A person who attends an expo can manage their data, browse different products and services available at different booths, and network with other participants at the expo. Using Zoom Events Expo, event organizers can create a virtual exhibition-like presentation where attendees can network and chat with exhibitors and other attendees in order to enhance their experience at the event.
Prerequisites for joining Zoom Events expo
- Desktop clients for Zoom are as follows:
- Windows: 5.7.6 or a later version
- The best version of macOS is 5.7.6 or higher.
- Mobile client for Zoom
- A minimum of 5.7.6 is required for iOS
- The Android version must be 5.7.6 or higher
- The Zoom Events web browser is as follows:
- A minimum of 80 is required for Chrome Edge
- It is recommended that you use Google Chrome version 53.0.2785 or later
- The latest version of Safari is 10.0.602.1.50 or above
- A version of Firefox that is at least 76 is recommended
- The version of Internet Explorer that you are using must be 10 or higher
- Note: The support for Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) will end on August 17, 2021 as a result of a decision by Microsoft. Zoom has decided to cease supporting IE as of September 30, 2021 as a result of this date. After this date, Zoom users will still be able to use Zoom on IE, but we will no longer be able to support Zoom on IE, we will not be able to fix issues with IE, and we will not be able to provide any customer support for Zoom on IE.
- User with a basic level of knowledge
- A dependency with Windows’ Webview package for Windows platform exists; it may cause a blank lobby experience for attendees of Zoom Events when version 5.7.6 is installed; this is caused by the dependency with Windows’ Webview package for Windows platform.
- We strongly encourage attendees to upgrade to the latest version of the Zoom desktop client/mobile app as soon as possible so that they can take advantage of the latest Zoom Events and Webinar features.
How to access expo from the event lobby
A participant may choose to participate in the expo either through a desktop client or a web browser from the conference event lobby. Using the web browser plug-in, users are able to join an expo on the web browser in a similar way that they would in the Zoom client, allowing them to enjoy the same experience of expo on any device.
Note: While there are differences between using the desktop client or a web browser to register for an expo (apart from the different registration procedures), the overall customer experience with the expo will be the same for any attendee, no matter which method they use.
Access expo from the event lobby on the desktop client
Windows | macOS
Note: To make use of this feature, attendees will need to be able to use Zoom Chat, and they will have to sign up for the lobby chat at registration if they want to view and participate in the conference chat.
- Join Zoom Events by signing in with your Zoom account.
- Become a part of a conference event’s lobby by joining the event.
- Click the Expo tab on the top navigation menu of the conference event that you are attending.
Access expo from the event lobby on a web browser
How to complete the onboarding flow
Upon accessing the Expo tab, you will be able to walk through a one-time onboarding flow that will guide you along the way before you can access the Expo floor itself. When you complete the onboarding flow, you will be immediately placed on the exhibition floor for any subsequent visits once you have completed the onboarding process. This is especially true if you attend the same event on a different date, but it is on a different day.
Note:The onboarding flow must be repeated for each participant if they are participating in a different event.
Onboarding for expos consists of a series of short windows that provide you with a better understanding of what the expo is all about.
Note: Onboarding starts with a welcome screen that you will be able to click on until you return to your welcome screen and can click the Leave Expo button if you wish to leave. If you choose not to complete the onboarding process, you must click the Back button until it returns you to the welcome screen.
- Welcome to Expo! can be found in the Welcome to Expo! To begin the onboarding process, you need to click Continue in the dialog box and read the information presented to you.
- The onboarding process will end once you click OK in the Navigating Expo dialog box.
How to complete your expo profile
- You can access your profile picture by clicking the picture in the upper right corner.
- To create a profile, click the Create Profile button.
- If you would like to create a profile for yourself, please fill out the following information:
- Name: Your name should be entered here.
- Position: If you have a job title, enter it here.
- Company: In the company field, you must specify the name of the company you are affiliated withh.
- Headline: Give us a fun fact about you or a tagline that describes you best.
- To upload a cover photo, click the Change Photo button (optional).
- Once you have completed the form, click the Done button.
- The Go to My Profile button will take you back to your profile where you can edit your details.
- The Zoom Events profile information can be edited at any time.
- Everyone who attends your event will be able to see your profile image. To change the image on your profile, you will need to update the image on the Zoom web portal; you will have to replace the existing image on the Zoom web portal. As a result, your initials will be used as your display name in the Zoom web portal if no picture is present.
