The provisioning of Yealink VP59 Video IP Phones is currently affected by a known issue. It is recommended that customers do not provision this model until June when a fix will be implemented. To prevent this issue, add a rule to prevent firmware updates.
Zoom Phone desk phones can be provisioned using this article. Several articles are linked to provide more information on the provisioning process.
To provision desk phones, follow these steps:
- Desk phones that are supported
- Zoom web portal: adding desk phones
- Procurement process: how to get started
- Provisioning with zero touch
- Provisioning with assistance
- What you need to know about customizing provisioned phones
- Troubleshooting provisioning issues
- Provisioning URLs with zero-touch
- Provisioning URLs with assistance
(1) How to find supported desk phones
Zero touch provisioning must be supported by your phone.
(2) How to add desk phones to the Zoom Web portal
To get started, add your phone to Zoom’s web portal after you have a supported desk phone.
Before turning on a new phone for the first time or resetting a previously-used phone, make sure it’s added to the Zoom web portal. On the label on the back or bottom of your phone, you can find the model name and MAC address.
(3) How to start the provisioning process
A message will be displayed on the ATA’s profile window when configuring it for the first time. This message will inform you that there will not be an on-line status displayed on the ATA until it has been assigned at least one extension.
In order to provision your phone, you will need to follow one of the following methods:
In some cases, if your phone is compatible with Zero-Touch Provisioning, you will be able to do the provisioning automatically from the web interface, without having to adjust anything.
- Performing a factory reset on an old phone is the only way to trigger provisioning on that phone. If you follow the instructions below, you will be able to reset Polycom and Yealink devices to factory default settings.
- New phones will be able to trigger zero-touch provisioning from the get-go, out of the box.
- It will take several reboots for your phone to complete the provisioning process. When provisioning is complete, the phones will automatically update to the latest version of firmware as soon as provisioning is complete.
- A Poly or Yealink device is generally configured to do the new provisioning without having to restart the device, which is the default configuration. The device may have to be restarted depending on the settings that have been changed.
- Refer to the Poly or Yealink support site if you would like to see the firewall rules for zero touch provisioning.
If your phone does not support zero touch provisioning, you must:
- The phone needs to be reset to factory defaults and its firmware updated. If you are using Poly or Yealink, follow the instructions.
- The web interface of the phone can be accessed and provisioning configured. Polycom or Yealink assisted provisioning instructions can be found here.
As soon as the provisioning process has been completed, Poly and Yealink phones will automatically download the latest firmware versions. In Poly and Yealink devices, provisioning is automatically completed without restarting. It may be necessary to restart the device depending on the changes made to the settings.
Read it also –
How to customize provisioned phones
Here are some methods for customizing your phone after provisioning:
Admin or user
- Changing the settings on the desk phone
- Line keys can be customized
- Setting up a desk phone at the account level
- Template configuration
How to troubleshoot provisioning issues
Try these troubleshooting suggestions if you’re having trouble setting up a desk phone:
- Please refer to the Poly or Yealink support site for firewall rules regarding zero touch provisioning.
- Check to see if Zoom Phone supports your desk phone. Zoom Phone does not work with some older Polycom models.
- To reset the device back to factory default, follow the instructions again (see the article for Poly or Yealink) to install the latest firmware so that it can be reset back to factory default settings. It is possible that provisioning will not be completed on your phone if you have outdated firmware.
- Whenever a device loses connection to a ZTP server, it is possible for the device to be re-synchronized with the server.
- If you are trying to complete the provisioning process, please make sure that there is no other provisioning server communicating with the phone at the time.
- The URL of assisted provisioning needs to be copied and entered correctly if you are using assisted provisioning.
- Make sure the Polycom device you are trying to provision is not an end-of-sale model if you are having issues provisioning it. Zoom Phone is not supported on these models.
- Our assisted provisioning guide can provide you with an overview of how to provision a Polycom SoundStation IP 6000 if you are having issues.
- Please contact Zoom support if you are still experiencing problems. If you have a desk phone, you may be asked to export the logs from it. For more information on Poly and Yealink, please see the article.
Zero-Touch Provisioning URLs
The following URLs are used by most certified devices based on their manufacturer:
Note: ATAs and DECT phones from the Poly OBi series are not capable of supporting single ZTP URLs.
Assisted Provisioning URLs
This list of assisted provisioning URLs will help you find the URL you need.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you Zoom with a desk Phone?
What is Zoom phone hot desking?
What methods can you use to setup new users on Zoom Phone?
- To access the Zoom website, you must first sign in to it.
- In the left hand navigation menu, click on User Management, then select Users from the drop-down menu.
- Add users to your account by clicking on the Add Users button.
- Please follow the steps below to add a new user to the system.
- The Zoom Phone feature can be found under the Feature section.
- Click on the Add button to create a Zoom Phone user who has a license for the Zoom Phone app.
How do I provision my Polycom Phone?