After your computer has been inactive for a specified amount of minutes, you can choose to change your presence status to Away. In case you are not able to log on for a period of 15 minutes after being inactive, the presence status is automatically set to Away. This setting can be adjusted if necessary. If you wish to control and adjust your computer’s idle time status during an idling period, this setting can be extremely useful.
In order to change my status to “Away” when I am not active on the site, I need these prerequisites:
- Client for Zoom Desktop
- For Windows: 5.2.0 (42619.0804) or higher
- For Mac: 5.2.0 (42633.0805) or higher
If I am not actively using this feature, I will change my status to “Away”
When you are not using your computer, you can change your status to Away by following the following steps:
- Access the Zoom Desktop Client by signing in with your Zoom account.
- After clicking your profile picture, you will be directed to Settings.
- From there, click Chat.
- When you click on Chat Settings, you will find the option to change my status to “Away” when I have not been active for ___ minutes, select it.
- You can set the duration of time that your account will stay inactive by using a drop-down menu. If you wish, you can also change the amount of time you want your account to remain inactive.
It is also possible to put a time limit on how long you would like to keep your account inactive.
- The following step of the process is optional, but in order to disable this setting you can uncheck the box Change my status to “Away” when I am inactive for a period of time.
As a result, Zoom will not automatically set your status to Away when you are on the go.