- If you use the profile link on your profile page, other Zoom users will be able to view your basic profile information.
How to navigate the expo floor
As soon as you complete the one-time onboarding process, you will be able to access the expo floor and explore the event. The avatar of your character will be displayed by default right above the Welcome area, as shown in the picture below. If you wish to navigate your avatar across the floor, you can do so by either using the arrow keys on your keyboard or your mouse to navigate your avatar as follows:
- Click on the location where you would like your avatar to be by using the mouse, then click on that location. You will be able to see the avatar directly there after it has been placed.
- Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to direct your avatar around the Expo floor by using the arrow keys on your keyboard.
- You can zoom in and out of the Expo floor by using your mouse wheel, the +/- keys on your keyboard, or the track pad on your trackpad if you have one (2-finger pinch).
How to join booth and spaces
- Using the Expo floor map, select the booth that you would like to join on the floor map by moving your avatar there.
- You can enter the booth by clicking the Enter Booth button on the booth.
We will be having various spaces (meeting sessions) at the booth where you will be able to participate in a meeting with other attendees.
- As long as livestreaming has been enabled or disabled for a space, the active spaces will display as In Progress as they are actively streaming.
- There will be a message displayed when a space is inactive: This space is inactive. If you would like to return later, please do so. You will not be able to join any active sessions as a result of this.
- Click on the Join button next to the space you would like to join.
- Using the Expo toolbar, click the Leave Booth button if you wish to depart from your booth.
On the floor of the Expo, you will be able to see your avatar outside of the booth.
Note: In spite of the fact that booth sessions are not livestreamed, expo attendees are welcome to attend them.
How to use the expo toolbars
Expo floor toolbar
It is possible to access and use the following options from the toolbar located on the bottom left corner of the expo floor:
- Spatial View
- Near Me
- Zoom in /Zoom out
There is an option for Spatial View in the Settings menu. An Expo Settings pop-up box will appear when you click the Settings icon on the toolbar, which displays the toggle for Spacial View and allows you to change it. By clicking the Settings icon again, you will be able to close the pop-up box.
- Spatial View: You are able to turn on or off the spatial view from the Expo Settings by clicking the Spatial View toggle. By switching to non-spatial view, you will be able to get a different experience than the default spatial view.
- You will not be able to see your own avatar in the non-spatial view, along with the avatars of other participants. A range of experience is available as well, such as joining a booth, joining a session, and so on, just like the spatial view. For those who are accessibly challenged and do not have a mouse, this experience is best suited to those who use a laptop.
- On the Expo floor toolbar, only the Spatial View toggle is available in the non-spatial view for the non-spatial view. The non-spatial booth toolbar in the spatial view will look exactly the same as the spatial booth toolbar in the non-spatial view when you are in a booth.
You will be able to see a pop-up box when you click Near Me. It is possible to locate booths and other participants near you using the pop-up box that appears when your avatar is within a certain distance of them.
- Booths provide you with a list of booths that are closest to your location on the map.
- You can view the profile of an attendee by clicking on the name of that attendee in the list under Attendees. You can request a 1:1 chat session by clicking the Chat button on the bottom of the page, provided they are open to networking with you.
By clicking the Near Me icon again, you will be able to close the right panel.
If you would like to see a map of the entire Expo floor, you can click Map to open it up.You can hover over booths to see the different Spaces as well as the ability to enter the booth.
- Click on the Map button in the Expo floor toolbar.
You will be able to see a map of the entire Expo floor when the map is expanded.
- The different booth spaces can be viewed by hovering over the booths.
- You are able to enter a booth that you are interested in joining by hovering over the booth and clicking Enter Booth.
There will be a booth in which your avatar will appear.
Zoom in/Zoom out
You can enlarge a specific area of the Expo floor by clicking the zoom in button. It is possible to reduce the size of the Expo floor by clicking on the zoom out button at the top of the screen.
Expo Booth toolbar
There is a toolbar on the bottom left corner of the screen that allows you to view and utilize the following options when you are at an Expo booth:
- Spatial View
- Near Me
- Leave Booth
How to use expo chat
Understand the chat panel’s navigation view
Attendees will be able to see chat notifications in the Chat panel’s navigation view. A private chat will have a numbered notification (i.e. 1:1) while a public chat will have a general notification (i.e. expo chats).
