This post was most recently updated on July 28th, 2022
Using the Settings page of their hub, the hub owner will have the ability to manage the visibility of their hub, and other settings related to their hub, such as the default experience for attendees to land on their hub. A small menu will appear at the top of the screen, which contains three tabs: Visibility, Hub Settings, and Hub Deletion.
Hub owners have the option to make their hubs private or public by changing the visibility of their hubs. A hub owner can set one of their hubs to be the landing page for attendees to browse and discover events rather than using the default hub’s public listing page in order to make one of their hubs the gateway hub of choice. Owners of hubs can also take advantage of Hub Deletion to delete their hubs.
In this article, we will discuss the following topics:
- How to access a hub’s Settings page
- How to manage a hub’s visibility
- Hide your hub
- How to manage hub Settings
- Set landing hub for attendees
- Automatically list hub events
- How to delete your hub
Prerequisites for managing a hub’s Settings page
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 5.7.6 or higher
- macOS: 5.7.6 or higher
- Zoom mobile client
- iOS: 5.7.6 or higher
- Android: 5.7.6 or higher
- A Professional account, a Business account, an Enterprise account, or an Education account
- In order to create paid events, you will need a Stripe account or a PayPal business account
- An event license for Zoom Events is required to use the service
- While version 5.7.6 of Zoom Events does support Windows’ Webview package for the Windows platform, there is a dependency with Windows’ Webview package; this may cause hosts to experience a blank lobby experience when using Zoom Events.
- It is strongly recommended that hosts update their Zoom desktop client/mobile application in order to be able to access the latest Zoom Events and Webinar features available.
How to access a hub’s Settings page
- Join Zoom Events by signing in with your Zoom account.
- Click on the Manage button at the top of the page, which is located in the right corner.
- You will be able to select the hub you want to manage in the left navigation menu by clicking on the Hub dropdown menu.
- If you want to manage a hub, click the Settings button under the hub you want to manage.
A page called Settings will be displayed on the hub’s dashboard.
How to manage a hub’s visibility
You can access the hub’s settings page by clicking the Settings button.
- There are three options you can choose from under Visibility:
- Public: Users with a link to the hub will be able to view the hub as long as they have the link.
- Internal: You will be able to access the Zoom Hub only if you have logged in through the Zoom web portal and if you have added users to it.
- Please click on the Save button to save your changes.
Hide your Hub
Despite the fact that an attendee may follow a hub, even if the owner or manager of the hub hides it from all attendee-facing locations (the event details page and hub listings view), an attendee may not see the hub. There is still a chance for users who are members of the hub to see the hidden hub in the dropdown menu under the hub navigation if the hub is hidden. To indicate that a hub is hidden, you will see an anonymous icon to the right of its name, which will indicate its status as hidden.
- There will still be a hidden hub available to select in the Create Event/Conference flow for selecting as part of the event creation process.
- An option to disable the hidden hub option is automatically deselected if a hub is set to a landing hub. The option to hide a particular landing hub is automatically deselected by the hub owner or manager when they choose to hide a current landing hub. It is not possible to hide landing hubs once they have been created.
- There is a Settings tab on the hub that you can access.
- If you want to hide this hub, you need to select the Hide this Hub check box under Visibility.
In order to prevent attendees from seeing the hub (and its link) in the event details page, or in the hub listing view, the hub will be hidden.
- Save the changes by clicking on the Save button.
How to manage hub Settings
Set landing hub for attendees
- Go to the Settings page of the hub in order to access the settings.
- Set the Hub as a landing hub by checking the box under Hub Settings.
- Save the file by clicking on the Save button.
When a user signs in to Zoom Events for the first time, they will be taken to the event listing page for this hub.
Automatically list hub events
You can access the hub’s settings page by clicking on the Settings link.
- Make sure the checkbox Auto List Events is selected under Hub Settings.
- Save your changes by clicking on the Save button.
As soon as this option is selected, the hub’s public profile event listing view will automatically reflect events created for the hub when this option is selected.
In case this option is not selected, you will have to request that the hub owner or hub manager approves events that have been entered into this hub (or subsequently submitted to this hub) in order for them to be included on the hub’s public profile event listing page.
How to delete your hub
Notes:A hub can only be deleted by the hub owner and an administrator of the Zoom account.
- An owner of a hub that contains upcoming events cannot delete that hub, but an administrator of the Zoom account will be able to delete that hub.
- Zoom Events can be accessed by logging into your Zoom account.
- Click on the Manage button in the top right corner of the screen.
- You can select the hub you want to manage from the dropdown menu in the left navigation menu by clicking the hub dropdown menu.
- If you would like to manage a hub, click the Settings button under that hub.
- Click on the Delete Hub button under Hub Deletion.
You will then be prompted to complete a verification process.
- Click the Delete Hub button in the verification dialog box to confirm your decision to delete the hub.