This post was most recently updated on July 23rd, 2022
The easiest way to join a meeting or webinar by phone is to call yourself (also known as “call me”) while you are in it. In addition, you can manually dial into the meeting by dialing into the phone number.
- It is not possible to “Call me” more than 15 minutes before the start of the meeting if you call earlier.
- It is also not possible to use the “Call me” feature if the meeting is set to have “No Fixed Time.”
Prerequisites for joining meeting or webinar audio by phone
- Host account is Pro or above
- Subscribed to the Audio Plan add-on
- Setting is enabled at the account, group, or user level
- Make sure your meeting or webinar role has permission to use call-out to join audio by phone or invite others.
You should also verify that your phone service has not blocked the phone numbers for the call-outs in your account. Zoom will always use the following dedicated number for US-based numbers, +1-646-568-7788. Zoom will use the list of international phone numbers in the web portal in ascending order whenever international numbers are to be called. Therefore, it means that if the first number on the list is not available, the second number on the list will be used instead. Zoom will use the United States toll-free number, +1-646-568-7788, if none of the numbers with the respected country are available.
It is possible to join meetings and webinars by phone by following the steps below
You can dial your own phone device to access any meeting from your phone device.
- Log in to the Zoom desktop client from your computer.
- Select a meeting to join or start.
- If you have not yet joined the meeting by audio, click Join Audio if you have not yet done so.
You can switch to phone audio by clicking the Switch to Phone Audio button if you have already joined the meeting using computer audio.
- Click the Call Me tab.
- Click the drop-down menu to select the country code of your phone numIn the case of a call involving an extension, after you have typed the number, a hyphen “-” is needed and you are to enter the extension.after the phone number and enter the extension. The extension 156 is dialed when the phone number 6032331333-156 is dialed.
- Join the Zoom app on your mobile device.
- You can start a meeting or join an existing one.
- Tap Join Audio if you haven’t joined the meeting by audio.
- If you’ve already connected to the meeting using your computer audio, then you will need to select More and then Disconnect Audio.
- Tab Join Audio then Dial in.
- By clicking on the drop-down menu at the top, you will be able to select the country or region from which the dial-in numbers will be displayed.
- Then you will have to click on the telephone icon.