This post was most recently updated on July 28th, 2022
The term ‘active engagement’ refers to an engagement in which the agent is interacting with a customer at the present moment. In addition, administrators and supervisors will have the ability to see information on active engagements such as where the engagement was routed to as well as how much time the agent has spent on the engagement so far.
The Zoom web portal can also provide you with live information regarding active engagements, in addition to monitoring the active voice call while viewing active engagements.
Prerequisites for viewing active engagements
- You will need Zoom Desktop client 5.9.3 or higher if you have a Windows or macOS computer
- There are three types of accounts: Pro, Business, and Education
- It is important to note that Zoom Contact Center requires a license
- The account owner or administrator should have the following privileges:
How to view information on active engagements
- Launch Zoom’s desktop client and sign in with your Zoom credentials.
- You will find the Contact Center tab on the left side of the screen.
- You will find the Engagements menu on the left side of the screen.
The information you will see in the Active tab will be as follows:
- Direction: Displays whether the engagement was inbound or outbound according to the engagement type. Those engagements that are received through a queue are considered inbound engagements. A call that is outbound means that the agent made a call out of the office.
- Start Time: An indication of the engagement’s start time is displayed on this screen.
- Consumer: Depending on whether or not the customer number is found in the address book, the display name of the customer or the caller ID number will be displayed.
- Caller display name: Callers’ display names from their address books are used to identify the callers. Using the Zoom desktop client or web portal, an agent or administrator can add a number that exists in the address book, representing a caller ID number that already exists in your address book.
- Caller ID number: An individual’s caller ID number is displayed when the call is made. An agent or administrator has not added this caller ID number to the address book, so the number does not exist in the address book.
- Agent: An agent’s display name is the name that appears on the engagement window when the engagement is made or received.
- Queue: The queue in which the engagement was routed is associated with this engagement.
- Handling Time: In hours, minutes, and seconds, you can see how long it took to process the engagement at the current time.
- Status: Here is a brief description of the engagement’s current status.
- You can monitor the activity of an active inbound or outbound voice call by clicking on the respective icons.