Getting started as a Zoom Events attendee
Zoom Events is an immersive platform where consumers can enjoy new interactive and engaging virtual experiences from creators of all sizes: from large media organizations to creative individual hosts.
Prerequisites for Zoom Events attendees
- For Zoom desktop client:
- Windows: 5.7.6 or higher
- macOS: 5.7.6 or higher
- For Zoom mobile client
- iOS: 5.7.6 or higher
- Android: 5.7.6 or higher
- For Basic user
- 5.7.6 does support Zoom Events; however, it may cause the participants of Zoom Events to see a blank lobby experience as a result of a dependency with a Windows Webview package.
- It is highly recommended that attendees update their Zoom desktop client/mobile application to the latest version so they can take advantage of the latest Zoom Events and Webinar features.
How to navigate Zoom Events
It provides attendees with a logical way to browse events organized by Zoom Events.
Sign in to Zoom Events
You will be redirected to the Zoom Events landing page or tickets page once you have logged in to Zoom Events:
When a landing hub is specified
You will be directed to the landing hub specified by the host when the host specifies their landing hub. In the landing hub, you can browse and check out the events that are listed. If you sign in to Zoom Events for the first time, you will be directed to the landing hub page.
The landing hub will appear in the top navigation bar or on the left navigation menu when you click Hubs, or when you click the hubs that you are following from the left navigation menu.
When a landing hub is not specified
No matter what landing hub is selected for your event, you will be redirected to Zoom Events’ Tickets page the first time you log in.
There are only three options visible at the top of the screen, Favorites, Ticket, and Hubs.
- Favorites: By clicking this link, you will be taken to the Favorites section of the Tickets page, where you will find details of your favorite events.
- Tickets: Under this tab, you can view tickets that you have purchased, which are arranged into categories such as upcoming events, past events, orders, and favorites.
- Upcoming: Here you will find information on upcoming events that you have registered for.
- Past: Here you will find information on past events that you have registered for.
- Orders: Here you will find information on your recent orders.
- Information on your recent orders can be found below:
- Event Name
- Tickets: This will display how many tickets have been registered.
- Total Paid: This will show you the total amount that you paid for your tickets.
- Purchase Time: This shows you the time and date that you purchased your tickets.
- Your order will be displayed as Canceled in the event you cancel your order.
- This can be done by filtering the order list. You can filter your orders by selecting the All Orders dropdown menu, then select the Order Refunds dropdown menu.
- You can click the ellipses to the right of an order and then select the steps as follows:
- View Details: Provides detailed information about each event ticket.
- If you wish to cancel your order, you can do so during the cancellation period provided by your host. To confirm the cancellation, click Yes, Cancel Order in the verification dialog box.
Note: The cancellation will not be reverted.
- Information on your recent orders can be found below:
- Favorites: Shows you the events that you are most interested in.
- The following tab will display a list of public hubs that you follow, when you are an external attendee (who does not belong to an organization). If you are an internal attendee (as in a member of an organization), then you will be able to see a list of all the hubs you are following and those you want to explore in more detail. Simply click on any hub for more information about their events.
- If an external attendee follows a public hub, they will be able to see the Hubs section. A hub that is open to the public can be watched and followed by external attendees, but they need to have the link to the public hub to do so.
- In their top navigation menu, external attendees will only be able to access the Favorites tab, as well as the Tickets tab. Either they need to copy or paste the link for the public hub into their browser in order to be able to access the public hub. The Hubs tab will be added to their top navigation menu once they have started following a public hub.
- For internal hubs, external attendees will not be able to access.
- When you do not follow any hubs or if you have hidden the hub, the Hubs tab will not display.
It is possible to perform the following actions when you click your profile picture:
- It is possible to sign up to receive notifications through the Notification Center
- Available on the OnZoom website.
- Payments & Invoicing for Attendees
- After Signing Out
How to access a hub’s public profile page
- Join Zoom Events by signing in.
- If you want to view a hub, click on the Hubs icon in the top right corner, and then click the hub you want to see.
If you wish to view a hub from the Hubs panel on the left, you can also click on it.
- View the public profile page information for the hub by clicking on it.
- You can access the recording and events tabs by clicking on them.
- Events: The Events tab shows two tabs to organize the events of the hub: Upcoming Events as well as Past Events. In the hub, you can register for events that will be happening in the near future, as well as view information about past events.
