Zoom desktop software has the capability of integrating with your third-party calendar so that meetings and webinars included in your third-party calendar can be synced to Zoom desktop software. This gives you an easy way to start meetings or join them directly from Zoom desktop software. There will not be a Join button for the meeting if the Zoom join link is not detecting, so that the meeting will show the host information, but also be listed as a “Not a Zoom meeting” and will not have a Join button. We are able to integrate your calendar with Google Calendar, Office 365, and Exchange.
In addition to syncing the Zoom contacts with Google, Office 365, or Exchange, you can also use Zoom Phone to make calls to your contacts if you have a Zoom Phone license. If you do not have a Zoom Phone license, you will still be able to sync your contacts, but you will not be able to make phone calls using Zoom.
Integration of calendars and contacts requires the following prerequisites
- The Zoom desktop application can be downloaded from the Zoom website
- if you’re using Windows and you’re running version 5.2.1 or higher
- higher, as well as Mac users who are running version 5.2.1 or higher
- on a Mac, as well as Linux users who are running version 5.2.1 on a Linux computer
- if your administrator has enabled the contact and calendar integration
Setup of the calendar and contacts integration in Google Calendar
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by signing in.
- Go to your profile page.
- Click Connect to Calendar and Contact Service on the left side of the Calendar and Contact Integration section.
- Click the service you want to use.
- You will then be able to change its permissions.
- Click on the Next button.
- In order to allow Zoom to access your calendar and contacts, simply follow the on-screen instructions.
- You will need to sign into your Google account by following the on-screen instructions. Then you will be asked to allow Zoom access to your contacts by clicking Allow.
- Office 365:
- You can authorize the calendar in the following ways:
- Select the method that you would like to use. Depending on the security needs of the organization, you might choose to use a different authorization method. The best way to find out which one is right for you is to contact your internal IT team. We recommend utilizing OAuth 2.0 as the authorization mechanism.
- Your Office 365 account email address is: Type in your Office 365 email address.ur Office 365 account email address is:
- Password for your Office 365 account: Your Office 365 password can be found here:
- EWS URL: A default EWS URL for Office 365 will be populated in this field. If your Office 365 account uses a different configuration, then you can leave this as the default.
- Exchange login username or UPN: If you have an exchange account, then you will need to enter your UPN and username.
- Exchange login password: Your Exchange account password should be entered here.
- Exchange Version: Make sure you select the correct Exchange version. It would be helpful if you could contact your internal IT team for more information about the various Exchange versions if you are not sure.
- EWS URL: Enter the EWS URL of your organization. If you do not know the EWS URL, please contact your internal IT department.
How to use the calendar integration
With A Third-Party Calendar Service
Once you’ve logged into your third-party calendar service through which you’ve configured your calendar integration, follow one of the following steps:
- Scheduling a meeting: By adding Zoom meeting events to your third-party calendar service, you can schedule meetings in advance. The meeting will be synced to your desktop along with the meeting invitations.
- Editing a meeting: The meetings that you edit via Zoom’s calendar service will sync with the Zoom desktop client if they are edited using the calendar service.
- Deleting a meeting: You will also be able to remove the event from the Zoom desktop client if you remove it from the third-party service.
With The Zoom Desktop Client
The following options can be accessed by signing in to the Zoom desktop client:
Schedule a meeting: In order to schedule a meeting, you should follow the instructions provided. If you have set up integration with a calendar service, make sure you select the one that has been selected under the Calendar section.
The meeting will be synced with your calendar service through Zoom.
- Editing a meeting: You can edit a meeting by selecting it from Meetings tab, then clicking Edit. Make sure that you choose the calendar service with which you have set up the integration under the Calendar section. Click the Save button.
- Click on the Edit button to open the event in Zoom’s calendar interface. Confirm your changes by clicking the Save button.
Note: It is not possible to sync the edited meeting schedule time to your external calendar service if you edit the meeting time. If you edit the meeting time, it will create a distinct event with the new meeting time. The appointment can be edited from your third-party calendar service in order to change the time at which it is scheduled.
- Deleting a meeting: Click the Delete button, which can be found on the Meetings tab, in order to delete a meeting.
- The meeting will also be deleted from your third-party calendar service if it is accessed from Zoom.
Note: If you originally scheduled the meeting using the Zoom desktop client, you will only see the Delete option.
Read it also –
How to use the contacts integration
The Zoom Phone license requires that you have the contacts integration feature in order to use it. When the contacts are synced, you can do the following:
- With Zoom desktop client, you can access synced contacts (The Cloud Contacts section on the Contacts tab)
- Contacts synced from third-party services will appear in the same subfolder structure as your third-party contacts service
- If you have attached a phone number to the profile of synced contacts, you can phone those contacts using Zoom Phone
- Your call history or voicemail inbox can be used to create a new synced contact
- Your call history or your voicemail inbox allows you to add a phone number to a synced contact
Note: In the Zoom application for mobile devices and the provisioned desk phone, contacts are not synchronized. This only applies to Zoom mobile applications. Zoom Phone has the capability of displaying contacts from your phone’s contacts app to allow you to call the person made available by Zoom.
How to change permissions for the existing calendar or contacts integration
- Log in in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click on the “Profile” tab.
- Scroll down to the section called “Calendar and Contact Integration” and choose “Configure”.
Ensure that the following permissions have been set for the service:
- read-only: enables Zoom desktop users to view events from their calendar in Zoom desktop.
- The Zoom desktop client allows you to edit and delete events that have been scheduled.
- feature: In the Zoom desktop client, it’s possible to see information about your contacts.
- Before you add a contact to your contact list, you can create a contact. Zoom Desktop gives you the option to create contacts based on your call history
- Note: Find out more about the permissions that need to be granted in order to integrate calendars and contacts.
- To grant Zoom access to your calendars and contacts, just click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions.
How to remove the calendar and contacts integration
- The Zoom web portal can be accessed by logging in.
- Then click on your profile.
- On the next screen, click Delete connected account next to Calendar Integration.
- When the next screen appears, click the button to confirm that you want to delete the integration.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Zoom have a calendar integration?
How do I integrate calendar with Zoom Room?
How do I link my office 365 calendar to Zoom?
A calendar service needs to be added to Zoom by an Office 365 administrator
On the top of the screen, you will see a navigation menu which lists Room Management and then Calendar Integration under the Room Management section. Click on Add a Calendar Service under the Calendar Integration section of the menu. Select Office 365 as your calendar service from the window that asks you to select the calendar service. There are two methods of authorizing: Authorizing via EWS or Authorizing via OAuth 2.0.
How do I invite someone to a calendar Zoom?
- To make use of the Zoom Desktop Client, you will need to sign in to your Zoom account before you can begin.
- Make an appointment to meet with the person.
- When you click the Meetings tab, you will be redirected to the Meetings tab, where you can schedule meetings.
- By clicking on the Copy Invitation button, you will be able to send an invitation to other attendees of the meeting you selected. …
- By clicking the Edit button on your calendar, you can add meetings to it. …
- You can choose the calendar you would like to add in the Calendar section by scrolling down to the bottom of that page.
- Save the file by clicking on the Save button.