Learn how to see how computer audio works before you join a Zoom meeting.
Devices required for confirmation
built-in microphone, USB microphone, or headphones in-line microphone, etc.
- Speakers or headphones
Action confirmation method
. Windows . Mac
Test before the meeting
- Log in to the Zoom client.
- Click [ Gear mark (setting) ].
- Click the Audio tab.
Test the speaker
- Click Test Speaker to play the sound.
- If you don’t hear any sound,
• Select another speaker from the pull-down next to the test button, or
• Adjust the output volume .The speakers displayed in this pull-down display are the speakers connected to the computer.
Test the microphone
- In the microphone section, [ test of the microphone to test the microphone by clicking].
- You can see the green input level bar move as Zoom picks up the audio sound.
- The audio will start recording. Click Record when you‘re done talking.
The recorded audio will be played. Select another microphone from the menu or adjust the input level.
- To have Zoom automatically adjust the input volume, check [Automatically adjust volume ].
When attending a meeting
When you join a meeting, you will be prompted if you did not select the Automatically join audio on the computer option.
- To test your speakers and microphone, click Test Computer Audio.
- Click this to open the audio settings.
See ” Testing the Speaker ” and ” Testing the Microphone ” above.
Participating in a meeting
You can access your audio settings and test your audio while you are already in the meeting.
- Automatically adjust audio: Automatically adjusts the microphone input volume based on the sound that Zoom picks up.
- Automatically join audio on your computer when you join a meeting: Instead of specifying how to join audio each time, you automatically join computer audio.
- Always mute the microphone when attending a meeting: Always mute the microphone when attending a meeting. You can unmute it yourself later.
- Join Audio When Joining a Meeting Using Third-Party Audio: This option turns off the audio join prompt when third-party audio is enabled in the meeting. Read more about third-party audio.
- Enable Stereo: Sends stereo audio if your microphone supports it. Read more about this setting.
- Do not change the original sound from the microphone: This allows the microphone to send the original sound without applying for Zoom’s audio extensions. Read more about this setting.
- Click this to open the audio settings.
- See ” Testing the Speaker ” and ” Testing the Microphone ” above .
.iOS . Android
To participate in device audio at a meeting
- If this is your first time attending a Zoom meeting, you will be asked for permission to access the microphone.
When you attend a meeting, you will be prompted to join the audio.
- The following audio options are displayed
- Once connected, you’ll see a microphone icon at the bottom left to mute and unmute.
- If there is a need to participate in the audio in a different way, [ Details ], [ cutting of audio and disconnect the audio and tap].
Read it also –
|How To Configure Personal Audio Conference In Zoom|
|How To Test Audio Before Zoom Meetings In Zoom App|
|How To Join Meeting Audio By Phone Call Me In Zoom 2|
|How To Access Audio Conferencing Reports In Zoom App|
|How To Enable 3Rd Party Audio In Zoom App|
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I check my zoom audio settings?
- Register for a Zoom account.
- You can access your settings by clicking your profile picture.
- Choose Audio.
- Speakers and microphone settings can be found on the Audio settings page.
- Adjust the volume or select another speaker if you can’t hear the speaker tone.
How do you test zoom on equipment?
Make sure your video is working before you meet
By signing in, you can access Zoom. By clicking your profile picture, you can change your profile settings. From the tabs, select Video. You’re currently viewing the preview video from the camera you selected; if you want to switch cameras, click a different camera.
How do I test my zoom camera and audio?
- In case you do not have a Zoom account and join your meeting with computer audio, you will be asked whether you wish to test your speaker and microphone when you join the meeting with computer audio. …
- You will need to click on the button that says Test Speaker. …
- In order to ensure that your microphone is working properly, you can monitor the input levels as you speak. The microphone does not have a test button on it.
How do I change my audio settings in zoom?
- Zoom can be accessed by logging in.
- Account settings can be accessed through the navigation panel by selecting Account Management.
- Click on the Meetings tab.
- To enable Audio type, select the audio option.
- The file should be saved.
How does zoom process audio?
How do I resolve zoom audio problems?
- Mute the microphone if it is on. …
- Make sure your mobile device’s audio is connected. …
- A microphone can be used with earphones.
- The microphone on your device should be accessible to Zoom. …
- The microphone should not be used by any other applications at the same time. .
- Your mobile device needs to be restarted.
How do I turn on Zoom in audio?
- Launch the Zoom app.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Meetings.
- Turn on Original Sound by scrolling down.
- When clicking more options in a meeting, Original Sound will now be available.