- Recordings: Listen to recordings of past events in the hub.
The following information will be displayed on a hub’s public profile page:
- Hub name
- Hub avatar photo
- Hub contact email
- Hub category
- Hub tags
- Hub description
- Hub logo
- Hub masthead
- Hub video
- Hub social media accounts
Follow a hub
- Log in to Zoom Events by clicking the button below.
- In the upper left hand corner, click Hubs to begin the process.
- Once you have found the hub you wish to follow, click the link to begin the process.
- On the profile page of the hub, you will find a link entitled Follow.
A notification will be sent to you informing you that you have now followed that hub.
Access a hub’s on-demand recordings without signing in
Zoom Events require that you accept the Zoom Terms of Service before you can access and view the on-demand recording library if you are not logged in to your Zoom Events account.
Note: It is necessary that you have permission to view the hub profile in order to view these recordings.
- If the host doesn’t have a privacy statement, users must accept the following statement: By watching this recording, you agree to Zoom’s Terms of Service, as well as the Terms of Service for Event Participants.
How to view the event profile (event details page)
- You will need to sign in to Zoom Events in order to attend this event.
- If you click the Hubs link in the upper right corner, you will be able to view the hub that you selected.
On the left-hand side, you will find a Hubs panel where you can click on a specific hub that you want to view.
- You will then be able to view the Events section of the hub.
- To view upcoming events, click the tab for upcoming events.
- Find the event you are interested in viewing and click it.
This will take you to the event profile (details page for the event).
There are several informational fields in the event profile such as the name of the event, the host, and the agenda for the event. In addition to registering for an upcoming event, viewing your ticket, and joining a conference lobby from this page, you can view all upcoming events.
View the event profile
Whenever you are viewing the details of an event (also known as a profile), you will see the following information about the event:
- Event name
- Event description
- Event dates and times
- Event organizer name
- Event fundraiser
- Share button
- Favorite button
- Event category and tag
- Link to a list of available countries and regions
- Notice(s) that the event will be recorded or livestreamed
- Report button
There are 3 tabs on each conference event profile: Sessions, Speakers, and Sponsors.
- Sessions tab: Find out more about upcoming sessions through this tab. On the right-hand side of the screen, you can see the session title as well as the session dates, times, and locations. To find out more about any session, simply click the session name. A panel on the right allows you to view details about the session, tracks, speakers, and session description.
- You can also view the featured session of the event in the Featured Sessions section.
- The search box to look for sessions can be found in the Search Sessions section of this website. Alternatively, you can also filter your results by using the Filter button, which will allow you to choose a filtering method from Tracks, Audiences, Products, and Levels (if applicable).
- The search box for Search Sessions can be accessed to display all event sessions.
- Speakers tab: Here you will find information about the speakers for the event. It is possible to view the speaker list and the title of the speaker’s session at a glance. To view more information about any given speaker, click on the speaker’s name. Right below the speaker’s photo, you can view their company, title, position, social media links, biography, their session’s image, and track information for their session.
- Featured speakers: highlighted speakers are those speakers who are featured at the event.
- To find out more about different sessions, click the search box next to the search box for speakers. Click on the Filter button and choose the Tracks, Audiences, Products, and Levels (if applicable) to filter your results. Alternatively, you can also use the Advanced Search option.
- The Search Speakers option will display all event speakers under the search box.
- Sponsors tab: The Sponsors tab contains information about the sponsors of the event. The sponsor tiers, names, and bios of each sponsor can easily be viewed at a glance. By clicking on any sponsor, you will be taken to more details about that sponsor. You can view the sponsor’s photo as well as their name and biography on the right panel. Additionally, you can see the sponsor representative’s name and image as well as the name of the sponsor representative.
- Note: For a list of all event sponsors and their privacy policies, you can click View Sponsor Privacy Policies in order to view that list.
How to use payment methods
Add a payment card in your account’s billing section
You can add a payment card to your account by following the steps below:
- Join Zoom Events by logging in with your Zoom account.
- You can find your profile picture in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Simply click the Attendee Payments and Billing button.
- Next, click on the Add Credit or Debit Card option under Payment Method Management.
- Input the name of the card holder as well as the details of the card.
- After saving, the card will be activated.
- Input the billing address that is associated with the card under Billing Address.
- Save the changes.
