In order to automatically save their in-meeting and in-webinar chats, webinar hosts and panelists will be able to make a copy of the text of those chats on their computer following the start of both meetings and webinars, so they do not need to manually save the chat text after the meeting or webinar starts. In this article, you will learn how to save conversations in meetings.
The following chat transcript is a record of all the messages you were able to see during the meeting as long as you were connected to it. I am including anything that has been sent or received to you as a private message, but not anything that has been exchanged between participants.
The prerequisites for auto-saving chats are as follows:
- I have a Zoom account
- with the privilege of being an account owner/administrator
The ability to enable or disable the ability to automatically save chats
To turn on or off the feature of auto-saving chats for all users in an account, click on the appropriate button.
- You should log in as an admin to the Zoom Web Portal so that you will have access to edit your account settings.
- Click Account Management at the top of the screen then click Account Settings at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the Meetings tab.
- The Auto saving chats toggle can be turned on or off from the In Meeting (Basic) section.
- Verify that the change was made by clicking Enable or Disable if a verification dialog appears.
- (Optional) If you want to take this setting out of the user’s control, click the lock icon and then click Lock to confirm that you want to enforce this as a member of the account.
Using this method, a group of users can decide whether they want Auto saving of chats enabled or disabled:
- If you are an administrator with the privilege to create and edit groups, sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin.
- Click on User Management, and then click on Group Management from the navigation menu.
- Select the appropriate group from the list and click on it.
- On the tab that shows up, click Meetings.
- When you click the Auto saving chats toggle in In Meeting (Basic), you will be able to choose whether it was enabled or not.
- Verify the change by clicking Enable or Disable in a confirmation dialog box that appears.
. If the option is grayed out, they have been locked at the account level and to change it you will require changing the account level change.
- The lock icon can be used as an option to make this setting mandatory for all members of the group. Click Lock to confirm the setting, then click the lock icon again.
For your own use, you can enable or disable the automatic saving of chats using the following steps.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- After that, click on the Settings icon in the left menu.
- Then select the Meetings option.
- To enable or disable auto-saving chats, you will need to click the toggle next to In Meeting (Basic).
- Upon displaying a verification dialog box, click Enable or Disable to ensure you made the right choice.