The Zoom Outlook plugin and Zoom add-in are the two options available for Outlook integration. Zoom meetings can be added to Outlook events using both integrations. Add-ins can be integrated in Office AppSource through the plugin, which is a version of an application installation.
Accordingly, Zoom strongly recommends migrating your users to Zoom’s Outlook add-in in order to maintain compliance with Apple’s and Microsoft‘s policies. The new solution makes it easier to deploy and better to manage, and it meets the security requirements of vendors like Apple as well as the new Microsoft support.
Read it also –
|Outlook Plugin And Add In Comparison In Zoom App|
|How To Get Started With Outlook Plugin And Add In In Zoom App|
|How To Troubleshoot Zoom Log For Outlook Plugin On Macos|
The following deployments are recommended in this context:
- Office 365 – Mac and Windows environment: Download and install Zoom Outlook.
- Office 365 – Windows only: Use Zoom Outlook add-ins since they simplify admin management and provide a more useful user experience. It will still work with Zoom Outlook plugins as well.
- On Premise Office – Mac and Windows: Download and install the Add-In for Exchange 2016. Install the plugin on Mac OS Mojave or earlier if using older versions of On Premise Office, since Mac OS Catalina does not support plugins.
- On Premise Office – Windows only: Ensure you deploy the add-in if your Exchange server is 2016 or 2019. You can install the plugin on a version of OnPremise Office older than 2016.
If you would like to begin migrating to Zoom’s Outlook add-on, we recommend you do so now. Here’s more information on how Zoom’s Outlook add-in works. You can submit a request for help with the migration to Zoom Support if you have any questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I enable zoom in Outlook plugin?
- Log in to your Outlook account and open the program.
- You will find the File tab at the top of the page.
- In order to manage add-ins, click the Info button and scroll down the list until you find Manage Add-ins displayed as a drop-down menu. Whenever you click on Manage Add-ins in Outlook, you will be taken to a browser. …
- By clicking on the Add button, you will be able to add Zoom for Outlook to the Add-Ins for Outlook window, which by default is included by default in the Add-Ins for Outlook window.
How do I download the zoom plugin in Outlook?
- The Zoom Download Center can be accessed through your browser by clicking on the link below.
- Click on the Download button on the right of this page in order to get the Zoom Plugin for Microsoft Outlook that you can download from the website.
- There is a wizard that starts up.
- The next step is to click on the Next button.
- When the installation is complete, click on the Next button to confirm it.
- You can close the window by clicking the close button.
- As a result, the Zoom section should now appear in your Outlook account.
Does Zoom have an Outlook plugin?
Why is my zoom plugin not working in Outlook?
The Zoom calendar add-in for Outlook does not appear on the calendar for the current month.
If you are using Outlook, go to File and click on Options. By clicking on the Add-Ins link on the left side of the screen, you will be able to access the Add-Ins menu. Click on the Disabled Items drop-down field, and then click on the Go button, and you’ll see a list of disabled items displayed. Select the Zoom Outlook Plug-in and once the Zoom Outlook Plug-in has been selected, click the Enable button to make it active.
Where is zoom in Outlook?
A new option is now available for you to set the zoom preference when you are composing, replying, or forwarding an email.
- Start writing an email by clicking on the ‘New Email’ button.
- Select the Format Text option and then click on Zoom.
- Make sure that you have the Zoom set to 100% (or whatever percentage you prefer) and then click the OK button.