It is not only possible to configure Zoom Chat as a safety team channel within Zoom, but also to integrate it with Zoom Rooms and Zoom Digital Signage in order to make it possible for you to receive emergency notifications from Zoom. It is possible to notify the designated channel of an emergency call by using the chatbot. There are specific Zoom Rooms and Zoom Digital Signage that can be used by safety team members to post emergency alerts and instructions.
Prerequisites for using Emergency Call Notifications
- There are four types of accounts: Pro, Business, Education, and Enterprise
- Admin or owner privileges on the account
- Licence for the Zoom Phone
- A license for Zoom Rooms is required
- In order to use the Zoom Room or Digital Signage, you have to configure location data.
- The Zoom Room client has been installed on your computer.
Read it also –
|Routing Emergency Calls In Zoom|
|Nomadic Emergency Services Process In Zoom|
|Managing Emergency Location And Addresses In Zoom App|
|Setting Up Nomadic Emergency Services In Zoom|
Installation and configuration
The Zoom account administrator is responsible for installing and configuring authorizations for all users in the Zoom account on a per-user basis.
- The app is installed on the device.
- It is possible to receive notifications of emergency calls via Zoom Chat, and to send alerts from this Zoom Chat channel.
- In order to manage Zoom Rooms and Zoom Phones, you need to create a role with edit permissions, and assign this role to members of the channel.
Members of the channel will now have the ability to use and configure the integration with this authorization.
Creates a channel in which members can be added to it.
- As soon as a member of a channel is added, they are able to:
- The channel can be configured to receive emergency calls when the channel is active.
- Send alerts and receive notifications when a person makes an emergency call by using the channel.
Installing from Zoom Marketplace
- In order to access the Zoom Marketplace, you will need to log in to your Zoom administrator account.
- Upon arrival at the page where the Emergency Call Notification app needs to be installed, click Add.
- Click the Authorize button after reviewing the permissions that have been requested.
Having installed the Emergency Call Notification chatbot on the Zoom client, you will be able to access it from the Apps tab under the Zoom account and you will be able to send an emergency call.
Setting up Emergency Call Notifications and the channel
In order to meet your company’s safety policy and procedure needs, the app provides flexibility when setting up emergency call notifications according to your company’s safety policy and procedure. There is a configuration option that allows you to choose how many sites and emergency numbers the channel monitors for emergency call notifications.
911 is the number to call in case of an emergency in the United States. If you make emergency calls through Zoom, you can also use 933 as an emergency services test number if Zoom is your carrier. Our recommendation would be to make sure you configure both of these emergency numbers in such a scenario.
The same configuration can also be used to send notifications to multiple channels at the same time (site and emergency number combination).
In order to set up a channel, repeat the setup procedure as many times as necessary.
- In order to receive emergency call notifications, you will need to go into Zoom client and select the channel you wish to receive the notifications.
- Open the configuration window by entering the command /emergencycall setup.
- Choose the location and the emergency number for the site.
- The changes should be saved after they have been made.
Editing and deleting configurations
- You can update the channel by logging into the Zoom client and selecting the channel you wish to update.
- The configurations of the channel can be viewed by entering the command /emergency call configure. When you enter /emergency all configure all, you will be able to see all configurations.
- As needed, you can edit or delete the item.
Disconnecting a configuration for a Channel
- If you want to update a Zoom channel, log in to the Zoom client and navigate to the channel you want to update.
- In order to disconnect the emergency call channel from its current configuration, you need to enter the command /emergencycall disconnect. By typing disconnect all, you will be able to disconnect from all configurations at once.
Chat Commands (for Admins)
For the purpose of maintaining configurations in a channel, there are a number of chat commands that can be used. Enter help into the app’s chat field in order to display a list of the available chat commands for the chatbot that can be used. It is recommended that you use /emergencycall [command] when running these commands in the channel.
- setup: Create an emergency call notification for this channel by setting it up. Select a site to monitor and a number to monitor in case of an emergency.
