This post was most recently updated on July 23rd, 2022
By porting a number from another carrier to Zoom Phone, you are able to make use of an existing number with another carrier that you already have.
Note: See our list of common porting issues and how to resolve them if you are having trouble during the porting process.
Prerequisites for requesting a number port for US, Canada, or Puerto Rico
- Permissions of the account owner or admin
- License for Zoom Phone
The following information will need to be provided by you:
- (If applicable) Your current carrier’s account number (if you have one).
- It is recommended that you provide your 4 digit PIN number (which is required for all wireless ports) if the number is a wireless one
It is also helpful for Zoom if you inform them in advance if you intend to use your existing phone with Zoom Phone. Please note that if you choose to port the phone from your current provider to Zoom Phone, your current carrier may need to unlock the phone on the day of the port so that Zoom Phone can provision them.
Requesting a number port
Note: The Zoom web portal allows you to port as many as 100 numbers at a time using a single login. The project porting option is available if you need to port more than 100 numbers, such as US and Canadian numbers, or Puerto Rico numbers.
- To access the Zoom web portal, you will need to sign in.
- In order to manage your phone numbers, navigate to Phone System Management.
- Click on the Ported tab on the left side of the screen.
- Then click on Port Numbers.
- Click the Check Portability button once you have entered the numbers in the field, to confirm that the numbers are valid and to proceed.
- Upon completion of the porting process, you will be able to enter the phone number that you would like to be replaced with the ported number. During the porting process, you can use a temporary number to make use of while the process is still in progress.
Note:It is not necessary to purchase additional licenses if you specify an existing phone number.
- The next step is to click the Next button.
The online Letter of Agency (LOA) form will be displayed to you as soon as you click on it.
- Fill out the following information based on the invoice you received from the losing carrier:
- Billing Telephone Number: As indicated on your invoice, you will need to enter the phone number of your company. There is no need to enter the phone number of the carrier.
- Note:Please do not enter a toll-free number in the field.
- Company: As indicated on your invoice, please enter the name of the company that you represent. The name of the carrier should not be entered.
- Authorized Person: This field should be filled out with the name of person who is authorized to request the port of the numbers.
- Address: Please enter the address where the service will be provided. There may be a difference between the address for service and the address for billing.
- Account Number (Optional): Ensure that you enter the account number that is indicated on the invoice of the losing carrier.
- PIN (Optional): If the losing carrier has provided you with a PIN or password, you must enter it. In order to connect to wireless ports or use VoIP services, this is a requirement.
- CRD (Optional): Indicate the date that is preferred by the customer for the porting of the number, according to what they requested. There is no guarantee that this date will be met and this is only a best effort. Zoom will port your number as soon as possible if you do not specify a date when you wish to port your number.
- During the number porting process, you should be aware of common porting errors so that delays in the process can be minimized.
- Submit the form by clicking the Submit button.
You will receive a request from Zoom Phone regarding the validity of the LOA from your previous provider after you submit the LOA form. A pending port of service will be activated once the Portability Administration Center (NPAC) has been notified that the request for portability has been accepted by Zoom Phone and the previous provider. In the Zoom web portal, once the numbers have been approved, they will be able to be managed once they are approved.
Contacting the porting team
Taking the following steps will help you contact the porting team if you would like to discuss your order with them;
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- In order to manage your phone numbers, you must navigate to the Phone System Management section.
- On the Ported tab, click the Ported button.
- If you want to get in touch with the porting team about a particular order, please click the ellipses icon next to that order.
- If you would like to contact us about this order, please click the Contact us button.
- Feel free to use the message box to ask your questions.
The porting team will contact you via e-mail once the request has been submitted.