Establishing a Zoom test call will help you prepare for upcoming Zoom meetings. If our test meeting is your first time using Zoom, you have the option to check the connectivity of your computer, familiarize yourself with the video conferencing features, and adjust your audio and video before coming on board.
Before joining the Zoom meeting, you can test your video and audio while you are in the meeting, if you do not have any time before joining.
Note: You can join a Test Meeting by going to http://zoom.us/test, then follow the instructions to test your video and audio if you are using the Zoom mobile app.
Prerequisites for joining a test meeting
- Zoom desktop client
Creating a test video call
- Visit http://zoom.us/test.
- To launch Zoom, click on the Join button.
The meeting will be launched in your browser after clicking the Join button:
- The Zoom desktop client can be launched on your computer by clicking the Open Zoom.us button once Zoom is installed on your computer.
- Zoom desktop client can be downloaded and installed on your computer if you don’t have it already installed. Click on download and run Zoom to complete the download process, install Zoom, and launch Zoom.
- Zoom desktop client can be downloaded and installed on your computer, however if you are unable to do so, you can join from your browser.
- There will be a popup window in the Zoom test meeting for testing your microphone and speakers. Occasionally, the ringtone may not be heard using the drop-down menu, so you may need to click No to switch to another speaker until you hear it. Once you have heard the ringtone, click Yes to continue testing the microphone.
- Please use the drop-down menu or click No to switch microphones until you hear a replay. If you do not hear a replay, use the drop-down menu or click No until you hear it. Once the replay has played, you should click Yes.
- You will then be prompted to join the computer audio.
- We requested that you click on the Join with Computer Audio button in order to join the test meeting using computer audio.
We will add you as a participant to the Zoom test meeting. Click here to find out more about attending to a meeting.