Changing cloud recording chat/transcript visibility
Prerequisites for changing cloud recording chat/transcript visibility
- For instance, a business license that does feature cloud recording can be: Having a business license, education license, or enterprise license
- The owner or admin of the account must be able to select whether or not this feature will be enabled at the group or account level
How to enable or disable cloud recording chat or transcript visibility at the account level
The following steps should be followed in order to enable or disable the visibility of all users’ chat/transcripts on the cloud server:
- Go to your Zoom account and login to the web portal.
- Click on the Account Management menu item under the Account Settings section.
- You will find the Recording tab on the left side of the page.
- It is important to enable or disable the Viewers can see the transcript / Viewers can see the chat option in the Viewers can see the transcript menu.
- To verify the change have been made, click ‘Enable’ or ‘Disable’ if a verification dialog appears.
- For added security, you may click the lock icon , and then click Lock to confirm the setting. This makes this setting mandatory for all users in your account.
How to enable or disable cloud recording chat or transcript visibility at the group level
For the purpose of setting or disabling the visibility of chat transcripts or cloud recording for a group of users:
- Navigate to the Zoom portal and enter the desired settings.
- To do this, click on the User Management menu item, then click on the Group Management option.
- Select the Recording tab from the dropdown menu.
- It is possible to switch on or off Viewers can see the transcript / Viewers can see the chat by clicking the toggles.
- When the change is being verified a dialog box will appear. Click Enable or Disable to verify that the change has been made.
Note: If you see a grayed out option on the configuration screen, it was locked at the account level and therefore needs to be changed at that level.
- Click the lock icon in the bottom right corner, and then click Lock to confirm the setting if you want this setting to be mandatory for all users in the group.
Read it also –
How to enable or disable cloud recording chat or transcript visibility at the user level
The following steps will take you through the process of enabling or disabling chat/transcript visibility in the cloud recording.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal from your computer or mobile device.
- On the left hand side of the screen, click Settings.
- On the right hand side of the screen, click Recording.
- It is possible to enable or disable the Viewers can see the transcript and Viewers can see the chat by clicking the toggles.
- To verify that the change has been made, click Enable or Disable on the verification dialog if it appears.
Note: If the option is grayed out, then either the group or the account has locked both the feature or the account. Zoom administrators need to be contacted about this.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I enable audio transcript in Zoom?
- Make sure you are logged into Zoom. You can log in to Zoom using your UVA email address and password by going to the UVA Zoom Login page and following the instructions there.
- Choose Settings from the drop-down menu. You will find the Settings tab under the Personal menu on the left side.
- The Recording tab can be found under the Recording menu.
- Choose the Audio Transcript option from the drop-down menu.
How do I share Zoom recording with transcript?
Your Cloud recordings can be transcribed if you turn on audio transcription
As shown in the image below, there is a heading called Settings which can be found in the left hand navigation menu at the bottom of the Zoom profile page. It is suggested that you click the Recording tab (which can be found at the top of the Settings page) once you have accessed the Settings page and clicked the Recording tab. You will find Advanced cloud recording settings under the Recording tab, and on the Cloud recording tab, you will need to ensure that Audio transcript is selected under the Cloud recording settings. Save the file by clicking on the Save button.