Link a PayPal account
Add a PayPal account to your account by following these steps:
- Join Zoom Events by logging into your Zoom account.
- Your profile picture will appear in the top-right corner of the page.
- Go to Attendees & Billing from the top-left corner of the page.
- Select + Link PayPal Account from under Payment Method Management.
The site of PayPal will be redirected to you.
- After you have followed the prompts and entered the required information, the PayPal account will be linked to the Zoom Events account.
After you have linked a PayPal account to your Zoom Events account, you will be redirected to your Zoom Events billing section.
Please see the article on managing payment methods for more information on managing payment methods.
How to register for Zoom Events
There are both paid and free Zoom Events that can be attended by attendees. As a prerequisite to being able to register for a paid event, you will be required to enter your payment method and sales address during the registration process. Depending on what form of payment the host accepts, you will see a selection of payment methods available to you.
There is only one ticket that can be registered for each Zoom Event attendee.
- Join Zoom Events by logging in.
- You will find the Hubs section in the top right corner of the Zoom Events page.
- When you click on a hub, only events within that hub will be displayed.
- Click on Events in the left-hand menu.
- Select Upcoming Events from the All Events dropdown menu.
- Locate and click on the event for which you would like to register.
- Fill out all of the required information.
To find out more about how you can register for Zoom Events, please visit this support article.
Receive an email reminder for paid event availability
The availability for paid ticket registration for events scheduled at a later date will be determined by the payment provider requirements of the event hub. On the event details page, you can view the date when registration will open for a paid event. Whenever the event is available for registration, you will be emailed a reminder to come back to that page to complete your registration.
You can find more information about paid event availability in this support article.
Pre-registration for an event is when you are pre-registered by the host of the event and your registration process will proceed quickly and you will not have to go through the standard registration process for an event.
You can learn more about how to complete the pre-registration process for Zoom Events by visiting the help article.
How to join an event
Zoom’s desktop client requires that users log in to the Zoom desktop client using the same email account as the one used when they registered for Zoom Events or purchased tickets for the event.
There are multiple ways for you to join an event:
- Zoom desktop clients can be used to join an event
- through an email by clicking on the ‘Join from email’ button
- Zoom Events allows you to join an event through your email address
- if you have an entry in your calendar
- you can use the Zoom mobile app to join an event
- directly from the event details page using your mobile device
- If you have preregistered for the event, you can join the event as a guest
Note: If you have preregistered for the event, the joining process will be different.
In order to learn more about how to join a Zoom meeting, please visit the support article.
How to get started with the conference lobby
A conference event always begins in the lobby of the conference venue.
Attend a conference lobby event
- Join Zoom Events by logging in.
- You will find Tickets in the top right corner of the screen.
- Simply click on the tab that reads “Upcoming.”.
- From there, choose the conference event with the lobby that you wish to attend.
- From the right-hand side of the event name, choose Join Lobby.
You will be taken to a new joining page and a pop-up window will appear.
- You will need to click the Open Zoom Meeting button on this page. On the same page, you also have the option of clicking Join Lobby.
The Zoom desktop client will open the event lobby as a new window, and it can be accessed from there as well.
In addition, we’ve added the ability to bookmark upcoming sessions, to build an itinerary, to view speaker information, to attend Expo, as well as to learn more about sponsors. In addition to watching livestreamed sessions, you can also talk to other event participants via chat.
If you would like to know more about how to get started with the Zoom Events conference lobby, please visit the Zoom Events Support article.
How to use Webinar Reactions
Presenters can use the Webinar Reactions function to get immediate feedback from audience members and other panelists, without disrupting or detracting from their presentations. There will be a reaction in the bottom right hand corner of the video or shared content window that will fade away after a certain period of time.
In addition, each participant can control its own view of their own reactions without affecting any other participant’s view of their own reactions.
- You must be using version 5.9.6 or higher to send and see reactions to this feature.
- In order for hosts and attendees to use this feature for their webinar events and sessions, a setting called Webinar Reactions must be enabled in the Zoom web portal.
Select reaction emojis
To choose an emoji to send as a reaction, you may select one of the following:
- You can choose one of the following emojis to use after joining a webinar event/session by clicking the Reactions button on the toolbar:
- Clapping Hands 👏
- Thumbs Up 👍
- Heart ❤️
- Tears of Joy 😂
- Open Mouth 😮
- Party Popper (Tada, Celebration) 🎉
You will see the reaction appearing in the lower right corner of the video window, floating upwards.
