This post was most recently updated on July 21st, 2022
In cloud collaboration software like Zoom, Apple has just added a new Centre Stage feature that keeps video on while the person is moving around in front of the iPad. The iPad’s placement in the center of the video allows for a more dynamic and engaging video experience, and you do not have to move it in order to remain at the center.
Prerequisites for using Apple’s Center Stage feature with Zoom
- Zoom mobile app for iOS: version 5.6.6 (423) or higher
- iPad Pro 12.9″ (5th generation)
How to Enable Center Stage in a Zoom meeting or webinar
During Zoom meetings or webinars, you can enable or disable this option as you see fit.
- Get started with a Zoom meeting or webinar, or join an existing one.
- You can access the meeting controls by tapping the screen.
- Turn on the video tracking by tapping Turn On Center Stage on the top-left corner of the screen.
- Turning the video tracking off is as simple as tapping Turn Off Center Stage.