A high-level overview of the process can be found in the following steps if you are using bootstrap mode and the personal location option when enabling nomadic emergency services.
- The desktop client will prompt a phone user with permission to enable location permission if they are signing in for the first time to the desktop client after they have enabled nomadic emergency services with bootstrap mode and personal locations.
- A Zoom Phone user will be prompted to confirm or update their emergency address every time Zoom Phone detects a change in a network (IP or MAC address) that they haven’t previously reported:
- Desktop client: It is possible that the phone user will see the prompt directly in the desktop client if the network change has something to do with the desktop client itself.
- Desk phone: A user will receive an email notification if the network change is related to a desk phone, which will direct them to the phone settings in the web portal if there is a change to the network.
- The Zoom Phone will attempt to match the network data associated with a phone user’s phone number with the existing company or personal location of the user.
- Detectable location: In the event that the network data is associated with an existing location, the phone user will be prompted to confirm or update the location associated with the detected emergency address, if there is one already registered. Upon confirming the address over the phone, the user will be redirected to the web portal where they will be able to select a location for that address. There will be an association between the address and the location.
- Undetectable location: A prompt will appear on the phone requesting the phone user to add an emergency address if the new network data is not associated with an existing location.
- A user will be able to update or add their emergency address by following the steps below:
- Choose a location on their website that has been added by the company
- You can add a new emergency address to the company’s location list as a new emergency address
- Choose a personal location that you have saved in your profile
- Create a new personal location containing the address of an emergency
- The user will receive a notification via email if they choose either the first or second option and you (and any other recipients listed in the email notifications) can review and approve any pending data for company locations by reviewing the email. If you would like to review and pending company location data, please sign in to the Zoom web portal. After the location has been approved, it will automatically be added as a company location once it has been approved.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the different types of Zoom accounts?
Users can be categorized into three types:
The Basic user is an individual who does not have a license that has been purchased.
A Licensed user is one who has paid for a subscription and is able to host meetings without any limits.
The users can be classified into two types: on-premise users and on-demand users. On-premise users are those who have paid subscriptions that can either host meetings on-premises or on-demand using the system.
What are all the features of Zoom?
A virtual meeting is a meeting that takes place over the internet. Zoom Meetings is a virtual meeting tool that allows you to connect virtually from any location.
Chat with your team members. Zoom Chat provides a convenient way to collaborate together.
The VoIP phone system is a telephone system that is internet based. With Zoom Phone, you will be able to call anywhere in the world.
Whiteboard that you can use online. Zoom Whiteboard is a powerful tool for creating and brainstorming.
Intelligence based on conversations. An in-depth analysis of conversation data for improving sales performance.
How many Zoom licenses do I need?
By purchasing five Zoom licenses, you will be able to have access to five licensed users on your account and you will be able to add them to your account. There is a limit of 9999 Basic (free) users that can be added to your Zoom account in addition to your Licensed users. How does a basic user differ from a licensed user and what are the differences between the two types?
Can I call 911 on Zoom?
In the case of Zoom Phone users, they can configure an incoming call alert so that when they dial 911, the call will be routed to the internal safety team as well as to the Public Safety Answering Point, provided that they have a safety team that is responsible for responding to emergencies within the company. As part of the PSAP, there is a special queue that is designated to the internal safety team.
How many Zoom meetings can you host at once?
Basic users and Licensed users on a Pro account are only allowed to host a meeting at a time, and that meeting can be hosted by a Licensed user and a Basic user simultaneously. Those who have a Business, Education, or Enterprise account can host up to two meetings at the same time, whereas those who have a Business, Education, or Enterprise account can host up to ten meetings at once. The original host of the meeting or an alternative host must start both meetings in order for the meetings to proceed.