Contacts appear in the Zoom client directory on your PC, Mac, iOS, or Android .
You can chat with your registered contacts, share files and images, and start instant meetings.
Conditions required to use the directory
- The Zoom client or app is installed on your PC, Mac, iOS, or Android device
Start a meeting or chat from your contacts
- Log in to the Zoom application.
- Click Directory (Contacts) .
- Use the name to search the directory (contacts) for the person you want to chat with or have a meeting with.
- With contacts, you can chat and start an instant meeting simply by hovering over the name.
- Selecting [ Meeting ] will call other participant devices to join the Zoom meeting (assuming Zoom has been activated on the contact’s other device).
- Select [ Chat ] to open a chat window where you can send a message or send an image or file.