Using a post-meeting survey and reporting
It is up to you as the host, if you want your participants to receive a survey after the meeting concludes. In order to simplify the feedback collection process, you can download the results of the survey as a report afterward. You can create a meeting poll if you want to collect input from participants during the meeting.
The Zoom meeting survey feature is not the only way you can survey participants in Zoom meetings; you can redirect them to other survey services, such as Google Forms or Survey Monkey, if you prefer.
Prerequisites for post-meeting survey and reporting
- It is possible to enable the feature of meeting surveys
- for licensed users
- for meetings that are scheduled with or without registration, using an automatic identification number generated by the system
How to add a survey
Creating a survey that participants will be asked to complete at the conclusion of the meeting:
- Sign up for a Zoom account by visiting the Zoom website.
- Then click the Meetings tab.
- To add a survey to an existing meeting, click the name of the meeting or click the Schedule a Meeting button to schedule a meeting for the first time.
- Whether you are scheduling an entire meeting with registration or without registration, you must configure the meeting’s settings first, and then when you have completed the configuration click on Schedule. In order to avoid using your personal meeting ID (PMI) as the meeting ID, please generate an automatic meeting ID.
- Please scroll down the page and click the Survey tab at the bottom of the page.
- A new survey will be created for you.
Types of questions
Different question formats can be used for getting feedback on what is important to you based on your responses.
After clicking the + Create new survey button, you will be given the option to select the question format you want:
- In order to edit a question box, select it and click the edit button.
- If you wish to select a single choice question format, you can do so by using the drop-down menu:
- There is only one choice
- for multiple choices
- when it comes to the rating scale
- there is a long answer
You may want to use a single-choice format if you wish the participant to provide a single choice in response.
- You can enter your question by clicking Untitled Question.
- You can then click on the first answer by clicking Choice 1. The second answer can be entered if necessary by clicking Choice 2.
To enter a new answer, select Choice 3, then click the + Add choice button. Repeat this until you have entered every possible answer.
- There are also additional customization options you can choose from:
- Choose the Show as dropdown checkbox to display the options from a drop-down menu after selecting the Show as dropdown check box.
- Deleting a choice: The option to delete a choice can be accessed by clicking on the no delete icon to the right of the choice.
- Rearrange choice: Select the 6 dots to the right of the choice, holding down the click and dragging with your mouse to where you want it to be.
- Required question: If your response to a particular question must be given in order for you to proceed, select the Required option.
- Duplicating or deleting the question: Click the More (…) icon and choose the option that you want.
- Rearrange question: By clicking and holding the six dots at the top of the question box, you can move them into a new position by dragging and dropping them. You can only see this if there is more than one question.
- If there is another question, you can add it by clicking + Add Question.
If you want the participants to choose one or more options from the given options, you can use the multiple-choice format.
- Enter your question by clicking on Untitled Question.
- You can begin by filling in the first answer by clicking on Choice 1. If you need to fill in the second answer, click the second choice.
Please continue by clicking + Add choice, followed by clicking Choice 3 for a new choice; repeat as many times as you wish to add.
- There is also the option of adding the following customization features:
- If the dropdown should be shown as a dropdown menu, then select the Show as dropdown checkbox to make In order to delete a choice you will need to click the delete icon located on the right side of the choice you want to delete.right of the choice you want to delete.
- You are able to reorder a choice by clicking and holding the six dots right next to it, dragging it to its new position and dropping it.
- Required question: To proceed, you have to check the box beside Required if the answer needs to be provided before proceeding.
- If you wish to duplicate or delete the question, click the More (…) icon and then choose the option you want.
- You can reorder questions by clicking and holding the 6 dots at the top of the question box, moving it to the new location, and then dropping it. You can only see this if there are more than one question.
- Adding another question can be done by clicking + Add Question at the bottom.
If you want a participant to respond with a value between a set of possible values, then use the rating-scale format.
- You can enter your question by clicking on Untitled Question.
- You can either enter a number in the Scoring from box or click the arrows to select the number that should be the starting point for the range.
- The To field on the left side can be filled with any number or you can click the arrows to select a number at which the range should end.
- Alternatively, you can also opt to add one or more of the following customization options:
- To specify the lowest value, enter it in the field below the Low score label.
- Similarly, you should enter what the highest score represents in the field beneath the High score label.
- If the question must be answered before you can continue, then please choose the Required check box.
- You can duplicate the question or delete it by clicking the More (…) icon.
- You can also add another question by clicking + Add Question.
- To select the question in a new location and to drop it into that location, you can click and hold the six dots at the top of the question box. These dots will only appear when there are more than one question in the field.
If you would like the participant to write their response to the question, please use the long answer format.
- You can enter your question by clicking Untitled Question.
- Please enter a number or click the arrows next to the Min Character field to select the number of characters that must appear in the answer.
- You can enter a number in the Max Character box, or you can use the arrows to select how many characters should be allowed for the answer.
- If you need to answer the question in order to proceed with the next step, select the Required check box.
- To duplicate or delete an existing question, click the More (…) icon.
- If you want to add another question (optional), click + Add Question.
- In order to move the question to its new location, click and hold the 6 dots at the top of the question box and then drop it there. You can only see this option if a question has multiple answers.
How to use survey options
It is possible to control how the survey will be delivered to the participants at the end of the meeting:
- Please sign into the Zoom website using your e-mail address and password.
- Click on ‘Meetings’ in the top right corner.
- Then you will have to choose the meeting that you would like to edit the survey settings for.
- On the next page, you will find a tab entitled Survey. ” Click on that tab to see the options you have available.
- After clicking Edit, you are then presented with a list of choices.
- When the meeting ends, it will show up in the browser.
- Simply click on the Save button.
On the right side of the page, there is a Preview button that will show the survey as it will appear to participants.
How to delete a survey
- Join Zoom’s web portal by logging in to your account.
- Go to the Meetings section.
- You need to click the meeting name that you want to edit the settings for in order to make the changes.
- Once you have clicked the meeting name, you will be able to make the changes.
- On the right hand side of the page, click the Delete button, then confirm the deletion by clicking the Delete button.
How to use a 3rd-party survey
- Join the Zoom web portal by signing in with your email address and password.
- On the Meetings page, click the “Sign Up” button.
- You will then need to choose which meeting you would like to edit the settings for.
- Click the survey tab at the bottom of the page to access the settings for the meeting.
- You will be given the option of using a third party survey.
- To use that survey, you will need to input the link.
- You will then be asked to save the survey.
Using the link, you can redirect the participant to the following page in the same way that you would use a post-attendee URL:
- An example of a working prototype can be seen in the video below
- on the website of your company
- by clicking on “Prototype”
How to download a report on your survey
Note: Viewing and downloading usage reports requires either an administrator or account owner privileges, or you must have access to usage reports for this to be possible.
- If you are a Zoom customer with privileges to access usage reports, you can sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Select Account Management on the left, then Select Reports from the left navigation panel.
- On the Usage Reports page, click the Usage Reports link.
- Select Meeting from the drop-down menu.
- Then select Survey Report from the Report Type drop-down menu.
- You can then narrow your search by selecting one of the following criteria:
- Search dates can be filtered by:
- Entering the ID of the meeting that you are seeking
- To produce a report for a specific meeting, you will have to select the check box to the left of the meeting.
- Once you have done this, click the Generate button.
- You will then be able to download the files.