Using Zoom for the virtual office get-together this holiday season
Here are some steps to help you use Zoom for a virtual office holiday get-together:
- Create a Zoom account: If you haven’t already, sign up for a free Zoom account to host your virtual holiday gathering.
- Send invitations: Create a Zoom meeting and send an invitation to all your coworkers with the date, time, and link to join the call.
- Plan your virtual event: Decide on the agenda for the virtual gathering, whether it’s a festive holiday quiz, a virtual gift exchange or just a casual catch-up with your coworkers.
- Test your technology: Make sure that you and all your coworkers have a stable internet connection and a device with a camera and microphone. Test the audio and video quality in advance to avoid any technical issues during the event.
- Decorate your virtual background: Make your virtual get-together feel festive by using a holiday-themed virtual background. Zoom provides a number of free virtual backgrounds to choose from, or you can upload your own.
- Encourage interaction: Make sure to engage all your coworkers in conversation and activities during the virtual gathering. You can use Zoom’s screen sharing feature to share presentations or play games together.
- Have fun: The most important thing is to have fun and enjoy the virtual get-together with your coworkers. Make the most of the technology to create a festive and enjoyable experience for everyone.
“Bring the Holiday Cheer to Your Virtual Office with Zoom The holiday season is a time for joy and togetherness, but with travel restrictions and remote work arrangements, it may seem difficult to gather with your colleagues. Fear not, with Zoom, you can host a memorable and fun virtual celebration without any hassle or high costs.
Here’s how you can make the most of Zoom this holiday season:
Unite Distributed Teams with a Virtual Party Bring your in-person, hybrid, and remote participants together for a virtual celebration. Zoom makes it easy to create an event with activities for everyone, such as gift-wrapping sessions, cocktail classes, karaoke, trivia, or simply a place to chat and enjoy a festive drink. With features like smart gallery, nobody feels left out of the fun, even if they are in the office.
Make it Fun with the Zoom App Marketplace Maximize your virtual celebration by utilizing the Breakout Rooms feature, where participants can self-select the room they want to join. You can also delegate co-hosts to manage each room for added convenience.
For additional ideas, check out the Zoom App Marketplace, where you’ll find hundreds of applications that directly integrate into Zoom and enhance your experience. From work-related apps to games like Bingo, Trivia, and Werewolf, there’s something for everyone. Get started with Zoom Apps and add some virtual fun to your celebration.
Pro-Tip: Prepare for an Unforgettable Game Night A great game night requires a bit of preparation, but you don’t have to do it alone. Ask your teammates to send some trivia questions before the event and get to know each other better. And don’t forget to check with your account admin to ensure everyone can install the apps before the celebration. Happy holidays!”
Virtual Holiday Celebrations with Zoom
With travel budgets cut, remote work on the rise, and the need for social interaction amidst a pandemic, the holiday season can seem daunting. But don’t worry, you don’t need a fancy location or a big budget to bring some holiday cheer to your colleagues and coworkers. Your trusty Zoom platform is here to help. In this article, we’ll discuss several fun and creative ways to use Zoom to bring some holiday spirit to your virtual office get-together.
I. Share Some Tunes
Adding music to your Zoom meeting or webinar can bring a festive touch to your virtual celebration. You can play your favorite holiday tunes or jingles in the waiting room and share it with your team by using the computer audio sharing options in the advanced tab.
Pro Tip: Keep it simple and clean, and let your coworkers contribute by sending recommendations for the Christmas playlist. Avoid overplaying the music to allow for clear communication during the meeting.
II. White Elephant Gift Exchange
Keep the gift-giving tradition alive with a virtual white elephant gift exchange. Have the team send their gifts (via webpage links) to the organizer, who can then randomize names and gifts to start the game. The organizer can order or ship the gifts directly to each team member once the game is over.
Pro Tip: Get creative by making virtual backgrounds for each gift to show which items have been chosen or stolen. Once a person has a gift, send them the corresponding virtual background so everyone on the call knows which gift they have.
III. Culinary Team Building
A. Cooking Class:
Schedule a team-building activity that’s not a meeting but a cooking class with a professional chef. Share the recipe with the team in advance and allow them to expense the ingredients. This is a fun and delicious way for your team to bond and interact.
Pro Tip: Pin or spotlight the chef’s video to ensure that the professional’s instructions are not disrupted by other participants who might be cooking or chopping.
B. Share a Meal:
If you’re looking for a way to connect with your team outside of work, send a DoorDash or UberEats gift card or allow your team to expense a meal. Schedule a long Zoom lunch and use the time to socialize and catch up with your colleagues.
Pro Tip: Use screen sharing to show off everyone’s lunch choices.
Virtual holiday celebrations can be just as festive and enjoyable as in-person gatherings. With the help of Zoom, you can bring your team together and create lasting memories even while working remotely. For more tips and insights into running virtual teams, check out the free ebook “Making Deep Connections with Remote Teams” written by the Zoom People Experience Team.
What is Zoom Virtual Office?
With Zoom for Home, you can streamline your remote communication with coworkers and customers, allowing you to get more work done. Home workplaces could benefit greatly from rapid productivity as well as in-office immersive collaboration. In order to make work easier to manage, you can hold meetings using high-definition video, crystal-clear phone conversations, interactive whiteboarding, and annotation.
What are the uses of Zoom in the office?