The Zoom Rooms Remote Management application is an application designed to provide Zoom Rooms admins the capability of managing Zoom Rooms remotely from a web client, the ability to select the speaker, microphone, and camera from a remote location, or the ability to restart the Zoom Room computer or Zoom Room app.
Prerequisites for remote Zoom Rooms management
If you wish to control a remote speaker, microphone, or camera, you can follow the following instructions:
- Owner of the account, admin, and their roles that have access to Zoom Rooms and can manage them
- Version 3.6.x or higher of Zoom Rooms for Mac or PC/Touch is recommended
- Version 3.6x or higher of Zoom Rooms iPad controller is required
In order to manage Zoom Rooms, please follow these steps:
- Owner, administrator, or any other role with access to Zoom Rooms on an account that has the permission to manage Zoom Rooms can manage them.
- The Zoom Rooms for Mac application needs to be updated to version 4.1.5 (33237.0924) or higher in order to run
- You are recommended to use the latest version of Zoom Rooms for PC, which is version 4.1.5 (33237.0925) or higher.
- There is a kiosk mode set up on the Zoom Room device that allows it to operate as a kiosk
How to remotely manage Zoom Rooms
Remote management for Zoom Rooms speakers, microphones or cameras
- In order to access your Zoom account, you will need to sign in using the Zoom web portal.
- When you click on Room Management, click Zoom Rooms, and then you will be able to access Zoom Rooms.
- Select the Zoom Room you wish to manage from the list that appears on the left side of the screen.
- After that, click on the Edit button.
- Under the Room Settings tab, there is a tab for Devices that can be found.
- Depending on your choice, you may want to use a speaker, microphone, and camera in your meeting.
Remote management for Zoom Room computers and apps
- Before you begin using your Zoom Room devices, be sure to check that they have been enabled for kiosk mode on your devices.
- By logging in to the Zoom web portal and clicking on the Room Management button, you can access the Zoom web portal and manage your rooms.
- You will be able to find the Zoom Room that you would like to restart when you click Zoom Rooms on the left side of the window. You will need to find it and then click on Restart once you have found it.
- By clicking on the Edit button next to the Zoom Room entry, you will be able to edit that entry.
- As you scroll down the next page, you will find the heading Devices at the bottom of the page at the bottom of the page. You can either restart Zoom Rooms by clicking Restart Zoom Rooms App or restart Zoom Rooms by clicking Restart Zoom Rooms Computer to restart Zoom Rooms in this window.
- Once you have clicked the Restart button again, you will be able to complete the process.