If you dial an emergency number, you will be prompted for an emergency address that will be available to first responders. Before you can purchase direct phone numbers, you need to make sure that your account has emergency addresses added to it.
There are a number of topics covered in this article, including:
- How to update an emergency address
- How to add a new emergency address
- How to update the emergency address for a specific phone user
- How to confirm an emergency address for BYOC
- How to enable or disable users’ ability to manage emergency addresses
Prerequisites for setting emergency addresses
- Accounts for Professionals, Businesses, and Educational institutions
- Ownership or administration rights of an account
- Licenses for Zoom Phone can be found here
How to update an emergency address
If you would like to change the emergency address that was set by default during setting up, you can do so. In addition to all users of the Zoom Phone, as well as rooms with a Zoom Phone license, and the phones in the common area, the default address is applied. As long as you have multiple sites, then it will apply to the extensions that are part of the site that the default address belongs to. Default emergency addresses are assigned to each site based on its location.
If you would like to update an emergency address that you entered during setup or that someone else has added to your account, you can also do that.
- Enter the Zoom website and sign in to your account.
- Select Phone System Management from the navigation menu and then click Company Info from the dropdown menu.
- According to whether you have more than one site, you will need to follow one of the following options:
- If you enabled multiple sites:
- Once you have selected the website you want to edit, click on the Settings tab on the left side of the webpage.
- If you disabled multiple sites:
- On the left side of the screen, click on Account Settings.
- On the Emergency Services tab, you will find a link to call 911.
- You will find the Manage Emergency Addresses option under Emergency Addresses.
On the next page, you will be able to see a list of emergency addresses. There will be a column in the Address Type column if the address was added by a user, indicating the address was added by a user.
Make sure that the address of the location you have provided is correct as it may be used by first responders.
- When you have chosen the address you would like to change, click on the Edit button in the last column.
- Click on the Submit button once you have changed the address.
How to add a new emergency address
- The Zoom web portal can be accessed by logging in to the site.
- Select Phone System Management from the navigation menu and then Company Info from the drop-down menu.
- Depending on the number of sites you have, you will have to choose one of the following options:
- When you enable multiple sites, you will need to take the following steps:
- The first thing you want to do is to click on the name of the site that you want to edit, and then click the Settings tab.
- It is possible to disable multiple sites at the same time:
- Click the Account Settings button on the left side of the screen.
- The Emergency Services tab can be found by clicking the Emergency Services link.
- To manage your emergency addresses, click on the Manage button under Emergency Addresses.
- Add the required information by clicking the Add button and filling out the form. You will be able to select the address of your site if you have set up more than one site.
Note: As first responders may be instructed to go to this address, it is extremely important that you enter the correct address.
- Submit the form by clicking the Submit button.
How to update the emergency address for a specific phone user
In order to update an emergency number that is assigned to a specific phone number, please follow the steps below. Adding a new emergency address and associating it with a phone number are the first steps in creating one.
- Using the Zoom web portal, you can sign in to the account.
- Click the Phone System Management link in the navigation menu of the call center, followed by Users & Rooms.
- If you want to change the emergency address for a specific phone user, click on the name of that user.
- To change your emergency address, click on the Emergency Addresses section and then click Manage. You will then be able to choose one of the following options:
- You can follow the default address of the company as follows: Depending on where your account or website is located, you will be able to select a default emergency address.
- It is important to choose an address for your company: If your admin has added an emergency address to your account, you can choose it.
- If you want to use your personal address, you need to: You can add an emergency contact number to your personal account by clicking Manage
- A policy setting can make it so that the phone user cannot change their emergency address if you want to control if they can do it.
- Once you have clicked Done, the process will be completed.
How to confirm an emergency address for BYOC
- Log in to the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- Select Phone System Management from the navigation menu and then select Phone Numbers from the submenu.
- Choose the BYOC tab on the left hand side of the screen.
- Then you can click on BYOC Emergency Address on the right side of the page, and you can choose one of the following options:
- It is possible to confirm batch addresses in the following ways: If you would like your carrier to confirm the emergency addresses that you have provided them with, please upload a CSV file.
- You will receive a notification if your address changes: Type the email addresses that you would like to receive notification of address changes for in the Target Email List box and click Save once the email addresses have been typed.
- The new emergency address can be confirmed by clicking the Emergency Address Update Status, and selecting Carrier Update Required to confirm the new emergency address has been confirmed by the carrier
How to enable or disable users’ ability to manage emergency addresses
- To access Zoom’s web portal, you will need to sign in with your Zoom account.
- Click Phone System Management from the navigation menu, then click Company Info from the drop-down menu.
- In the event that you do not have any sites associated with your account, click Account Settings, then select the Emergency Services tab. The Emergency Services tab can be selected once you select the site you want to use from a list of sites.
- Ensure that you have enabled or disabled Emergency Address Management by clicking the toggle on the right side of that section.
Read it also –
|Routing Emergency Calls In Zoom|
|Nomadic Emergency Services Process In Zoom|
|Managing Emergency Location And Addresses In Zoom App|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a zoom emergency address?
Admins have access to your emergency address in case of an emergency. During an emergency, the information you provide to the account’s Internal Safety Response Team (if set up by your admin) may be shared with the public safety answering point (for example, 9-1-1) and the account’s public safety answering point (for example, 9-1-1).
Can I call 911 on Zoom?
A Zoom Phone user can configure an incoming call alert, when a Zoom Phone user dials 911, which will allow the call to be routed to both the internal safety team and Public Safety Answering Point if the company has an internal safety team that responds to emergencies. As a special type of call queue, the internal safety team is configured as part of the public safety answering point (PSAP).
How do I assign an admin in zoom?
As the account owner, you need to sign in to the Zoom web portal. You can find the User Management section in the navigation menu, and then you can find the Roles section. Then click on the button that says Add Role. If you would like to add a role, specify an appropriate name and description, then click the Add button.
Can Zoom calls be tracked?
In order to enable call monitoring, administrators need to allow group admins to add groups that can enable monitoring features (listen, whisper, barge, take over). There are some scenarios in which Zoom Phone users can use the call monitoring features on other Zoom Phone users, common area phones, queues, and shared lines groups with the permission of Zoom Phone admins.
How can you tell if someone is watching you on Zoom?
Firstly, you need to ensure that you are paying attention to where the person is pointing their camera in order for this to work. In this case, you should either cover up the camera or use a flashlight to shine a beam of light on your device, and see if you notice a change in light on the screen of your device. Then it may mean that you have been pinned on their screen if this happens to you.