Collect Input widget can be added and edited by contact center administrators. With the Collect Input widget, it is possible to capture inputs from engagements such as key presses. The IVR menu can, for example, be designed in such a manner that consumers who press one are routed to a specific queue when they dial 1.
The Collect Input widget is used to display a prompt to consumers who are entering the Waiting Room before they enter the video flow. Consumers can enter text into the prompt’s text field by using the prompt’s text box, and a picture or video can appear alongside the prompt. In the case of a call center, consumers could be asked to enter their language preference, and then routed to a queue that speaks the language they want.
In this article, we will discuss the following topics:
- How to add and edit the Collect Input widget
- Collect Input widget settings
Prerequisites for customizing the Collect Input widget
- Ownership or administrative privileges of an account
- A professional account, a business account, or an education account
- Zoom Contact Center is licensed by Zoom Contact Center
- Flows can be created for voice, video, chat, or SMS communications
How to add and edit the Collect Input widget
- To access the Zoom web portal, you will need to sign in.
- Select Contact Center Management then Flows from the navigation menu at the top of the screen.
- The display name of a flow can be edited by clicking on it.
- Click and drag Collect Input to where you want it to appear in the flow by clicking and dragging it on the left-side widget panel.
- Please select the widget called Collect Input from the list.
- To change the display name of the widget, click the Rename button in the right-side panel, which can be found in the bottom panel.
- In Settings, you will find a drop-down menu in the Collect Input field that allows you to select an input method.
- Specify the settings and exits associated with the associated settings.
Collect Input widget settings
|Collect Input options
|IVR: This type of method is used to collect a key press or voice input through the use of an interactive voice response (IVR) system.
(only available for voice channel)
|Audio Prompt: From the following list, select one of the options.
- Text To Speech: If you would like to play text as an audio message to the caller, enter the text in the Message to play text box.
- Upload Audio: In order to upload a file to be played, click the Upload button and select the file to be played.
- Asset Library: From the media library, you will be able to select one of the existing audio files in the library.
A maximum wait time can be specified in seconds by specifying a timeout value. Timeout exit settings take effect if the expiration period is exceeded.
|Exit1, Exit 2, …: To add additional exit conditions, click the Add Exit button, then you can modify these settings.
- Keypress Input: Assigns a key to be pressed by the caller in order for the call to be executed for the current exit.
- Input Voice: Use the toggle button to select the voice keywords that the caller will need to say to ensure that the exit is successfully completed. Adding more keywords can be done by clicking on Add Keywords at the top of the page.
- This is where you can give the exit a name that will appear on the screen. A widget called Collect Input will display this information on the widget for easy identification.
- You can map the exit to a skill category and select a skill to map to this exit so that consumers can be connected to agents who have the needed skill set. A flow to a Route To > Queue widget is a common method of routing to agents that have special skills that can be prioritized by the queue. In the example of collecting key presses from an IVR system, you can define an exit for “Press 1 for English support” and map that exit to the English skill if you are recording key presses.
Note: In order to make sure that a skill category and skill is added to the flow’s agent routing profile, it must be added to the queue.
- Next Widget: This widget will be displayed if the caller inputs a keypress or says a keyword that specifies the destination widget.
Timeout: If the call exceeds the Timeout in seconds set in the widget’s settings, then select the destination widget in the widget’s settings.
No Match: The destination widget will be selected when the caller does not input an associated key or say an associated keyword.
|Digit Input: This function collects keystroke inputs.
(only available for voice channel)
|Audio Prompt: Please select from the following options.
- Text To Speech: To play the message to the caller, you will need to enter the text that you want to be spoken in the Message to play text box.
- Upload Audio: The next step is to click on the Upload button to upload a file that will be played.
- Asset Library: From the asset library, you can select an audio file that already exists in the asset library.
It is possible to select the ending keypress which should be pressed by the caller for the input to be collected at the end of the call.
Maximum number of digits: This is where you can specify what number of digits the caller can press.
In seconds, you can specify how long a timeout should last in seconds. In the event that the Timeout exit setting is exceeded, the exit setting will take effect.
- When the caller inputs the ending keypress to end the conversation, select the widget that should be displayed. If you wanted to verify whether the input of the CollectInput.Digits variable is correct, you would typically select the Condition widget.
- Incorrect Input: If the inputs are incorrect, then select the destination widget; for instance, if the number of digits exceeds the maximum.
- Timeout: When a call exceeds the Timeout in seconds that was set in the widget’s settings, select the destination widget to display the widget’s settings.
|Collect text input from the user.
The channel can be used for chats or SMS messages
- Prompt Text: This is the text that will be displayed on the screen for consumers.
- You can specify a maximum wait time or a timeout value in seconds by entering the value in the field. Max Wait Time / Timeout exit settings are enforced if the Max Wait Time / Timeout exit setting is exceeded.
