Desktop Power Users is designed to meet the needs of users who manage many calls that need to be transferred quickly; these users might include receptionists, executive assistants, and help desk agents, for example. There is a new experience in place with the new feature that allows you to customize widgets to maintain a panel that is always on top so that you can easily view the phone user’s call queues, their shared lines (call delegation), and their shared line groups. Furthermore, users of the phone can also access quickly the dialer, their voicemail and their history. On the Zoom desktop client, you can also access a new Contacts window that allows you to quickly locate your contacts and transfer calls with just a few clicks, which is optimized to help users find their contacts quickly. If you would like more information on these features, please see the user guide for Desktop Power User experience.
Prerequisites for using Desktop Power User
- Privileges on an account or as an administrator
It is important that phone users have the following requirements in order to be able to experience the Desktop Power User experience:
- A Zoom Phone license (which includes all the features that are included in Zoom Phone Pro licenses)
- Power Pack for Zoom Phone is an add-on that can be purchased separately
How to prepare for setup
Call queues, shared lines, and shared line groups can all be configured as widgets in the Desktop Power User panel. For more information on setting up and assigning phone users as members of Desktop Power Users, please see the following articles:
- Queues for calls
- Appearance of a shared line (delegation of calls)
- Groups of shared lines
How to enable and set up the Desktop Power User experience
Desktop Power Users need to be enabled by Zoom Phone admins individually on a per-user basis in order to work. It is possible for the user or the administrator to customize the widgets once Desktop Power User has been enabled for that user.
- To access Zoom’s web portal, you will need to sign in.
- Select Phone System Management from the navigation menu, and then select Users & Rooms from the User & Rooms section.
- Select the phone user‘s name from the drop-down menu.
- You will find the User Settings tab on the left side of the screen.
- Click View or Edit in the Desktop Power User section of the application, once you have made sure that the toggle is enabled.
- The Desktop Power User window has the option to set the widget for a particular position. After selecting the position from the drop-down menu, select the widget you wish to set from the list:
- Queues for calls
- Appearances on Shared Lines
- Groups of shared lines
- Call Pickup for a Group
- From the drop-down menu of the extension, select the extension corresponding to the selected extension.
- As needed, repeat steps 6 and 7 in order to complete the process.
- To move each row up or down in the order, either drag and drop a row or use the arrow buttons to select the row you want to move.
- Once you have made your changes, click on Save.
Read it also –
|Using The Desktop Power User Experience Power Pack In Zoom App|
|Call Queue Historical Dashboard Power Pack In Zoom App|
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get rid of Zoom desktop widget?
There is no way to remove the widget from all flows since it is added by default. To access the Zoom website, you will need to sign in. The first thing you need to do is to click Contact Center Management and then Flows in the navigation menu. To edit the display name of a flow, click the button next to its name.
What is Zoom Phone Basic?
In order to make calls as quickly as possible using VoIP technology, a cloud-based application called Zoom Phone is available, which can be used if you want to make a quick call whenever you want to use VoIP technology to make a quick call. It is important to note that this platform does not support video calls, unlike the Zoom experience that you are used to.
Can Zoom phone calls be recorded?
It is possible to automatically record Zoom Phone calls through the Zoom Phone app. The option to customize an audio prompt that will inform the parties that the call is going to be recorded can be used to notify them that the call will be recorded. Allow members of the queue to record calls ad-hoc through the use of in-call controls for queue calls: Provide members of a queue with the ability to record calls ad-hoc.
What is the Zoom phone Power Pack?
This Zoom Phone Power Pack gives Zoom Phone users that have a consistent volume of calls a means of analyzing their call queue in an improved way and streamlining their call handling. The support articles you can find on the website can assist you in setting up features such as the Desktop Power User experience, SMS for call queues, and an automated receptionist system if you wish.
How do I turn off Zoom assistant?
You can disable the “Zoom assistant” feature from the Zoom client by going to Settings > General > Zoom Assistant or by going to Personal > Settings > Meeting > Other > Zoom Assistant on the Zoom web portal. The “Meetings” feature can also be disabled in the Zoom client.