In order to schedule and view upcoming meetings using Zoom Rooms, a second tablet can be used as a management tool for room scheduling and room management. Position the tablet outside a conference room and run the Zoom Rooms controller in scheduling display mode to display the room’s availability and reserve it. All upcoming meetings will be displayed on the scheduling display. Reservations can also be canceled by users.
Zoom Rooms licenses include unlimited scheduling display rooms, but each Zoom Room can only have up to 10 scheduling displays.
In addition to using Google Calendar, Office 365, and Microsoft Exchange for scheduling displays, scheduling displays can also be integrated with Zoom Rooms. If no one starts the meeting or checks in to the room, a room can be released from the calendar. Check in for more information.
Find out what hardware is recommended for scheduling display rooms, as well as mounting options.
Prerequisites for using Zoom Rooms scheduling displays
- License for Zoom Rooms
- Tablets such as iPads, iPad Minis, or Android tablets, and their wall mounts
- Tap Scheduler by Logitech
- This is a neat pad
- Room Panel by Yealink
- Crestron TSS – learn how Crestron can be used as a scheduling display
- Controller version 4.2.37605.0629 or higher for Zoom Rooms App for iPad
- 4.3.33237.0925 is the required version of the Zoom Rooms App for Android
- 4.0.37666.0630 or later of Zoom Rooms for Mac is required
- 4.0.4731.0823 or higher is required for Zoom Rooms for PC.
- Version 4.6.50000.0407 or higher is required for Zoom Rooms Appliances
- Integration of Google Calendar or Drive and Exchangealendar
- Discover how to schedule Zoom Rooms computers on the same network.
- It is possible to choose between landscape and portrait mode on iOS and Android tablets by rotating the tablet in the desired direction.
- For all Zoom Room devices, version 4.6.0 or higher is required for a setup with multiple scheduling displays. Each Zoom Room can have a maximum of 10 displays.
How to configure a Zoom Rooms scheduling display
As a Zoom Rooms scheduling display, configure the controller as follows:
- Zoom Rooms can be downloaded and installed on a tablet.
This screen displays when you sign in.
- The Zoom Rooms administrator credentials are required to access the app.
A screen titled Select a Room appears.
- After selecting the room, tap Next.
This dialog asks what you intend to do with the device.
- The Scheduling Display will appear.
When the app opens, the display shows the room’s calendar at the top, along with its busy or available status at the bottom.
- Outside the conference room, mount the controller.
Scheduling displays are configured as devices associated with rooms, and you can manage them similarly to how rooms and controllers are managed.
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by signing in.
- Zoom Rooms can be found under Room Management in the navigation menu.
- Ensure that the tablet that displays the scheduling information is associated with the appropriate room and has an online status by clicking the name of the room on which the tablet shows the scheduling information.
How to switch between a scheduling display and a room controller
By switching between the tablet’s modes, you will be able to repurpose it for different purposes.
When you are in scheduling display mode, you can switch over to room controller mode by following these steps:
- In the top right corner of your display, you will see the Settings icon. Tap this icon so you can select the toggle that enables Lock Settings.
- In order to unlock the device, you must enter the passcode.
- You can switch between controllers by tapping the Switch to Controller option on the Settings panel.
It is possible to switch between room controller and scheduling display mode by following the following steps:
- On the bottom left of the display, tap the Settings icon and then tap the toggle to lock the settings, which will appear at the bottom.
- If you are asked for a passcode, enter it.
- On the Scheduling Display screen, tap the Switch to Scheduling button.
How to schedule a meeting from the Zoom Rooms scheduling display
It is the tablet that is configured for scheduling display mode and is installed outside of the conference room that displays the meetings that have been webinar page. Here you will see a list of scheduled for the room on display. On the bottom of the screen is a symbol that indicates that the room is busy if it currently has a meeting on its calendar.
The room will show as Available if there are no meetings scheduled for the moment.
From the schedule display, you will be able to reserve a Zoom Room by following these steps:
- It does not matter if the location is busy or available on the screen, you should tap the Reserve button.
In the calendar that appears, you can see the times during which the room is available for reservations.
- In order to edit the meeting title, you need to tap the New Meeting button to open a keyboard.
- Drag both blue lines up and down by pressing the screen between them.
- Set the blue line at the top of the chart to indicate when the meeting will begin.
- The length of the meeting can be controlled by pressing the blue dot to the right of the bottom blue line. To indicate the end of the meeting, position the blue line at the bottom of the screen.
- If you would like to change the requirements for the Meeting Passcode or the Waiting Room, simply tap the toggle buttons.
- By clicking Add Participants, you can send an email invitation to attendees.
- Press the Reserve button.
Room controllers, meeting displays, and online calendars for the room are updated with the meeting.
How to remove a meeting from the scheduling display
As well as removing meetings from the scheduling display, you can also remove any meetings that appear on the scheduling display. Adding a meeting to the calendar display can be removed by following the steps below:
- On the schedule display, tap the meeting topic that you wish to attend.