- disconnect: The current channel should be disconnected from emergency call notifications.
- disconnect all:It is recommended that all channels are disconnected from emergency call notifications.
- configure: The current channel’s configuration will be displayed.
- configure all: The configurations of all the channels will be displayed on the screen.
- help: All the commands that are available will be displayed in a list.
Using Emergency Call Notifications
It is the responsibility of your internal safety teams to notify Zoom Rooms and Zoom Digital Signage members of any emergency and utilize Emergency Call Notifications to receive updates on the situation.
As soon as someone calls Zoom Phone in an emergency situation, the chatbot sends pertinent information to the safety team channel, such as:
- Name of the caller
- Phone number for Zoom
- The time and date of the event
- Postal address
Note: The Zoom Room/Digital Signature must have been configured with valid location data in order to be able to receive Emergency Call notifications. For more information, please see Disabling or Enabling Digital Signage.
Sending Alert messages
An alert message can be composed and sent to a specific floor and site by using the following steps:
- To compose an alert message under Incident, click the pencil icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Once the alert destination has been selected, the alert can be sent to that destination.
Cancelling Alert messages
You can cancel or stop the alert message by clicking on the Stop Alert button.
Uninstalling the Emergency Call Notifications chatbot
- You will need to log in as the administrator of your Zoom account in order to access the Zoom portal.
- Adding apps can be done in the App Market by clicking Manage, then clicking Added Apps.
- Then click on the Remove button.
- In order to use the Emergency Call Notifications chatbot, you must have access to your Zoom account.
- It is possible for the Emergency Call Notifications chatbot to view the following information:
- Caller information: User id, first name, last name, email, user type, PMI, department, last login time, phone number, and the last time the user logged in.
- Location information: An address, a GPS coordinate, an IP address, a time zone, and a GPS coordinate.
- Zoom Room information:
- Send an alert message to all Zoom Rooms in your organization, list all Zoom Rooms
- Zoom and the chat app use encryption to communicate between each other.
- Protocol: TLS 1.2
- Cipher suite: ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256
- Key length: 128 bits
- Perfect Forward secrecy: YES
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Zoom have Chat notifications?
A setting that can be changed for all chat notifications
Launch Zoom’s desktop client and sign in with your Zoom account. Choose the Settings option from the menu. Go to the Chat tab on the left side of the screen. There will be a chat notification setting that you can change.
How do I turn on notifications on Zoom app?
- Join Zoom Events by logging in to your Zoom account.
- Please click on the profile picture on your profile page.
- Select Notifications from the drop-down menu.
- On the left side of the screen, click Settings.
- Make sure that the check boxes next to Zoom Events and/or Email are checked.
How do you pop out chat in Zoom?
How do you use the chat feature in Zoom?
- Connect to the Zoom desktop client by logging in with your Zoom account.
- The Chat tab can be found by clicking the menu button.
- On the chat panel, you will find a button called New Chat at the top of the page.
- If you are looking to contact a Zoom contact, you must enter their name or e-mail address. If there are additional names or email addresses that need to be added, please add them.
- Once you have entered your message, click on the Enter key to send it.
How do I get my phone to zoom in on notifications?
- On the main screen, you will find an icon called Settings (gear).
- Select Chat from the menu.
- By tapping the settings or the toggle, you can make changes. Whenever a link is included in a message, show the page title, preview image, and description. Be notified about. The entire message archive.
How do I turn off Zoom call notifications?
- It will open a menu where you can adjust the settings.
- You need to click on the [ Notifications] button, then click on [ Do Not Disturb / Call Rejection], then click on “OK”.
How do I set notifications for Zoom meeting?
- Obtain a Zoom account by logging in.
- Then click Alerts & Notifications in the navigation menu.
- Logs can be accessed by clicking the tab.
- If you would like to change the date for your review, please click the From and To boxes.
- If you are looking for a particular alert, you should type it in the search box.