If the Zoom room and the organization are distributed in various places, the account owner can create a hierarchical structure and manage Zoom room more effectively. Depending on the needs of your organization, you can specify the location of Zoom rooms, including countries, cities, campuses, buildings, and floors. Account owners or Zoom room administrators can manage the settings of one Zoom room, all Zoom rooms in the organization, or anything in between.
Create a hierarchical structure
Account owners can design hierarchies to define the location of all Zoom rooms. Account owners or designated Zoom room administrators can also configure different settings at each level of this hierarchy.
|Top level hierarchy||Account owner defines default settings available for all Zoom rooms|
|Middle level hierarchy||Account owners or Zoom room administrators can define any or all of these levels to be included in the hierarchy, depending on the needs of the organization. Use these intermediate levels to configure settings common to groups of Zoom rooms.Examples of use are: country, city, campus, buildings, and floors.|
|Lowest hierarchy||Account owners, Zoom room administrators, or room owners can configure each Zoom room using the settings specific to that room.Also, rooms can inherit characteristics from higher levels in the hierarchy.Individual Zoom rooms.|
About inheritance of settings
The lower hierarchy inherits the account settings of the higher hierarchy.
By setting the hierarchy, you can make the same setting in the Zoom room grouped by area or building. For example, this setting is useful when you want to set an administrator or support email for each group.
Create Zoom Room Hierarchy
Only the account owner can create the initial hierarchy. Once the hierarchy is established, the Zoom room manager can change it. Create a hierarchy of Zoom rooms:
- Log in to your Zoom account as an account owner.
- Click [ ZoomRooms ].
- Click the Add Locations button at the top left of the page . This will open the Add Locations dialog.
Select the required location for your organization. In this example, the mycompany.com organization has only one campus, and you only need to activate the buildings and floors. When you select a location in the left pane, a preview of the structure appears in the right pane.
- When the structure looks correct , click the Update button. [ Zoom Rooms to the tab, the new [ location directory and re-pane, [ device ], [ room ], [ floor ], and [ building you will see a series of tabs of]. One building and one floor will be added automatically. You can rename these structures to add new structures in the hierarchy.
Click on the name of the building (in this example, Building 1).
- Click [ Edit ].
- When the Edit Building dialog appears, change the name of the building and any other changes needed for all rooms in this building.
- Click the Save Changes button, then exit by clicking the X in the upper-right corner of the page .
- Repeat steps 6-9 to continue adding and changing structures to each location in the hierarchy.
As a reminder to add a structure, click on the tab of the structure type (in this case, Buildings) and then on the Add Building button (or the Add button for other types of structures).
Zoom Rooms software audio processing
[Administrator] Count the participants of Zoom Rooms
Zoom Room schedule display
Zoom Rooms Kiosk Settings
How to use Zoom Rooms camera control