- There is only one option to choose from a popup dialog if the meeting was scheduled using the calendar.
- The pop-up dialog will display both a Close option and a Delete option to choose if the meeting was scheduled from the scheduling display.
- Click on the Delete button.
In the calendar associated with the room, the scheduling display, the controller, and the calendar with respect to the schedule associated with the meeting are removed from the calendar.
Read it also –
What is required to add a scheduling display to a room
It is possible to use a scheduling display in a normal room if you have a Zoom Rooms system, but if you do not have one, you can add the schedule to a normal room. The use of Zoom Rooms is not required to be able to do this. This room type can be used for in-person meetings that do not require the full functionality of Zoom Rooms since they are only used for scheduling. There is no possibility of hosting a Zoom meeting in this room or joining one that is already in progress. As long as the calendar system is integrated with the controller, users are able to reserve the room through a calendar system or reserve it directly through the controller for the same-day meeting.
For these rooms, all that is required is a tablet for the display of upcoming meetings and for the reservation of the room. Computers and screens are not available to them.
- Log into the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- To access Zoom Rooms, you will need to click on Room Management from the navigation menu.
- In the Add Room window, click the Add Room button.
- The name of the room should be entered here.
- In order for the room to be able to use the Calendar Service, you need to select a Calendar Resource.
- It is optional to set up this feature for other rooms, but it is a requirement if you wish to use the scheduling feature for display rooms.
- Select Reservation Only under Room Type.
- Save & Add Another or click Finish.
How to customize the scheduling display from the web portal
Scheduling display device and app Info
In case you want to use a different device for scheduling displays, you can display the version and device details.
- Zoom Rooms administrators can access the Zoom web portal by clicking the Zoom Rooms tab.
- Click the Devices tab after clicking the name of the room.
This device is listed among the associated devices in the room.
- A scheduling display can be removed by hovering over it and clicking Remove at the bottom.
Instant Room Reservation
The scheduling display allows users to reserve a room instantly by default. Activate or deactivate instant room reservations by following these steps:
- Click the Zoom Rooms tab once you’re logged in as a Zoom Rooms administrator.
- Next to the room for which you want instant reservations enabled or disabled, click Edit.
- Select Scheduling Display from the menu.
- Activate or deactivate Instant Room Reservation by clicking the toggle.
In the scheduling display, the background image is used for the home screen, which displays information on the upcoming meetings and the status of the meeting rooms on the schedule display. The background image can be set to match the background image used in Zoom Rooms for your workspace. Additionally, you have the option of setting a specific background image for the scheduling display, if you wish.
There are a few guidelines that should be followed when choosing the background image:
- File format: There are three formats available: GIF, JPG/JPEG, or 24-bit PNG (without alpha channel).
- Suggested dimensions: The size of the image should be at least 1920 x 1080 pixels (16:9 aspect ratio). The scheduling display will zoom in on an image if it is not in a 16:9 aspect ratio, or if it is not large enough to fill the screen of the scheduling display when you use an image that does not have a 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Note: If you are using the scheduling display in portrait mode, we recommend using an image that is 1080px by 1920px (9:16 aspect ratio). The scheduling display will zoom in on an image with an aspect ratio of 16:9 if you use it.
- Because upcoming meetings, the date, time, and room name are displayed over white text on the scheduling display, it’s best not to use very light-colored background images.
- As a Zoom Rooms administrator, sign in to your account.
- You can access Zoom Rooms by clicking Room Management in the navigation menu.
- Click Edit next to the room.
- On the Scheduling tab, click Display Scheduling.
- The Zoom Rooms background image can be used in the Background Image section or you can upload your own:
- Zoom Rooms background image: The Zoom Rooms background will be set to the same image if you choose Set to the same image. The image will be displayed as a preview.
- New image: If your image meets the above requirements, click Upload New Image. The image will be displayed as a preview.
LED Enclosure Integration
With a supported LED enclosure, you can display room status by changing the LED color.
- Become a Zoom Rooms administrator by logging into your Zoom account.
- You can access Zoom Rooms by clicking Room Management in the navigation menu.
- You can edit the room by clicking the Edit button next to it.
- Choose Scheduling Display from the tabs.
- Activate or deactivate LED Enclosure Integration by clicking the toggle.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I check my Zoom room schedule?
Does Zoom have a scheduling tool?
How do I integrate calendar with Zoom room?
How do I create a scheduled Zoom meeting?
- Once you have successfully downloaded Zoom for your computer, you will need to sign in to it once it has been opened on your computer.
- In the Home tab of the page, there is a Schedule button that you can click on. …
- The meeting name, the date, and the time should be entered in the pop-up window.
- There are a number of settings that you can adjust regarding Video, Calendar, and Security in order to meet your specific needs. …
- When you are done, click on the blue Save button at the bottom of the page.