If you are an in-person presenter at a meeting or webinar, you can allow access to slide control to other participants. These participants will be able to control the visual presentation as the presenter progresses through the slides or when they present their section of the presentation. By doing this, the presenter will not be required to ask for a slide change when they are ready, which would disrupt the flow of the meeting and presentation. Multiple participants can control slides at the same time during a meeting, or multiple panelists can control slides at the same time during a webinar.
Prerequisites for slide control
- Zoom desktop client
- For Windows: version 5.8.3 or higher
- For macOS: version 5.8.3 or higher
- Supported presentation software
- Google Slides
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Office 365 PowerPoint
Enabling slide control
Slide Control can be enabled or disabled for all users in the account by the following steps:
- If you have the permission to edit the account settings for Zoom, please sign in to the Zoom web portal as a web admin.
- You will then be able to access the account settings under the Account Management tab.
- From the Account Management tab, click on Meetings.
- If the Slide Control toggle is enabled or disabled under In Meeting (Basic), it can be selected.
- During the verification process, if a dialog box appears, click Enable or Disable to ensure the change has been made.
- Click the lock icon , and then click Lock to confirm the setting for all users in your account if you want to make this setting mandatory for all account members.
Slide Control can be enabled or disabled for a group of users by following these steps:
- You will need to log in as a user with administrator privileges to Zoom’s web portal in order to edit groups.
- Simply click the User Management button and then click the Group Management button to begin editing group members.
- From the list, select the appropriate group from the drop-down list.
- From the list, click the Meetings tab.
- To enable or disable the Slide Control function under In Meeting (Basic), click the Slide Control toggle switch.
- You can verify your changes by confirming the change by clicking Enable or Disable on the verification dialog box.
Note: In this case, the account level option is locked, which means it will need to be changed at that level if it has been grayed out.
- In the event that you want this setting to be mandatory for all users in the group, click the lock icon, confirm the setting by clicking Lock, as illustrated in the picture below.
Slide Control can be enabled or disabled for your own use by following the instructions below:
- Please sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Once you are logged in, click the Settings link on the navigation panel.
- Click on the Meeting tab.
- You have the option of enabling or disabling the Slide Control under the In Meeting (Basic) window.
- The change will be verified after clicking Enable or Disable if a verification dialog box appears.
Note:The grayed out options mean that they have been locked under the scope of a group or account. The administrator of Zoom would be able to assist you.
Using slide control in a meeting or webinar
How to assign slide control
- You can start a meeting or join a webinar.
- Using the share function within Keynote, PowerPoint, or Google Slides, you can start sharing your presentation.
- You will find Slide Control in the sharing toolbar.
- Select the participant or participants you would like to hold slide control over.
With slide control enabled, the number of participants will be displayed next to the slide icon, and the slide control button will update.
As long as you continue to share slides with a participant after you assign slide control, they will remain in control of the slides. In the event that you exit presentation mode before you start presenting again, the slide controls will disappear, but they will reappearance once you start presenting again. Click on the name of a person in the list to revoke the access to their account, or you can revoke access to all accounts by clicking on the Stop Slide Control button or stopping sharing altogether.
Using slide control
In fact, once you have been given access to slide control and the presenter has entered presentation mode, you will be informed by a banner notification of this new capability. In the bottom-left corner of the presentation view, just under the banner, you will find the slide controls.
- If you want to move the presentation backwards or forwards, you can click the left arrow or right arrow button.
- The left and right keys on your keyboard can be used to move the presentation backwards or forwards as an alternative to using the arrow keys.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you give someone control of slides in zoom?
Give someone access to Slide Control
To reveal the Zoom control bar, move the cursor to the top of the screen after sharing your screen or Slide Show. Slide Control will be visible. In the meeting, you can select who will control the slides by clicking on it.
How do I control other participants screen in zoom?
- In the meeting window, click the View Options drop-down menu while viewing another participant’s screen share.
- Click on the Request Remote Control button, then click the Confirm Request button to confirm your request. …
- You can start controlling the participant’s screen once you click inside the screen share.