- If the caller inputs the ending keypress at the end of the call, select the destination widget when they press the finish key. To verify whether the input of CollectInput.TextInput is correct, it would usually be necessary to select a condition widget.
- Incorrect Input: Choose the widget that represents the destination if the inputs are incorrect.
- Timeout: Once the maximal wait time or timeout set in the widget’s settings has been exceeded, you should select the destination widget from the widget’s settings.
|Text Input: Collect text input.
(for video channel)
|Prompt media type: There will be a prompt asking the consumer which type of media they would like to show to their consumers.
- Video: In order for a video to be displayed on the consumer’s screen, you will have to click Upload Video and follow the instructions.
- Clicking on Upload will allow you to upload a picture in order to display it on the page. The drop-down menu can also be used to select an existing audio file from the asset library by using the drop-down list.
- Click the Upload Slides button if you wish to upload a video to your slides in order to have it displayed on them. Clicking on the drop-down menu at the top of the page will allow you to choose a PDF file from the asset library by choosing it from the drop-down menu.
Clicking the toggle button will enable or display text to consumers, depending on what choice they make. In order for the feature to be enabled, you will need to enter the text you wish to appear.
In order to enable or disable audio playback while playing the specified media, click the toggle to enable or disable the audio. In the drop-down menu, you will see a list of options that you can choose from.
- Upload Audio: You can upload an audio file by clicking on the Upload Audio button, and this file will be played.
- Asset Library: Through the asset library, you can select an audio file that already exists in the asset library.
Input length: Input length is specified as the minimum and maximum number of characters.
It is possible to specify a maximum wait time in seconds by specifying the maximum wait time. There is an exit setting that will take effect if the Max Wait Time is exceeded.
- When the caller enters the last keystroke before the end of the input, the destination widget will be selected. A Condition widget is usually used as a means of verifying the input of a variable such as CollectInput.TextInput in order to confirm whether it is correct.
- Timeout: If the call exceeds the Max Wait Time set in the widget’s setting, the destination widget is selected as the destination widget in the settings.
|My quick response would be to collect text input from the consumer and specify which of the buttons they can click on.
Please note that this feature is only available for video channels
|Prompt media type: The prompt will ask you to choose which media type you want to display to consumers.
- Video: You can upload a video to be viewed by consumers by clicking the Upload Video button.
- Image:If you would like to display an image, you can click Upload to upload it. There is also the option to choose an existing audio file from the asset library from the drop-down menu.
- Uploading Slides: In order to display a video as part of your presentation, click Upload Slides. A PDF file can also be selected from the asset library by clicking the drop-down menu on the right side of the screen.
You can enable or display text on the screen for consumers by clicking the toggle button. The text to be displayed can be entered if enabled.
During the display of the specified media, you can toggle the audio playback option to enable or disable it while the audio is being played. Drop down menus will appear where you will be able to select one of these options.
- Upload Audio: You can upload an audio file by clicking the Upload Audio button. The audio file will then be played.
- Asset Library: From the asset library, select the audio file that you wish to use from the library.
This is the maximum wait time that can be specified in seconds. There is an exit setting known as the Max Wait Time that takes effect when this setting is exceeded.
Read it also –
Frequently Asked Questions
You will need to enter your email address and password in order to access the Zoom web portal. In the navigation menu, select Contact Center Management, and then from the drop-down menu, click Flows to access a list of flow definitions. The display name of a flow can be edited by clicking on it. You will need to select the widget that says Start.
Is there a way to reproduce this issue?
- In this article, we will discuss how you can permanently disable the zoom widget on all web pages on the web, regardless of what browser you are using.
- Whenever you are on a web page, you will see an icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- It can only be hidden by double clicking until you refresh the page.
It is the Zoom Contact Center that is an omnichannel contact center that is optimized for video and which is integrated with the Zoom experience in order to enable you to handle calls much more efficiently. compared to what you have ever done in the past. Contact center functionality is provided by Zoom Contact Center when it is combined with unified communications.
As soon as the Zoom meeting has started, a Zoom menu bar will appear at the bottom of the Zoom window at the bottom of the Zoom window once the Zoom meeting has started. The menu bar should appear when you move your mouse slightly if you do not see it. When you do, it will appear when you move your mouse slightly. While you are in full-screen mode, you will no longer see any bar at the bottom of your screen.
If you are using Windows, you can change to floating thumbnail view by clicking on the minimize icon. This icon can be found at the top-right corner of the screen if you are using a Mac, and at the top-left corner if you are using a PC. Click on the arrow on the left side of the video when it is in the mini-window view, and you will be able to collapse it. In order to expand the thumbnail of the video, you will need to click the arrow again.