On-demand recordings for Zoom Events hubs give event organizers the option to offer users the option to watch the recordings of events at their convenience. Recordings that can be viewed, published, managed, and logged within a hub’s library are available on-demand for hosts and event organizers to use.
This allows users to access recordings without having to register for the event at first, gives users the option of viewing recordings even if they missed the live event, and helps event organizers with knowledge sharing and content marketing by allowing them to view recordings without registering for the event at first. You are able to manage your on-demand recordings as a Zoom Events license holder by logging into Zoom Events.
There are a number of topics covered in this article, including:
- How to manage your hub’s on-demand recordings
- Access a hub’s on-demand recordings
- Publish event recordings to your on-demand recordings
- Unpublish event recordings from your on-demand recordings
- Edit a recording from your on-demand recordings
- Watch a recording from a hub’s on-demand recordings
- Use audio transcriptions
- Delete a recording from your on-demand recordings
- Report a recording
Prerequisites for managing on-demand recordings
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 5.7.6 or higher
- macOS: 5.7.6 or higher
- Zoom mobile client
- iOS: 5.7.6 or higher
- Android: 5.7.6 or higher
- A Professional account, a Business account, an Enterprise account, or an Education account
- To create a paid event, you will need a Stripe or PayPal Business account
- A license for Zoom Events is required in order to use the service
- It is strongly recommended that hosts update their Zoom desktop client/mobile application in order to be able to access the latest Zoom Events and Webinar features available.
How to manage your hub’s on-demand recordings
- On-demand recordings can only be viewed if they have been published into the hub‘s on-demand recordings library by a hub owner or hub manager.
Access a hub’s on-demand recordings
- Log into Zoom Events by signing in with your Zoom account.
- On the right side of the page, click Manage in the upper right corner.
- The hub drop-down menu can be found on the left navigation menu. From there, select the hub you wish to manage from the drop-down menu.
- If you want to manage recordings for any hub, you need to click the Recordings link under that hub.
Upon clicking the hub’s on-demand recording icon, a page will appear that lists the video recordings of each of the hub’s events.
Access a hub’s on-demand recordings without signing in
To access and view Zoom’s on-demand recording library, users who do not yet have an account with Zoom Events must accept Zoom’s Terms of Service prior to accessing and viewing the recordings. Users need to have permission to view the hub profile in order to be able to view these recordings.
- Users are expected to accept the following statement if a host has a privacy statement:
- It is important to note that if the host does not have a privacy statement, then the following statement must be accepted by the user:
- You are agreeing to Zoom’s Terms of Service as well as the Terms of Participation for Event Participants by viewing this recording.
Publish event recordings to your on-demand recordings
- Zoom Events can be accessed by signing in to your account.
- You are able to record a Zoom Event if you host one.
- To manage your account, click the Manage button in the top-right corner of your screen.
- By clicking the hub dropdown menu in the left navigation menu, you will be able to select which hub you would like to manage.
- You can manage recordings by clicking the Recordings link under the hub that you want to manage.
- If you want to add a recording to your hub’s on-demand recordings, click the ellipsis next to the recording that you want to include.
- Publish the recording by clicking the Publish Recording button.
You will be presented with a verification dialog box as a result.
- To confirm the recording has been published, click the Publish Recording button in the verification dialog box.
Upon publishing this recording, it will be added to the hub’s on-demand recordings once it has been published. Those users who have signed up for Zoom Events will also have access to this recording once they have signed in.
Unpublish event recordings from your on-demand recordings
- Join Zoom Events by logging in to your Zoom account.
- To manage your account, click the Manage link located in the top-right corner.
- Select the hub you want to manage from the dropdown menu on the left navigation bar, which will appear when you click on the hub dropdown menu.
- If you want to manage recordings for a hub, click Recordings under that hub.
- If you want to unpublish a published recording, click the ellipses at the end of the recording that you wish to unpublish.
- Unpublish the recording by clicking on the Unpublish button.
There will then be a confirmation dialog box that will appear on your screen.
- To confirm the unpublishing of the recording, click the Unpublish Recording button in the verification dialog box.
As soon as this recording has been unpublished, it will no longer appear in the hub’s on-demand recording section.
Edit a recording from your on-demand recordings
The on-demand recordings that are available through a hub can be accessed.
- Whenever you are watching a recording, click on the ellipses and then click Edit Recording when the recording starts playing.
- Please enter a new title for the recording in the Title text box (Optional).
- If you would like to add a new description to the recording, enter it in the Description text box.
- At the bottom of the screen of the recording, you will find a button that says Trim (optional). You can trim the duration of the recording by using the slider bar at the bottom of the window. Once you have finished trimming the video, a new recording will be created from the remaining portions (within the blue border).
