If you can’t hear other people in a Zoom meeting, follow these steps to fix the problem:
1. Make sure that the audio is not muted in the Zoom meeting. A gray
microphone icon is displayed in the upper left corner .
2. Increase the volume on your iOS device.
3. Try using the earphones to see if others can hear your voice.
4. Restart your iOS device.
5. Reinstall Zoom from the App Store .
If you have problems using a microphone with Zoom on your iOS device, please follow the steps below to resolve the problem.
1. Make sure that the microphone is not muted. The organizer
may have muted you when joining the meeting .
2. Make sure you have connected the microphone of your iOS device.
3. Check if other people can hear you using earphones.
4. Go to Settings> Zoom and make sure Zoom has access to your microphone.
5. Make sure no other application is using the microphone at the same time. The Home button
double-tap (or, tracing the screen from the bottom to the top of the dock in iPhoneX) and, application of currently running
you can check the application. To close the application, swipe up (flick).
6. Restart your iOS device.
7. Reinstall Zoom from the App Store.
If these troubleshooting steps do not work, please contact us with your iPad / iPhone model and version information for your iOS.
If you can not hear the other participants in the Zoom meeting, follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue:
- Increase the volume of your Android device’s speaker
- Try if you can hear using the earphones
- Reboot your Android device
- Reinstall Zoom from the Play Store.
If other users can not hear you in the Zoom meeting, follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- Make sure that the microphone is not muted. The host may have muted you when joining the meeting.
- Make sure your microphone is connected to the meeting
- Try using headphones to see if others can hear you
- [Settings]> [ Application Manager] > [ Zoom in, please make sure that you have authorized to use his microphone to Zoom. If it is not set, reinstall it as shown in step 6.
- Make sure no other application is currently using your microphone. You can tap the task manager icon to see the currently running application. These applications can be closed by swiping to the right.
- Reboot your Android device.
- Uninstall Zoom from Application Manager and reinstall it from Play Store.
If these troubleshooting steps do not work, please contact us with your Android model and operating system information.