It is essential to assign the license you purchase from Zoom Sales, or you can do it from the Billing page, to a specific user once the license is purchased. Only one license can be assigned at a time to any particular user at any given time. If a user is assigned multiple licenses, such as one of Webinar and another of Large Meeting, they will not compound or stack when multiple licenses of the same type are assigned to the user.
Prerequisites for assigning a license
- Access to the Zoom account must be granted by the owner or the administrator
- for the licenses that are not assigned
A user will need to be licensed for Zoom Events, Large Meetings, and Webinars before they are able to use these features.
How to assign a License
All Zoom Events licenses include all features and functionality associated with a Zoom Webinar license. If you add a Zoom Events license to a user who previously was assigned a Zoom Webinar license, this will result in that user’s previously assigned Webinar license being revoked.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- You will then be taken to User Management and then Users.
- Select the user to whom you would like to assign a license and then search or locate that user.
- After finding that user, click the Edit button next to their name. The Edit window will now open.
- You will be able to select a user type from the dropdown list.
- Once you have selected the user type, you can select the license type from the dropdown list.
- Check the boxes next to the add-ons you would like to assign as add-ons (optional). The radio button for the license size of a Large Meetings, Webinar, or Zoom Events license should be selected if it is not automatically selected, if it is not already selected.
- Next click the Save button.
As soon as the user clicks the Save button, the license is applied and the user can immediately begin using it.