If you want to integrate your existing SMS provider with Zoom Phone, you can do so.
The onus of sending future SMS inquiries to the relevant third party will be on you when you opt out of Zoom’s hosted SMS service. Zoom SMS will no longer be able to assist you with SMS troubleshooting if you opt out of the Zoom SMS service after you opt out of the service.
Prerequisites for opting out of Zoom Phone SMS
- Ownership or administrative privileges on an account
- That is licensed to use Zoom Phone
How to opt out of Zoom Phone SMS
- The following information should be sent to email@example.com;
- Subject line:
- Switch to a third-party SMS provider
- If you want to enable any phone numbers
- Associated with your SMS provider’s NNID (Net Number ID). If you do not have this, you will need to contact Zoom before opening a ticket.
- Have signed a Letter of Authorization (LOA) with your new SMS provider (contact your provider for a copy)
- Be sure to include the following text:
(Insert your name) hereby authorizes the SMS to be released to the service provider of my choosing and to be disabled from our Zoom Phone account.
- The team member will confirm receipt as soon as the email is sent, and will let you know once the porting work is complete.