An address book is a collection of information that describes the location of a consumer as well as the display name, telephone number, and address. A Zoom desktop client displays information from the address book when the customer is a contact in the address book during the course of an active engagement, as long as that customer is a contact in the address book. When a consumer is not already in the address book, agents have the option of adding a new contact and selecting which address book the contact should be included in. The address book can also be organized into units in order to make it easier for you to find information.
The following topics will be covered in this article:
- How to create an address book
- How to add a single contact to an address book
- How to edit or delete address book units and address books
- How to edit or delete an address book contact
- How to move contact to another address book
Prerequisites for managing address books and contacts
- Ownership or administrative privileges of the account
- Whether it’s a pro account, a business account, or an education account
- Licence for Zoom Contact Center can be purchased here
How to create an address book
There is an option for administrators to create a contact book within each address book unit.
- The Zoom web portal can be accessed by logging into your Zoom account.
- Select Contact Center Management, then Address Books, from the navigation menu on the left hand side of the screen.
- Select a unit that you have previously created in the left-side panel.
- You can create an address book by clicking the Create Address Book button. The unit’s display name can be viewed by clicking the plus icon next to it in addition to the plus icon.
- If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us:
- Address book name: Give the address book a display name by entering a name in the text box provided. There is no way to hide the display name from the agents since it is visible to them.
- Description (Optional): Describe the address book in a few words by entering the following information.
- Once you have clicked Create, a new window will appear.
- The following sections will guide you through the process of adding a contact to your address book.
How to add a single contact to an address book
- Access the Zoom web portal by logging into your Zoom account.
- Click on Contact Center Management from the navigation menu, then click on Address Books from the menu.
- You will be able to find an address book in the left-hand panel by selecting a unit that you have previously created.
- You will be prompted to add a contact.
- The fields in the address book need to be filled out.
- Add the item to your cart by clicking on the Add button.
How to edit or delete address book units and address books
- To access the Zoom web portal, you will need to sign in.
- Click on Contact Center Management then click on Address Books in the navigation menu on the left side of the screen.
- Hover your cursor over a previously-created address book or unit in the left-side panel to view its details.
- You can select one of the following options by clicking the ellipses icon:
- Edit Unit / Edit Address Book: You can change the display name and description of the unit or address book in the address book settings.
- Delete Unit / Delete Address Book: Units and address books can be deleted by clicking the delete button. As part of this deletion, all information stored in the address book or unit (address books or contacts) will also be deleted.
How to edit or delete an address book contact
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- Select Contact Center Management from the menu on the left and then select Address Books from the menu on the right.
- Select the previously-created unit in the left-side panel and then click on the address book tab.
- Select one of the following options by clicking the ellipses icon:
- Edit Contact: There is an option to change the display name and description of the unit or address book.
- Delete Contact: Contacts can be deleted by clicking the ‘Delete’ button.
How to delete several address book contacts
- The Zoom web portal can be accessed by logging into the Zoom account.
- Select Contact Center Management from the navigation menu, and then select Address Books from the drop-down menu.
- To organize your address book, select a unit from the left-hand panel and then select Address Book from the right-hand panel.
- You can select contacts to be deleted by checking the boxes on the left side of the screen.
- Click the Delete button at the top of the table to remove the data from the table.
How to move contact to another address book
- The Zoom web portal can be accessed by logging in to your account.
- Select Contact Center Management from the navigation menu and then select Address Books from the drop-down menu.
- Select a previously created unit on the left-side panel, and then select the address book from the list.
- You can select the contacts you would like to move by checking the check boxes.
- Click on Move at the top of the table, which will take you to a new page.
- Click on Move when you have chosen the address book that you would like to move to.
Read it also –
|Change The Email Address Associated With Your Zoom Account|
|Managing Address Book Units In Zoom App|
|Setting Up Emergency Addresses In Zoom|
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you organize contacts in Zoom?
The Zoom desktop client and mobile app also allow you to organize users using groups.
Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by signing in.
You can access groups by clicking User Management in the navigation menu.
Select Add Group from the menu.
For the new group, enter its name and description.
Add the item. Now this group will appear in your groups list.
What is a contact book in Zoom?
Those in your organization who use the same Zoom account already appear in your Zoom contacts list by default. By sending an email invitation, you can add an external contact. Chatting, collaborative meetings, and file sharing can all be accessed after your invitation is accepted by the contact.
Does Zoom have a contact list?
Zoom’s All Contacts section shows all contacts in an account or organization by default. Specifying the email address associated with a Zoom user’s account will also let you add them as a contact.
How do I find contacts in Zoom app?
How to call phone contacts
Zoom’s mobile app requires signing in.
Click Contacts. Zoom accesses your phone contacts when you tap Allow on an Android device.
You can find Phone Contacts in the My Contacts section.
To contact someone, tap their name.
If you want to make a Zoom Phone call, tap Call.
How do I make folders in Zoom?
Creating a folder
Zoom’s mobile app requires signing in.
To access Team Chat, tap the tab.
The Folders option is just beneath the Starred section.
Tap on the button in the top-right corner.
You can name this folder by tapping Next.
Create a new folder for your contacts and channels.
How do I edit Zoom Contacts?
Editing an existing phone dial-in contact
Zoom web login is required.
The Phone Dial-in Contacts menu can be found under Account Management in the navigation panel.
The contact you’d like to edit can be edited by clicking Edit.
Information to be edited: .
Save the file.
Does Zoom have an address book?
Zoom contacts directory includes all contacts from your Zoom account and organization by default. If you specify the email address associated with the Zoom account of any external Zoom user, you can add them as contacts as well.
Why can’t I see my contacts on Zoom?
Become a Zoom administrator by logging in to the Zoom web portal. You can access your contacts by clicking User Management, then Contacts. You can uncheck the option List all Zoom Rooms under ‘All Contacts’ if it is checked. Select Zoom Rooms from the list, and check the ones you want to include in the group of contacts.
How do I add contacts to a scheduled Zoom meeting?
Sign in to the Zoom desktop client. Start or join a meeting.
You can access your contacts by clicking on the Contacts tab.
Alternatively, you can use the search function to find a contact.
You can invite a specific individual by clicking on their name. Multi-contact selection is possible.
You can invite friends by clicking the Invite button in the lower right corner.