This post was most recently updated on July 23rd, 2022
The admin can change the settings for the phone number after it has been acquired, such as the display name of the number and whether the number is able to receive incoming calls.
Prerequisites for changing phone number settings
- There are three types of accounts: Pro, Business, and Education
- Ownership or administrative privileges of an account
- A license for Zoom Phones is required
- To access the Zoom web portal, you will need to sign in.
- Click on Phone System Management from the navigation menu and then select Phone Numbers from the list.
- On the left side, you will find the tabs Assigned or Unassigned.
- If you want to edit a number, click on the number you wish to edit.
- The following settings can be changed by you:
- Display Name: The internal display name for the phone can be customized by clicking Set Display Name or Edit if you’d like to make changes. Whenever you change the outbound caller ID on your phone, you can make use of the display name to help the users identify the number.
- Note: As far as the outbound caller ID is concerned, the display name has no effect on how it appears to the recipient.
- Capability: In order to enable incoming or outgoing calls for a certain number, click the check boxes next to the numbers. The desktop client and web portal will now label numbers as either Outgoing or Incoming once you have changed this setting.
- If only Outgoing is checked: It is only possible to make calls using the number and not to receive any calls using the number.
- If only Incoming is checked: There is no possibility for the number to be used for making calls as it can only be used to receive calls. There will be no emergency calling available for this number at this time. When a Zoom Room receives a lot of spam calls, setting the number to one that accepts incoming calls only may be useful if you wish to block all incoming calls to the Zoom Room; for example, if you want to block spam calls to the Zoom Room.
- Note: It will be possible for phone users to select incoming numbers as their caller ID but they will not be able to place calls with these numbers.