Using the Virtual Backgrounds App
You can choose from over 2 million high-resolution images and choose your favorite virtual background from the Virtual Backgrounds app for Zoom. The best images on Unsplash are curated by hundreds of the best photographers in the world.
By browsing popular categories such as nature and arts, you can create your own custom virtual background images. Images are updated on a regular basis, and the relevance of each image can be seen in the list.
- A Zoom account
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: version 5.7.3 or higher
- MacOS: version 5.7.3 or higher
- In order to use virtual backgrounds, you must meet the system requirements.
Installing from the Zoom App Marketplace is as simple as clicking the link
The Virtual Backgrounds app can be found in the Zoom Apps section in the desktop client, as well as on your desktop.
Manually installing the app is as follows:
- Join the Zoom Marketplace by logging in to your account.
- Browse through the Virtual Backgrounds that are available.
- Click the Add button.
- Make sure you review the permissions requested and then click the Authorize button.
As soon as the app has been installed, you will see it displayed in the Apps section of Zoom’s desktop client.
How to use the Virtual Backgrounds App
In this app, the virtual background feature of Zoom’s desktop client is enhanced.
If you are looking for a specific image, you can use the search bar. In this case, we will be searching through the Unsplash library and returning the images that are the closest matches to our search.
The app gives you the option to change your background to a blurred one or to remove your background all together.
How to uninstall from the App Marketplace
- Access the App Marketplace web portal by logging in to your account.
- On the Manage section, click on Add Apps, and then browse to your desired app.
- Once you have located your desired app, click to remove it.
In order to allow users to open the app during Zoom meetings, the company has used the scope zoomapp:inmeeting. Additionally, users can set the virtual background of the app during Zoom meetings. If you would like to learn more about Zoom’s data collection, use, and sharing practices, please read Zoom’s privacy statement.
Please see the following list of Zoom Apps SDK methods that this application can access:
- A virtual background is set by calling setVirtualBackground.
- Deletes the user’s virtual background by using the removeVirtualBackground method.
- open Url – Enables the user to open the URL in the built-in browser of their device.
The smart virtual background package must be installed before you can troubleshoot the error. To render a virtual background on your Zoom desktop client, the package must be installed.
- Log on to the Zoom desktop client by using your Zoom username and password.
- Then click the Settings icon next to your profile picture.
- Choose a background or a filter from the list.
- Once you have selected your ideal background, click on it.
- If you want, you can upload an image of your own, or you can use a video.
- For virtual backgrounds without a green screen, if prompted, please click Download to download the package.
To find out more, please read How to Use the Virtual Background.