There are limited meeting controls available on the Zoom app for cars that support Apple Carplay technology. There are several features that you can use with Zoom including calling one of your contacts, accepting Zoom meeting invitations, and muting while on a call.
The following topics are covered in this article:
- How to call a Zoom contact
- How to accept an Incoming Zoom call
Prerequisites for using Zoom meeting controls with CarPlay
- A car that is compatible with CarPlay
- A cell phone:
- You must have the Zoom mobile application for iOS – version 4.1.23139.0402 or later to use it.
How to use the Zoom meeting controls with CarPlay
How to call a Zoom contact
- When you are using CarPlay, tap the Zoom icon.
- In order to use Zoom, you will be asked to tell Siri the name of the Zoom contact you wish to contact. After you have stated the name of the person you would like to call, on the CarPlay interface, you can click the name of the person you would like to call after stating their name.
- Your contact will be contacted by Zoom. If you have integrated calling enabled in the Zoom apps Settings under Meetings, Zoom will display the call time and meeting controls on your CarPlay screen as soon as they answer the call.
How to accept an Incoming Zoom call
- The option to accept the call will appear on your CarPlay interface when you receive a call from a contact that uses Zoom while your phone is connected to CarPlay.
- On your CarPlay interface, once you have accepted the call, you will be able to see the time of the call and control the meeting once you have accepted it.