According to the U.S. “Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act”, HIPAA business associate agreements (BAA) are contracts between HIPAA-covered entities and their business associates (BAs). HIPAA guidelines govern the protection of personal health information (PHI) in this contract.
Here is more information about Zoom’s compliance with HIPAA.
Configuration of Zoom account BAA
For covered entities and business associates who would like to store PHI on the platform, a BAA must be in place before such an exchange can occur, whereas for enhancements to feature functionality, the administrator does not need to touch any manual configuration steps.
In addition to Zoom’s HIPAA offering, Zoom’s Compliance, Privacy, and Security products are conducive to enhancing compliance and maintaining privacy.
- Zoom Phone, our cloud VoIP phone solution featuring secure HD voice; call forwarding, recording, and delegation; and voicemail transcription
- Zoom Chat to quickly and securely communicate with colleagues onsite or on the go
- Provide a secure location for patient health information and reporting on the administrator dashboard
What’s more, administrators have the flexibility to turn these settings on and off at the network level depending on your organization’s specific policies. This allows you to give employees what they need when they need it, without worrying about granting access to unnecessary features.
Privacy and security must be ensured
- Using industry-standard encryption, all meeting data is protected while in motion
- In order to enable Zoom’s Advanced Chat Encryption feature, users are required to enable the Zoom server in order to send and receive encrypted messages. This feature can be enabled via the Zoom server settings
- There are various privacy features available that allow you to ensure that session attendees are allowed entry at your discretion, whether it’s through individual or group entry, waiting rooms, forced meeting passcodes, or locked rooms
Please contact Sales if you would like more information on how a BAA can be signed with Zoom.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Zoom apps HIPAA compliant?
Is Zoom business account HIPAA compliant?
What is BAA security in Zoom?
Detailed provisions are contained in Business Associate Agreements
In order to be HIPAA compliant, a Covered Entity must have a Business Associate Agreement (BAA) between the Covered Entity and the Business Associate.
How much is the Zoom BAA?
Which Zoom package is HIPAA compliant?
Configuring the Zoom account‘s BAA is one of the most important steps
You will be able to leverage Zoom’s HIPAA service in order to maintain privacy, security, and compliance while still being able to use the Zoom platform.