This post was most recently updated on July 28th, 2022
The Start widget can be edited by the admin of the contact center. As the entry point to a flow containing voice, video, chat, or SMS, the Start widget serves as a point of entry for the user.
For example, you can set the Start widget as an entry point by assigning a phone number as the entry point. When a call is received from the associated phone number, which is selected in the widget settings, then the flow is triggered when an inbound call is made to that number. There are several widgets that can be connected to the Start widget once it has been set up by admins.
Prerequisites for customizing the Start widget
- A voice, video, chat, or SMS flow can be created via voice, video, chat, or SMS
- Ownership of the account or admin rights on the account
- Accounts are available for Pros, Businesses, and Schools
- Licences for Zoom Contact Center are available for purchase
How to edit the Start widget and
All flows have this widget installed by default and you cannot remove it from a flow.
- Log into the Zoom web portal by entering your user name and password.
- Select Contact Center Management from the navigation menu and then click Flows from the Flows menu.
- The display name of a flow can be edited by clicking on the display name of the flow.
- The Start widget can be selected by clicking on it.
There is a right-side panel on the flow editor which contains the widget settings for the widget that you are editing.
- In order to rename the widget, click Rename on the widget’s display name (optional).
- If you wish to add entry points to the flow, you need to click Manage Entry Point then Add Entry Point on the Settings tab.
- It is possible to add or edit the event scripts (optional).
- The tab Exit will appear once you click on it.
- Upon a customer initiating an entry point, a drop-down menu will appear where you can select the widget for the destination.