When calendar resources are integrated with Zoom Room, the room’s TV display, controller, and scheduling display will show the meetings scheduled for that room.
Benefits of integrating with Exchange 2013/2016
- Users in your account can schedule meetings in Zoom Room by inviting the meeting room to a meeting.
- Meeting rooms are assigned as calendar resources through the calendar service.
- By giving Zoom access to calendar resources, users can start and join meetings with one touch.
What Exchange administrators need to do to enable adding Calendar Services for Zoom Rooms
- Create a dedicated user in Exchange that can manage calendars
- Create or search calendar resources used by each Zoom Room
- Allow dedicated users full proxy access to each calendar resource
- Allow dedicated users to edit each calendar resource
- Update settings for each calendar resource using Windows Powershell
Once the Exchange administrator has completed these steps, it will use the credentials of the dedicated user to grant permissions to Zoom Rooms in the account to use the calendar service and all its calendar resources.
- Administrator account in Exchange
- Ability to create and manage room calendars
- Ability to create new Exchange users
Section (1 ): Create a Zoom Rooms Service Account
- Log in to ECP .
- Move to [ mailboxes ] under [ recipients ] and click [+].
- Select [ User mailbox ].
- Create an email address, for example, email@example.com .
- This user email is used in all of Zoom Rooms.
- Make a note of the User Login Name and Password .
- Create the same work email and add it to your Zoom account https://zoom.us/account/user .
Section (2 ): Create or Obtain Rooms and Room Emails
- As an administrator local ECP to login to.
- [ Resources ]> [ Recipients Go to].
- If you need to add a room, click the plus sign [ + ].
- Make a note of the room display name and email address .
Section (3 ) : Delegate a Room to the Zoom Rooms Service Account
- Log in to ECP as an administrator .
- [ Resources ]> [ Recipients Go to].
- Double click on the first room.
- Click [ mailbox delegation ].
- [ Full Access Scroll down to], plus sign [ + Click].
- Select dedicated mail and click [ add-> ].
Section (4 ): Sharing Resources with Zoom Rooms Work Mail Calendar
- Log in to https://login.microsoftonline.com with Zoom Rooms work email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) .
- Open the user’s Calendar , navigate from the top navigation bar to the user’s drop-down menu, and click Open another mailbox ….
- The Microsoft popup dialog window will open. Enter the Zoom Room resource you want to share (here: Panther).
- The Zoom Room resource mailbox opens. Click the calendar at the bottom left of the navigation bar.
- [ Your Calendars by right-clicking a], [ Share Calendar and click.
- The Microsoft calendar sharing dialog window opens. Enter your Zoom Room work email and share Editor access. Click [ Send ] at the top left of this dialog window .
- Log in to your Zoom Room work email and check your inbox. Accept
the invitation by clicking on the invitation from the Zoom Room resource .
- If you allow the invitation, the Calendar tab will be displayed. The calendars of the Zoom Room resource are listed under [ Other Calendars ] on the left side of the page .
Make sure that this calendar is displayed.
Section (5 ): Enable Basic Authentication or NTLM Authentication
Zoom Rooms supports Basic and NTLM-style authentication for on-premises solutions such as Exchange servers .
Use one of the following to enable any of the authentications that apply to your account :
- On the EWS , click Authentication .
- Check the [ Basic authentication ] check box and click [ Save ].
- Open the Exchange Management Shell on the Exchange 2013 server .
- The Outlook Anywhere client for enable Kerberos authentication to the, Client Access server and run the following command in.
Get-OutlookAnywhere -server CAS-1 | Set-OutlookAnywhere -InternalClientAuthenticationMethod Negotiate
- To enable MAPI Kerberos authentication via HTTP client, run the following command on the Exchange 2013 Client Access server:
Get-MapiVirtualDirectory -Server CAS-1 | Set-MapiVirtualDirectory -IISAuthenticationMethods Ntlm, Negotiate
Section (6 ): Search EWS URL
- Click [servers ] in [ Exchange Control Panel ] .
- [ Virtual Directories] switch to, [EWS]> [General] and then double-click.
- Find the EWS URL .
Section (7): Disable Remove Subject from Room Event
- [ Run As Administrator by using the option Windows PowerShell to start.
- Enter the Exchange administrator username and password by entering the following command:
$ UserCredential = Get-Credential
- Prepare your session ( get the EWS URL from the previous step ).
$ Session = New-PSSession-ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri http://server-porter.portertest.com/powershell -Authentication Kerberos -Credential $ UserCredential
- Connect a session
Import-PSSession $ Session
- You can check the settings of the room before and after the change using the following command.
Get-CalendarProcessing -Identity “49ers” | Format-List identity, deletesubject, addorganizertosubject, RemovePrivateProperty
- Of the ” DeleteSubject “, ” AddOrganizerToSubject ” and ” RemovePrivateProperty ” settings, if there are 3 false responses, it is ready.
Note: If you get the following error, please use the following command:
This command will fail if you did not run PowerShell as an administrator in step 1
“Import-PSSession: Files can not be being executed because running scripts is disabled on this system.Provide a valid certificate with which to sign the files. Unable to load. Please provide a valid certificate to sign the file.
- Change room settings
Set-CalendarProcessing “49ers” -AddOrganizerToSubject $ false -OrganizerInfo $ true -DeleteAttachments $ true -DeleteComments $ false -DeleteSubject $ false -RemovePrivateProperty $ false
If the following error is displayed, it means that the scope of the role group that grants permission to execute the cmdlet does not include the user / room. Please log in using your administrator account.
“The operation could not be performed because the object ’49ers’ could not be found on ‘Server-Porter.portertest.com’. (The object” 49ers “could not be found at” Server-Porter.portertest.com ” Could not execute the operation.)
If you see the following error, make sure that the user logged in using PowerShell has “Organization Management” and “Recipient Management” permissions.
“Set-CalendarProcessing command not found (The Set-CalendarProcessing command could not be found)”
You can check the settings of the room before and after the change using the following command.
Get-CalendarProcessing -Identity "49ers" | Format-List identity, deletesubject, addorganizertosubject, RemovePrivateProperty
Of the ” DeleteSubject “, ” AddOrganizerToSubject ” and ” RemovePrivateProperty” settings, if there are 3 false responses, it is ready.
- Disconnect the session and close PowerShell.
Remove-PSSession $ Session
Section: (8 ) Add Exchange Calendar Service to Zoom
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as a Zoom Rooms administrator.
- [ Calendar Integration to select], [ Add Calendar Service and click].
The Add a Calendar Service dialog is displayed.
- Click [ Add ] in the Exchange section .
The Exchange dialog is displayed.
- Enter the email address and password of a dedicated calendar service user.
- Select the Exchange version .
- Enter the Exchange login domain, if necessary.
- Enter the EWS server URL . Be sure to include https: // in the URL .
- Click [ Authorize ].
The calendar integration page displays the added calendar service.
For information on setting up calendar resources in Zoom Room, see Add Zoom Room .