Administrators may use Zoom Phone policy settings to enable or disable the ability of their phone users to edit certain call overflow/handling settings and transfer their calls using in-call controls, according to their preferences.
You can apply these policies at the account, site or phone user level regardless of the number of sites you have enabled. A policy setting at the lowest level is prioritised over a policy setting at the highest level. A specific phone user can be enabled from their phone. However, if the phone user setting is disabled at the site level, the user setting applies.
- 1 Prerequisites for enabling or disabling call overflow and transfer
- 2 How to enable or disable call overflow and transfer for phone users
- 2.1 Frequently Asked Questions
- 2.2 Can you transfer Zoom call from one device to another?
- 2.3 Which tab will allow you to enable or disable international calling for your Zoom Room?
- 2.4 Does Zoom phone have call forwarding?
- 2.5 How do I transfer Zoom from my laptop to my phone?
- 2.6 How do I turn off Zoom calls?
- 2.7 Related Articles
Prerequisites for enabling or disabling call overflow and transfer
- Account type: Business, Education, or Pro
- Administrator or account owner
- License for Zoom Phone
How to enable or disable call overflow and transfer for phone users
- You can access the policy settings from the account, the site, or the phone.
- To turn it on or off for a specific account or site, or for a specific user, click on the following toggles.
- Call Overflow:
- Set whether users can alter certain overflow/handling settings on their phones. The following call handling options will be disabled for the user, site, account if they are deactivated: Forward to External Contacts, Forward to Internal Extensions, and Allow Callers to Reach an Operator. Users with noncompliant settings will have their calls forwarded to voicemail. Users with voicemail disabled will have their calls disconnected. You can find out more about these options by reading our article on call handling settings.
- Call Transferring:
- The ability to transfer a phone call using the in-call controls can be enabled or disabled.
Note: The Zoom desktop client and Zoom Mobile are the only applications that support this functionality. You cannot use a provisioned desk phone with Zoom.
- Select one of the following options under each setting if at least one of the toggles has been activated, for more granular control:
- In case of a call overflow
- You can forward to external contacts and internal extensions
- Only internal extensions can be forwarded
- If inbound recording is required, you can forward to those extensions
- Call Transferring
- Voicemail can be transferred blindly or warmly to internal extensions, and warmly or blindly to external ones
- One’s voicemail cannot be transferred blindly or warmly to external extensions.
- Internal extensions only with inbound automatic call recording can be blinded or warmed up. Voicemail messages can be forwarded to all internal extensions
- In case of a call overflow
Read it also –
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you transfer Zoom from one device to another?
Your account now has the ability to transfer meetings and webinars
To change your account settings, click the Account Management link in the navigation menu. On the Meetings tab, click on the Meetings button. In the In Meeting (Basic) section, you will find a toggle that can be used to enable or disable the option of allowing users to transfer meetings between devices.
Which tab will allow you to enable or disable international calling for your Zoom Room?
In order to edit account settings, you must be logged in as an administrator with the authorization to do so on the Zoom web portal. You can change your account settings byAccount Management in the navigation panel. In the Audio Conferencing tab, click on the Audio Conferencing button. When you scroll down to the Global Dial-in Countries and Regions section, you will find an Edit icon which you should click when you see it, which is located at the bottom of the page.
Does Zoom phone have call forwarding?
In the event that you have a smart phone or landline phone that is not connected to Zoom, you can forward your calls.
How do I transfer Zoom from my laptop to my phone?
Recordings can be shared locally by following the steps below
Using Zoom’s desktop client, sign in to your account.
The meeting tab will appear when you click on it.
If you click the Recorded button under the Recorded tab, you will see the recording.
The recording of a particular meeting can be viewed if you select its name from thethe Open button after you select its name from the list. …
By using a cloud storage or video streaming service, such as Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, YouTube, or Vimeo, you can upload the MP4 file to a service that allows for online storage or streaming, such as Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, YouTube, or Vimeo.
How do I turn off Zoom calls?
As a result, you will be able to prevent phone calls from interrupting live streams on your Android devicefollowing steps:
Select the ‘Sounds’ option from the Settings menu
You can activate the ‘Silent mode’ by pressing the ‘Silent mode’ button.
Here is a link that can be used to turn off the vibrations that occur when the mode is in silent.
The setting can be enabled by navigating to the ‘Do not disturb’ section of your device and selecting the checkbox that appears.
Select the ‘No one’ option under both the categories of ‘Calls’ and ‘Messages.
Ensure that ‘Repeated calls’ is turned off in the phone settings.