This post was most recently updated on July 28th, 2022
Inbound participant experiences are comprised of a series of actions connected to each other to form a flow. In order to start the flow creation process, contact center administrators can add a new flow to the application. In order to create and modify channel workflows, you will need to use the flow editor, which is a graphical programing environment for creating and modifying channel workflows once you have added a flow.
There are a number of topics covered in this article, including:
- How to add a flow
- How to duplicate a flow
Prerequisites for adding a flow
- Ownership or administrative privileges of the account
- Accounts that are either Pro, Business, or Education accounts
- In order to use Zoom Contact Center, you must have the following licenses:
How to add a flow
- Using Zoom’s web portal, you can sign in to your account.
- Select Contact Center Management from the navigation menu and then click the Flows option.
- Click on the Add button.
- Please specify the following information:
- Channel: For the flow, you will need to select the channel.
- Voice: Contact centers work on the principle of consumers entering a phone number to reach a contact center agent and interacting with him over the phone.
- Video: A consumer enters the contact center system via a website entry point, and interacts with agents over video using an entry point on the website.
- Web Chat: A contact center system allows consumers to access it through a website entry point and communicate with agents through web chat, which is provided on that website.
- SMS: By entering a phone number into the contact center system, consumers can interact with agents via SMS, which is how they enter the system.
- Name: To make it easier for you to identify the flow, enter a display name for it.
- Flow Description (Optional): The flow should be described in a few words.
- Version Description (Optional): The first version of the flow should be described in the description field
- Then click the Add button.
There will be an addition to the flow list as soon as the flow has been created.
- The flow editor can be accessed by clicking on the newly-created flow after it has been created.
How to duplicate a flow
If you would like to create a copy of a flow, you can duplicate it. There will be no change to the flow settings on the copy, except for the entry point settings, which will remain the same.
- The Zoom web portal can be accessed by logging in to your account.
- Select Contact Center Management from the navigation menu and then select Flows from the drop-down menu.
- The first thing you need to do is locate the flow you wish to duplicate.
- Click the ellipses icon (…) that is displayed in the last column, and then click the Duplicate button.
- Please provide the following information:
- Name: In order to make it easier for you to identify the flow, enter a display name. There will be an automatic copying of the previous flow’s display name and the appended “copy” to the end of it will be used by Zoom.
- Please provide the following information as a description (optional): The flow needs to be described in some way.
- Add a new item by clicking the Add button.