It is also possible to view the number of event participants in chat by viewing the list of all attendees when you are in chat. There will be a total number of participants displayed after 1,000 users join the lobby chat, such as 1,000+, 2,000+, etc., once 1,000 users have joined the lobby chat.
There is always a back navigation arrow visible when you are in the chat window; by clicking on it, you will be taken to the navigation view from the chat window. There are a number of navigation views available, including:
- Main Lobby Chat channel: Clicking this will take you to the main chat room in the lobby.
- Connections: Clicking this will take you to an event list where you will be able to see your connections and any pending connections requests that have been made through this event.
- Chats: During this event, you will be able to have 1:1 chats with all other attendees. Using the dropdown menu on the right side of the screen, you will be able to expand or minimize your 1:1 chats. If you click on a chat channel, you will enter the chat room for that particular chat channel when you click on it.
- Sessions: Each chat channel for a session that you are registered for will be titled after the name of that session; you will find a chat channel for each session when you log in. To expand or minimize your sessions’ chats, you can click the Sessions dropdown menu on the left. You will be able to enter the specific chat channel you clicked when you click on a chat.
- Sponsors & Exhibitors: As a result, you will be able to interact with each booth or sponsor from each chat window. To expand or minimize the chats with your sponsors and exhibitors, you can click on the Sponsors & Exhibitors dropdown menu. As soon as you click on a chat channel, you will be brought to that particular chat room.
Use expo chat
- Select the chat you would like to participate in from the Chat panel and click on it.
- Chat messages can be viewed, entered, and replied to in the chat channel.
Your message will appear on the screens of all other attendees of the event. They will be able to respond to your message and react to it.
- If you hover your mouse over a chat message, and then click the reaction button under the message, you will be able to send a reply to the chat messages sent by other participants.
- For a quick way to return to the navigation view of the Chat panel, click on the back arrow in the upper left corner of the chat view.
- Please click the file upload button (in a private chat) and then select the file you would like to upload from your computer.
Note: It is only possible for attendees to upload files to private chats.
- There are only a limited number of URLs which can be sent and files which can be uploaded in private chats.
- As hosts and moderators you will have the option of uploading files and sending URLs during your public chats.
Additional chat list actions
- You can select a contact by hovering your mouse over it.
- Please click on the ellipses.
- Choose the action you wish to take from the following list:
- Open Chat: This will open up a chat window where you can start a conversation.
- Block Attendee: The friend you are blocking will no longer be able to send you any chat messages and he or she will be removed from your chat list (and you will also be removed from their chat list). By blocking this person you will no longer be able to receive any chat messages from them.
- There is no way to unblock a user once they have been blocked.
- There will not be any Chat button available for blocked attendees to send you any new chat requests if they click your virtual name tag.
Report a contact
- Hover your mouse over the name of the person you are talking to in a chat conversation.
- Click the ellipses when you hover over them.
- To report a user, click the button below.
How to navigate a paused or resumed expo
The event organizer and co-editors who have been granted permission to run an expo during a conference can take a break or resume it at any time. As a result of pausing expo, the expo floor will be closed and attendees will be escorted back to the lobby once the expo has been paused. As soon as the expo is resumed, the expo floor will be able to be opened again (within the operational hours of the expo).
When expo is paused
Whenever the expo is paused, a pop-up notification will appear warning you that the expo will be closing soon.
- In order to remain on the floor of the expo until the expo is paused, click OK.
- You can return to the event’s lobby by clicking the Return to Lobby button.
You will receive another pop-up notification if you remain on the expo floor after the expo floor closes due to the closure of the event. Upon exiting the expo floor, you will need to go to the lobby and click the Return to Lobby button.
When expo resumes
In the event that the expo resumes, all participants will be able to return to the expo floor once the floor has been reopened (during the expo’s operating hours). In order to find out when the expo will resume, attendees will need to keep checking the lobby’s Expo tab.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I attend a Zoom event?
- Open the confirmation email for Zoom Events.
- View the ticket by clicking View Ticket. …
- Select the event you would like to attend.
- Join by clicking here.
Do you have to have a Zoom account to join an event?
How many can attend a Zoom meeting?
How do I attend a Zoom webinar?
- Sign in to Zoom on your desktop or mobile device. …
- Tap or click Join.
- Click Join Meeting or tap Join Meeting and enter the webinar ID.
- In the event that you are prompted to enter your name and e-mail address, click or tap the Join Webinar button.