You can now receive Zoom chat notifications when a card changes in a channel in Zoom using Zoom’s Trello chat integration. You can also receive Chrome notifications when a card changes in Zoom. Zoom chat also gives you the option of creating or commenting on cards by using a slash command.
- You will need a Zoom account to do this
- An account on Trello is required
- The Trello chatbot has been pre-approved for inclusion in the Zoom Marketplace
Note: Please contact your Zoom administrator if your app has not yet been pre-approved.
How to install and configure
How to install from the Zoom Marketplace
- To access the Zoom Marketplace, you will need to log in to your Zoom account and navigate to it.
- Then, search for Trello in the app store and click on it.
Note: Please contact your Zoom admin if the app has not been pre-approved for your account, and you would like this app to be approved.
- If the app requires you to grant certain permissions, click Add, confirm those and click Allow.
- There are a few steps that will need to be completed by an admin on your Trello account before you can proceed.
Note: The Trello chatbot will be automatically installed for you within the client of your Trello account if your admin has installed the chatbot.
The app can be found under the APPS section of the Zoom Chat tab in the left-hand panel of your screen after it has been installed.
How to configure and authorize the Trello chatbot
- You will then need to navigate to your desired Zoom Chat channel after installing the Trello chatbot from the Zoom App Marketplace.
- You can send the message by typing /tr connect and sending it.
- Your Trello account will be connected to your email address via a direct message that you will receive. To connect your Trello account, click the Connect Trello Account button.
- Connect to Trello and select Allow into the Permissions box to confirm that you are happy with the app using the permissions it asks for.
- You will now be able to use the Trello chatbot for your account.
How to use the Trello chatbot
Here are some chat commands that you can use:
- Help: For a list of all the slash commands that can be used with the Trello chatbot, type /tr help.
- Link board:To link your board to this channel, you will need to type /tr link [boardURL] in the command line.
- Default list:By typing /tr set-list, you will be able to select the default board that commands will be applied to in this channel.
- Card/Board details: You can display the details of the card or board by typing /tr [boardOrCardURL].
- Search: If you want to search for cards that match your search terms, you can type /tr search [searchContent] into the search field.
- Add card: You can add a card to the channels default board by typing /tr add [cardName].
- Comment: If you wish to leave a comment on the last card in the channel, type /tr comment [commentContent].
- Unlink channel: You can unlink a Trello channel by using the command /tr unlink to remove it from the board.
- Disconnect account: To disconnect and deauthorize your Trello account linked to your Trello account, type /tr disconnect
How to uninstall the Trello Chatbot
- You can access the Zoom Marketplace by logging into your Zoom account and navigating to the Marketplace page.
- If you are looking for Trello, search for it and click on it.
- Next to Trello, click the Remove button.
- Click on the Remove button after you have confirmed the dialogue box.
- The Zoom app has access to the following information on Zoom:
- You can view all the information of a Zoom user under your Zoom account by clicking on the Zoom user’s name
- There are the following permissions that this chat app has on Zoom:
- An IM channel or Zoom user under the Zoom account can be sent a chat message through this chat app by choosing the IM channel or Zoom user.
- The communication between this chat app and Zoom/Trello is encrypted through the following method:
- Protocol: TLS 1.2
- Cipher suite: ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256
- Key length: 128 bits
- Perfect Forward secrecy: YES
- The access credentials for this chat app are stored in the local data store of the chat app