Changing cloud recording chat/transcript visibility
Prerequisites for changing cloud recording chat/transcript visibility
- For instance, a business license that does feature cloud recording can be: Having a business license, education license, or enterprise license
- The owner or admin of the account must be able to select whether or not this feature will be enabled at the group or account level
How to enable or disable cloud recording chat or transcript visibility at the account level
The following steps should be followed in order to enable or disable the visibility of all users’ chat/transcripts on the cloud server:
- Go to your Zoom account and login to the web portal.
- Click on the Account Management menu item under the Account Settings section.
- You will find the Recording tab on the left side of the page.
- It is important to enable or disable the Viewers can see the transcript / Viewers can see the chat option in the Viewers can see the transcript menu.
- To verify the change have been made, click ‘Enable’ or ‘Disable’ if a verification dialog appears.
- For added security, you may click the lock icon , and then click Lock to confirm the setting. This makes this setting mandatory for all users in your account.
How to enable or disable cloud recording chat or transcript visibility at the group level
Note: The page Group Management, which is now known as Groups for users that have a Zoom account after August 21, 2021, will now be called Groups for those that have the New Admin Experience enabled in their accounts.
For the purpose of setting or disabling the visibility of chat transcripts or cloud recording for a group of users:
- Navigate to the Zoom portal and enter the desired settings.
- To do this, click on the User Management menu item, then click on the Group Management option.
- Select the Recording tab from the dropdown menu.
- It is possible to switch on or off Viewers can see the transcript / Viewers can see the chat by clicking the toggles.
- When the change is being verified a dialog box will appear. Click Enable or Disable to verify that the change has been made.
Note: If you see a grayed out option on the configuration screen, it was locked at the account level and therefore needs to be changed at that level.
- Click the lock icon in the bottom right corner, and then click Lock to confirm the setting if you want this setting to be mandatory for all users in the group.
How to enable or disable cloud recording chat or transcript visibility at the user level
The following steps will take you through the process of enabling or disabling chat/transcript visibility in the cloud recording.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal from your computer or mobile device.
- On the left hand side of the screen, click Settings.
- On the right hand side of the screen, click Recording.
- It is possible to enable or disable the Viewers can see the transcript and Viewers can see the chat by clicking the toggles.
- To verify that the change has been made, click Enable or Disable on the verification dialog if it appears.
Note: If the option is grayed out, then either the group or the account has locked both the feature or the account. Zoom administrators need to be contacted about this.