- Drag the slider bar from left to right so that you can trim (shorten) the beginning of the recording by dragging it from left to right. If you trim off a section of the image (outside the blue border), that portion will be deleted from the document.
- Drag the slider bar on the right hand side of the screen from right to left to trim (shorten) the ending of the recording. If you trim out the section outside of the blue border (the portion that you want to delete) then it will be deleted.
- On the recording screen, you will find a button at the bottom that lets you adjust the speed of the recording. Depending on how fast you would like your recording to be, you can select the speed.
- Save the changes by clicking on the Save button.
Watch a recording from a hub’s on-demand recordings
- On-demand recordings for a hub can be accessed through the hub’s on-demand feature.
- Click the ellipses next to the recording that you wish to watch, then click the Watch Recording button by the recording.
A video can also be viewed by hovering your mouse over the video image and clicking on the icon that says Play.
- The player for the recording will be launched in order for you to be able to view the recording.
Read it also –
|How To Find And View Local Recordings In Zoom|
|Viewing Call History And Recordings In Zoom App|
|How Do Local Recording In Zoom App|
Use audio transcriptions
The transcription of audio is available in your recording if the host has enabled audio transcription during the recording process.
Search through audio transcription
The transcript can be searched for a word (or words) by using the following method:
- You can enter the keyword(s) you are looking for in the Search box located at the top of the page.
In the transcript, all matching terms will be highlighted in a yellow color.
- The following are optional actions you can perform after you have searched for a word:
- It is possible to jump to the first matching term by pressing either Enter or Return (depending on your keyboard) on the keyboard. As soon as the first matching term is found, the recording will skip to that point and playback will resume as soon as possible
- The transcript can be scrolled through to see where the matching terms can be found (Optional).
- Syncing the transcript to the video playback is possible by clicking the resume transcript auto-scroll button at the bottom of the transcription box.
Delete a recording from your on-demand recordings
On-demand recordings that are available in a hub can be accessed.
- Click on the ellipses by the recording you would like to watch, then click on Delete Recording beneath the recording.
- If you are asked to confirm your request, click Delete in the confirmation dialog box.
Note: As soon as a recording is deleted, it cannot be undone, as it is a permanent action.
Report a recording
A hub’s on-demand recordings can be accessed through its on-demand feature.
- Click the ellipses to the left of the recording you would like to view, then click on the Watch Recording button.
Upon clicking on the recording player, you will be taken to an area where you can play the recording.
- The Recording Player page on the website can be accessed by clicking the Report Recording button at the bottom.
- In the recording progress bar, enter the Timestamp of Abuse in the Pause and Mark the Timestamp of Issue box to alert the Trust and Safety team that the abuse occurred at the timestamp you entered.
- As soon as you have selected What happened? Select the appropriate issue from the drop-down menu by clicking the drop-down menu.
- Send the report by clicking the Send Report button.
It will take the Trust and Safety team a few days to confirm that the email address you used to register for Zoom Events has been received by the team.
- Upon receiving the confirmation email, find it in your inbox and click on the Confirm Report link within it.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you Zoom in on demand recording?
- Once you have logged into your Zoom web portal, you will see a drop-down menu that allows you to select Recordings from.
- To make a recording of the meeting that you want to make available on demand, click on the meeting topic that you wish to record.
- Click the Share button.
- When you click Share Settings, you will need to ensure that the option For viewers to view the video, they must register is selected. Then click on Save.
- Now you can watch the recording on demand.
What happens if your Zoom recording didn’t save?
How do I retrieve a lost Zoom recording?
- Visit the Zoom website, and sign in using your Zoom username and password.
- Click the Recordings menu item from the navigation menu at the top of the page.
- A trash icon will appear at the top right corner of your screen if there are any cloud recordings in the trash.
- The recording can be retrieved by clicking the Recover button at the bottom of the page.
- If you would like to confirm your recovery, click on Recover again.
How do you change the Zoom on a recording?
- It is possible to select a recording from the list of recordings in the Recordings section by clicking on it in the left side of the page and navigating to it.
- Clicking the thumbnail will open the viewer/editor.
- On the player’s bottom right, click the Scissors icon.
- Set the start and end times by dragging the playhead arrows.
How do I access old zoom meetings?
- Become a member of Zoom by signing up for a free account.
- Select Dashboard from the navigation panel on the left side of the screen.
- In the Dashboard, in the Meetings section, click the meeting that you would like to attend.
- The meeting data from past meetings can be accessed by clicking Past Meetings (optional).