Zoom Room clients can be paired with Zoom Rooms so you can easily start a meeting by launching the Zoom desktop client. As people are more inclined to avoid sharing touch surfaces when returning to their offices, and Zoom Room controllers are not always in the most convenient locations, the Zoom desktop client allows them to pair with Zoom Rooms in order to allow them to initiate a meeting from the Zoom desktop client.
Also, the Zoom mobile app can also connect with a Zoom Room nearby to allow you to start or join Zoom meetings directly from your mobile device, and you can even control the Zoom Room directly from your device.
- Before the Zoom desktop application can be used to pass a meeting to a paired Zoom Room, the Zoom desktop application must first be paired with the Zoom Room. If the meeting is already running or has already been joined, pairing is not possible.
- In order to pair with a Zoom Room, you must be signed into the desktop client as the same account as the user who is signed into the Zoom Room.
Prerequisites for pairing a Zoom Room with the Zoom desktop client
- Account owner or admin privileges to edit account settings
- Zoom mobile app
- Windows version 5.7.0 or higher
- macOS version 5.7.0 or higher
- Zoom Rooms
- Windows version 5.6.7 or higher
- macOS version 5.6.7 or higher
How to enable pairing on the account
The following steps should be followed for all users in the account to be able to pair with a Zoom Room on the desktop client:
- If you are a Zoom administrator with the privilege of editing account settings, you will need to login to the Zoom web portal.
- You will find the Account Management section under the Account Setting section in the navigation menu.
- Select the Meetings tab on the left side of the screen.
- To enable Zoom client’s “Pair with Room” feature, you need to toggle the Show “Pair with Room” feature on the More Settings tab.
- Once you confirm the change, you will see a confirmation dialog which needs to be clicked.
- (Optional) If you would like to make this setting mandatory for all users in your account, then you need to click on the Lock icon and then finalize this setting by clicking Lock.
How to enable pairing on the Zoom desktop client
- You will need to sign in to the Zoom desktop client in order to use it.
- After clicking your profile picture, you will be taken to the Zoom settings page.
- Select the check box next to the feature Show “Pair with Room” on the navigation bar at the top of the screen under the General tab.
It is important to realize that if an option is grayed out, it means the account administrator has disabled it.
How to pair with the Zoom Room
- Sign in to your Zoom account by opening the Zoom desktop client and launching it.
- Find and click the Zoom Room pairing button in the top-right corner of your profile picture next to your profile photo.
Upon connecting to a Zoom Room, the desktop client attempts to pair with the nearest Zoom Rooms, or available Personal Zoom Rooms. The client will receive a notification after a successful pairing informing them of which Zoom Room they have been assigned to.
You can manually pair with a Zoom Room if automatic pairing fails or if you wish to pair with another Zoom Room nearby.
- You will be asked to click on the Zoom Room pairing button again, and then you can choose another Zoom Room that has been detected or click Pair with Another Room Manually.
- Input the Sharing Key that appears on the Zoom Room screen, and click the Pair button.
Once a pairing is successful, the client will receive a notification informing them of the Zoom Room that they have been paired with.
How to start or join meetings from the Zoom Room
As of now, if a Zoom Room is nearby, you can start your meeting from the Zoom Room by launching the Zoom desktop client.
- You can either start a meeting or join an existing one. There will be a prompt asking you whether you would like to join the meeting from the room or from your computer.
- By selecting Join from the Zoom Room, the Zoom Room paired with your computer will join the meeting.
It is also possible that your desktop client will stay connected to the meeting but the audio and video will be turned off.
How to unpair from the Zoom Room
If you want to unpair your desktop client from the Zoom Room, you can click Unpair at any time in the Zoom desktop client by clicking the Zoom Room pairing icon in the top-right corner. When the meeting ends or someone presses the “Leave” button on the Zoom Room controller tablet, the Zoom Room will remain connected to the meeting