You can configure client-side calendar integration to synchronize Zoom meetings and webinars on the Outlook client with the Windows Zoom desktop client. This mode of calendar integration requires the use of a MAPI framework that, unlike other calendar synchronization methods, relies on the Zoom client to communicate directly with the Outlook client without connecting through a server. This is especially useful if your organization is using an on-premises Exchange environment where customers may not be able to provide Zoom access to calendar data directly from the Exchange server.
Prerequisites of Zoom
- Zoom desktop client for Windows 5.4.3 (58891.1115) or later
- Your administrator has enabled calendar and contact integration
Enable MAPI for calendar integration from account settings
- Sign in to the Zoom Web Portal as the owner or administrator.
- In the navigation panel, [Account Management], [Account Settings and then click the.
- On the Meetings tab, scroll down to the Calendar & Contacts section.
- Enable Calendar and Contact Integration.
- Select Exchange.
- Enable Use MAPI to integrate with Zoom desktop client (for Windows only).
- Click Save.
- (Optional) Click the lock icon to force account users to use MAPI only for calendar integration.
Authentication using MAPI calendar integration in Zoom
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Profile.
- In the Calendar and Contacts section, under Calendar and Contact Integration, click Configure Calendar and Partner Services.
- Select Exchange and click Next. Enter according to the displayed screen.
- Click Finish.
How to schedule a meeting
Instant meetings and scheduled meetings
Meeting voting function
Watch a 1-minute video of how to use the Zoom Meeting Webinar (Summary)
Account-level settings for calendar and contact integration