How to favorite an event
- Join Zoom Events by signing in to your Zoom account.
- Once you have signed in, click on the Hubs tab.
- Select the hub where the event you wish to favourite is located, and click it.
- Click on the Favorite button on the event card that you wish to favorite, then locate the event that you would like to favorite.
Whenever you click Favorites in the upper-right corner, you will see a list of all the events you have favorited.
How to share an event
- Register for Zoom Events by signing in to your account.
- Click on the Hubs link in the top right corner of the page.
- Scroll down and locate the hub that contains the event that you would like to share.
- Once you have located the event you would like to share, click it.
A new window will open with the details of the event.
- When you’re on the event details page, click the Share button.
- Depending on how you want to share your event, you have the following options:
- Email: You can send an email by clicking the email icon.
- Click the compose button, then click send to share.
- Social media: In order to share the event on social media, you must select to share the event on Facebook, Messenger, Twitter or LinkedIn.
- The event URL needs to be copied and pasted in order to share the event.
How to gift an event ticket
Buying a ticket to an event could be a great way of gifting it to someone else, or even transferring it to someone else.
In order to gift a paid event:
- Join Zoom Events by signing in.
- Then click on Tickets in the top right corner of the page.
- Once you have located the event you wish to gift, click on the Gift button.
A new window will open to allow you to gift the event in question.
- When you see the pop-up window, you need to put the email address of the person you wish to give the gift to.
- Enter a message expressing your reason for giving them this ticket (optional).
- You will be prompted to gift them this ticket.
Opt in to share contact information
A ticket can be gifted with an option for the gift recipient to opt-in to their contact information when the ticket is gifted.
Opt in through Tickets tab
To opt in through the Tickets tab:
- Sign in to Zoom Events.
- In the top-right corner, click Tickets.
- Find the gifted ticket that you received.
- (Optional) Select the following check box: I agree that Zoom may share my contact information with the Host to contact me for news, events and for other marketing purposes.
You can also click View Order, then select this check box in the ticket details.
Opt in through ticket details
If you would like to opt in through the ticket details, please follow these steps:
- Join Zoom Events by signing into your account.
- Then click Tickets in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- You will then be able to enter the gift code that was sent to you and click the View Order button.
- (Optional) Please CLICK HERE to confirm you agree Zoom may share my contact information with the Host for the purpose of contacting me about news, events, and other marketing materials.
How to contact the host
- Join Zoom Events by logging in.
- Then, click Tickets in the top-right corner of the page.
- Look up the event where the host you would like to contact is listed in the list of your registered events.
- To view the order, select View Order.
- Select Contact Host from the left side menu.
- Create an email and then send it to the host by clicking the “Send Email” button.
How to watch video recordings of past sessions
In the event of a free cloud recording included with registration, event hosts may be able to record their event and make recordings available to attendees.
The recordings of single-session events will only be available for 7 days after the event has ended. It is possible for you to listen to recordings of conference events (with access granted) as long as the lobby remains open.
Watch recordings of past sessions
You will be able to access the recordings of the events once you register for the event from the following locations:
- On the Tickets page, you will be able to download your event ticket (which contains a link to the recording)
- Event details page
- Conference lobby
Watch recordings from the conference lobby
- It is possible to access the conference lobby of an event.
- All you need to do is click the Itinerary button.
- From there you can select the session you wish to view.
- Click the Watch button in the session you wish to watch.
How to cancel your registration
The ticket can be cancelled at any time before the start date of the event if it is for a free event.
If you cancel your ticket at least one hour before the event, you can get a full refund if you cancel your paid ticket for those events that allow ticket cancellations. A cancellation request outside of the cancellation period, in which the host is responsible for deciding whether to accept or refuse your request for a refund, will be handled by the host.
To learn more about how you can cancel your ticket, please visit the support article.
How to report unwelcome behavior?
In the event that you find yourself in a situation that you need to escalate, we encourage you to report it to our event host team as follows:
- Join Zoom Events by signing in to your Zoom account.
- From here, find the event you would like to report, and join the event’s lobby.
- After that, you will need to scroll down the page.
- When you reach the Report section, click on it.
- Fill out the information about the situation.
- Click the Submit button.