This post was most recently updated on July 23rd, 2022
Inboxes can be viewed and managed by Zoom desktop clients, supervisors, and agents. Messages in the inbox can also be played, downloaded, or deleted by other contact center users.
This article covers:
- How to view voicemail inboxes
- Desktop client
- Web portal
- How to delete voicemail messages
- Desktop client
- Web portal
- Information available in the inbox list
Prerequisites for managing voicemail inboxes
- For Windows and macOS, Zoom desktop client 5.9.3 or higher
- Accounts for Professionals, Businesses, and Schools
- License for Zoom Contact Center
- Admin or owner privileges; or role/privileges relevant to the account
Note: Inboxes belonging to queues they belong to can only be viewed by supervisors and agents.
How to view voicemail inboxes
- Launch Zoom on your desktop.
- To access the Contact Center, click the tab.
- On the left side of the screen, click Inbox.
Each message will be accompanied by information.
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by signing in.
- Click Contact Center from the navigation menu.
- Select Inbox from the tabs.
Each message will be displayed with information.
How to delete voicemail messages
- Log in to Zoom on your desktop.
- Select the Contact Center tab.
- You can access your Inbox by clicking the Inbox menu on the left.
- You can delete a voicemail by clicking the ellipses (…) and then clicking Delete.
Note: You can delete multiple entries at once by checking the box next to the status column and clicking Delete.
- Confirm deletion by clicking Delete.
Note: You will permanently delete a message if you disable soft delete in the inbox’s settings. You can recover a message that was soft deleted to Recently Deleted for a specified number of days if you enabled soft deletion. A message will be permanently deleted after a specified number of days.
- To access the Zoom web portal, you will need to sign in.
- Click Contact Center from the navigation menu on the left side of the screen.
- The Inbox tab will appear once you click on it.
- To delete the voicemail, click the ellipsis icon (…), then click Delete to delete it from your computer.
Note: There is an option to delete a few entries at a time by clicking the checkbox beside the status column, followed by the Delete button at the top of the table.
- To confirm the deletion, click on the Delete button.
Note: There is a chance that the message will be permanently deleted if you disable soft deletion in the settings for the inbox. Messages that have been soft deleted will be moved to Recently Deleted in your inbox, where you can recover them for a period of time you specify. The message will be permanently deleted after the specified number of days have passed.
Information available in the inbox list
You will see the following information in the Zoom desktop client or web portal when viewing your inbox messages:
- Inbound ID: A number associated with the caller who left a message.
- Queue: Queue to which the call was routed.
- Flow: Callers are routed through the associated flow.
- Duration: In minutes and seconds (mm:ss), the duration of the voicemail message.
- Play icon: Voicemail message is being played.
- Created On: Messages are left with a date and timestamp.
- Status: A voicemail message’s current status. Normal is most often the case. Your admin will show you Recently Deleted if soft deletion has been enabled and you’re viewing recently deleted voicemails.
- Delete option is displayed by the ellipses icon (…).