This post was most recently updated on July 23rd, 2022
Using Zoom Phone with your contact integration set up, you are able to automatically create synced contact lists based upon your call history and voicemail if you have a license for Zoom Phone. If you would like to add a phone number to an existing synced, you can do so by editing the synced.
In order to enjoy the convenience of viewing, calling, and sending messages from Zoom desktop client, you must have your contacts synced with your third-party contact service (eg. Google, Outlook, etc.) so that they can be easily accessed, viewed, and accessed from Zoom desktop client.
The following topics are covered in this article:
- How to create a new synced contact
- How to edit an existing synced contact by adding a phone number
Prerequisites for creating or editing synced contacts
- In order to use Zoom Phone, you must have a license
- It is the responsibility of your admin to enable the policy setting for voicemail
- Ensure that the Contacts integration is set up with the Write permission enabled for each contact in the system
Note: In the event that you are not able to select the Write permission, please contact your admin. It may be possible for them to have restricted access to the permissions of the contacts.
- For Windows, macOS, or Linux, you will need Zoom desktop client version 5.6.6 or higher.
How to create a new synced contact
In order to sync your contacts, you can either use your voicemail or call history to create the contacts.
- Open the Zoom desktop client on your computer and sign in.
- You can access the Phone tab by clicking on it.
- You can access your voicemail by clicking the Voicemail tab.
- When you hover over the voicemail entry, you will see an ellipses button . Click that button, then click either New Google Contact or New Outlook Contact .
- Enter the following information:
- First name
- Last name
- Phone number (pre-entered from the call history voicemail entry)
- Phone number type (Home, Main, Work, Mobile)
Note: According to the third-party contacts service, there are several types of numbers available for selection.
- The new contact will be added to the contact folder that you have selected.
Note: The ability to create contact folders is only available if you integrate your Outlook, Office 365, or Exchange account with your contact management system. You can edit contact folders in Outlook, Office 365, or Exchange accounts by logging in to your account. It is only possible to set up contacts integration with Google if you have already set up contacts integration with Google.
- Click Create.
- There will be a new synced contact listed in the Cloud Contacts section of the Contacts tab, now that it has been synced.
- Contacts will be organized under Cloud Contacts if you have configured contacts integration with Outlook, Office 365, or Exchange, and you have arranged your contacts into folders. If you have arranged your contacts into folders, you will see them arranged by these folders.
How to edit an existing synced contact by adding a phone number
By adding a phone number to an existing synced file, you will be able to edit an existing synced file.
Note: Using a third-party contacts service, such as Google or Outlook, you can edit other fields for a synced contact that has been synced.
- Launch the Zoom desktop client and sign in with your Zoom account.
- Select the Phone tab on the left side of the screen.
- You will find the Voicemail tab on the left side of the screen.
- When you hover over a phone message, click the ellipses button, and then click either Add to Google Contacts or Add to Outlook Contacts, depending on your device.
- Enter the following information:
- Find Outlook contact / Find Google contact: Select a contact from your existing list by typing in the name of the contact in the search field and then selecting it from the results.
- You will have to enter the phone number (prefilled from the voicemail entry in your call history)
- There are four types of phone numbers (Home, Main, Work, Mobile) that can be used.
Note: A number of different types of numbers are available depending on the contact service provided by a third party.
- You can add a new item by clicking the Add button.
Synced contacts will be updated with the phone number associated with the related contact.