In a Zoom Room, you can set up a Virtual Background so that you can view a photo, video, or other image as your background while in a meeting. For Zoom to detect the difference between you and your background, it requires the use of a green screen in order to be able to detect your face.
This article covers:
- How to enable Virtual Background for Zoom Rooms
- How to enable Virtual Background for Zoom Rooms during a meeting
Prerequisites for using Virtual Background in a Zoom Room
- Windows: 4.6.0 (1193.1215) or higher
- MacOS: 4.6.0 (1696.1216) or higher
- Physical green screens
- Here are some recommendations for setup and background images/videos
How to enable Virtual Background for Zoom Rooms
For Zoom Rooms to have a Virtual Background, follow these steps:
- You will need to log in as an administrator to the Zoom web portal.
- Click on Room Management in the navigation menu, and then click Zoom Rooms in the Zoom Rooms section.
- Please click on Account Settings to access your account settings.
- Click on the Account Profile tab on the left side of the page.
- You can enable or disable Virtual Background with Greenscreen under Setup.
- Verify the change by clicking Enable or Disable if a verification dialog appears.
- By clicking the lock icon and then clicking Lock, you can prevent all users in your account from changing the setting.
- The default library can be expanded by clicking Upload Background.
You will be prompted to add content.
- From your computer, select the files you wish to upload.
Images or videos can also be dragged and dropped into the pop-up window.
- Add items by clicking the Add button.
Location hierarchy can be used if you only want certain Zoom Rooms to have this feature.
Enabling Virtual Background for Zoom Rooms during a meeting
It is possible to turn on Virtual Background during a meeting if you have already enabled it in the web portal.
- On the Zoom Room controller, you will find a settings gear icon that you can tap while in a meeting.
- You can select either the Virtual Background or the background you wish to use and then tap on it.
If you wish to make changes to this setting, you may need to enter the Zoom Room Passcode in order to do so.
- If you want the virtual background to be automatically adjusted, you can tap the Recalibrate button (optional).