In a Zoom Room, you can join a meeting with the Zoom desktop client by disabling the client’s audio and video. Zoom Rooms provide video and audio communication, screen sharing, chat, and participant management.
Prerequisites for joining a Zoom Room meeting using the desktop client
- Using Zoom on your desktop
- The Windows operating system must be version 5.0.0 or higher
- The MacOS version must be at least 5.0.0
- Mobile app for Zoom
- The Android operating system must be at least version 5.0.0
- The iOS version must be at least 5.0.0
How to join a meeting using the desktop client in a Zoom Room
Windows | macOS
- Open Zoom on your desktop.
- On the Meetings tab, click the Meetings button.
- Choose the meeting from the list.
- Select a room and click Join.
Zoom Rooms in your area will be searched for by the desktop client. On the Zoom Room display, enter the Sharing key if none are detected.
Note: In this case, companion mode will no longer be available if you launch your video from the desktop client.
How to join a meeting using the mobile app in a Zoom Room
Android | iOS
- Open the Zoom app on your mobile device and sign in.
- Select the Meetings tab on the left side of the screen.
- The meeting can be found by searching for it and selecting it.
- You can join the room by tapping the Join from Room button.
Using the mobile app, you will be able to search for Zoom Rooms in your local area. The Sharing key can be entered if none are detected on the Zoom Room display if there is none displayed.