You can access the Personal Meeting Room with your Personal Meeting ID (PMI) which is a dedicated virtual meeting room and is permanently reserved for you.
You can automatically use the Personal Meeting ID (PMI) users have associated with your account when a new instant meeting is started by enabling Use Personal Meeting ID (PMI) when starting an instant meeting.
As a pre-requisite
- There are four types of accounts available: free, pro, business, and enterprise
- with the ability to become the owner of an account or to be an administrator
Upon starting a meeting via Instant Meetings, you will be able to use Personal Meeting ID (PMI)
Using Personal Meeting ID (PMI) to start an instant meeting for all users in the account can be enabled by enabling the following:
- If you have the privilege of editing account settings, you can log in to the Zoom web portal as an administrator.
- Navigate to the Account Management menu, then click the Account Settings link.
- From the Account Settings page, click on Meetings.
- To enable the use of Personal Meeting ID (PMI) for instant meetings in Schedule Meeting, click the toggle under Use Personal Meeting ID (PMI) when starting an instant meeting.
- After you have verified the change, click Enable to complete the process.
- For security reasons, you may want to make this setting mandatory for all your account users. If you do not need to make this setting mandatory, then simply click the lock icon, and confirm your decision by clicking Lock.
When a group of users starts an instant meeting, the following are the steps to enable Use Personal Meeting ID (PMI):
- You will need to login to Zoom’s web portal as the administrator with the privilege of editing groups.
- Select User Management then click on Group Management in the navigation menu.
- From the drop-down menu, select the group that you wish to manage from the list.
- You will then be directed to click Meetings.
- During the Schedule Meeting section, you can toggle to use the Personal Meeting ID (PMI) when initiating an instant meeting.
- You will see a confirmation dialog box if the change needs to be verified.
- A grayed out option means that the option has been restricted at the account level, and you need to change the account level option.
- If you would like to confirm that this setting is mandatory for all users in the group, you may click the lock icon , and then confirm it by clicking Lock.
For the purpose of enabling Use Personal Meeting ID (PMI) when starting an instant meeting for your own use, simply follow the steps below:
- Log into the Zoom web portal by entering the Zoom user name and password.
- On the left side of the screen, click Settings.
- Select Meetings from the drop-down menu.
- Activating the Personal Meeting ID (PMI) will require you to click on the button titled Use Personal Meeting ID (PMI) when you are setting up an instant meeting on Schedule Meeting.
- If a dialog appears asking for a verification, click Enable to verify that the change has been made.
- Grayed out options have been locked at either a group or account level and need to be changed at those levels if they have been locked. Zoom administrators need to be contacted if you have either of these options disabled.
An instant meeting can be started by identifying the meeting with a Personal Meeting ID (PMI)
To start an instant meeting with your PMI, you need to follow these instructions.