This post was most recently updated on July 22nd, 2022
It is possible to invite other Zoom Rooms, H.323/SIP rooms, company contacts, or external participants to your Zoom Rooms meeting.
This article covers:
- How to invite by contacts
- How to invite by email
- How to invite by phone
- How to invite by room system
Prerequisites for inviting others to join a Zoom Rooms meeting
- You have added a contact from your company to User Management or you have the same domain as that contact.
- The Zoom Rooms page allows you to configure Zoom Rooms.
- You must subscribe to the CRC (Cloud Room Connector) add-on to configure the H.323/SIP room system.
- Invite by Email: Make sure your email address is valid.
- Invite by Room System: Be subscribed to the CRC (Cloud Room Connector) and know the IP address or E.164 of the room.
- Invite by Phone: The call out feature is enabled on the account
How to invite by contacts
- On the controller, tap Manage Participants, then on the Invite radio button, while you are in a meeting.
- Click on the Contacts tab at the top of the screen.
- Depending on whether you are inviting Zoom Rooms, SIP/H.323 rooms, or company contacts, you will need to select them first.
- Click on the Invite button.
How to invite by email
- The first step is to tap on Manage Participants from the meeting controller and then tap on Invite when you are in a meeting.
- You will find the email tab on the left hand side of the screen.
- In the To: field, enter the email address of the invitee(s) that you would like to invite. The email addresses of multiple participants should be separated by a space.
- Click Send Invitation.
How to invite by phone
- Select Manage Participants from the controller and then select Invite.
- Select the Phone tab.
- For international numbers, tap the country code icon at the top left.
- Tap the phone icon to dial a number.
Zoom Rooms provides the ability to call phone numbers. Find out how.
How to invite by room system
- During the course of a meeting, tap on Manage Participants on the controller, then tap on Invite to invite new participants.
- Select the SIP/H.323 tab from the menu.
- It is possible to enter an IP address or an E.164 number and then choose H.323 or SIP and tap Call.