The easiest way to join a meeting or webinar by phone is to call yourself (also known as “call me”) while you are in it. In addition, you can manually dial into the meeting by dialing into the phone number.
- 1 Prerequisites for joining meeting or webinar audio by phone
- 2 It is possible to join meetings and webinars by phone by following the steps below
- 2.1 Frequently Asked Questions
- 2.2 How do I allow phone calls in Zoom meeting?
- 2.3 How do I join a Zoom meeting by audio only?
- 2.4 Does free Zoom allow phone dial in?
- 2.5 How do Zoom phone numbers work?
- 2.6 Can Zoom call a phone number?
- 2.7 Does Zoom provide a call in number?
Prerequisites for joining meeting or webinar audio by phone
- Host account is Pro or above
- Subscribed to the Audio Plan add-on
- Setting is enabled at the account, group, or user level
- Make sure your meeting or webinar role has permission to use call-out to join audio by phone or invite others.
You should also verify that your phone service has not blocked the phone numbers for the call-outs in your account. Zoom will always use the following dedicated number for US-based numbers, +1-646-568-7788. Zoom will use the list of international phone numbers in the web portal in ascending order whenever international numbers are to be called. Therefore, it means that if the first number on the list is not available, the second number on the list will be used instead. Zoom will use the United States toll-free number, +1-646-568-7788, if none of the numbers with the respected country are available.
It is possible to join meetings and webinars by phone by following the steps below
You can dial your own phone device to access any meeting from your phone device.
- Log in to the Zoom desktop client from your computer.
- Select a meeting to join or start.
- If you have not yet joined the meeting by audio, click Join Audio if you have not yet done so.
You can switch to phone audio by clicking the Switch to Phone Audio button if you have already joined the meeting using computer audio.
- Click the Call Me tab.
- Click the drop-down menu to select the country code of your phone numIn the case of a call involving an extension, after you have typed the number, a hyphen “-” is needed and you are to enter the extension.after the phone number and enter the extension. The extension 156 is dialed when the phone number 6032331333-156 is dialed.
- Join the Zoom app on your mobile device.
- You can start a meeting or join an existing one.
- Tap Join Audio if you haven’t joined the meeting by audio.
- If you’ve already connected to the meeting using your computer audio, then you will need to select More and then Disconnect Audio.
- Tab Join Audio then Dial in.
- By clicking on the drop-down menu at the top, you will be able to select the country or region from which the dial-in numbers will be displayed.
- Then you will have to click on the telephone icon.
Read it also –
|Customizing Default Audio Settings In Zoom App
|Managing Advanced Audio Settings In Zoom App
|Audio Echo During A Zoom Meeting
|How To Check The Operation Of Audio Equipment Before And During Zoom Meeting
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I allow phone calls meeting?
If you are an owner or an admin of the Zoom account, you have the privilege to edit the settings within the Zoom web portal as well. You can find Account Management under the navigation menu, and then Account Settings can be found under Account Settings. To begin the audio conferencing process, click on the Audio Conferencing tab. You can toggle the ability to call me and invite by phone on or off by clicking the toggle.
How do I join a Zoom meeting by audio only?
On the main Zoom menu, you can choose Screen Share Meeting, if you want to have an audio-only meeting immediately. From the scheduling interface, you can select Screen Share Meeting (Video will not automatically start) if you wish to schedule a meeting that is only audio.
Besides Zoom’sglobal dial-in numbers (tolls apply), you can also subscribe to an audio conferencing plan which includes toll-free numbers, toll numbers, call-out numbers, and dedicated dial-in numbers so that you can conduct conferences anywhere in the world. If the meeting host has a or fee-based toll number, users can dial into the meeting using that toll-free or fee-based number to dial in.
How do Zoom phone numbers work?
What is the process of setting up a virtual number?
Virtual phone numbers are phone numbers that are not tied to any specific physical location or device, but work as if they were. There are many ways that you can set up virtual numbers to route calls to devices such as mobile devices, physical office phones, software-based “softphones” on computers, and even other phone numbers if you so desire.
Can Zoom call a phone number?
A telephone user can be invited to a Zoom meeting by calling them while in a Zoom Room during a Zoom meeting. Alternatively, you cana phone number to set up a one-on-one call or call a conference bridge if you want to hold a meeting that is not hosted by Zoom.
Does Zoom provide a number?
In order to access Zoom dial-in numbers, you will need to subscribe to an audio conferencing plan, select the Zoom dial-in numbers that you would like to use, and make sure the host has the license for them. Before you start a meeting, if you are the host, you can check the dial-in numbers that will be available to you and your participants in advance, so you can plan accordingly.