With audio transcription, your recordings of meetings or webinars that you record to the cloud will be automatically converted to text. In the list of recorded meetings, this transcript will appear as a separate VTT file when the transcript has been processed. As an added bonus, the transcript text from the video can also be displayed inside the video itself, similar to how closed captions are displayed
Transcripts are divided into sections, each accompanied by a timestamp indicating how far into the recording the video was at the time the section of text was recorded. In the transcript you will find that you can edit the text to add capitalization and punctuation that is not properly captured by the transcription, or to change the way the words are written.
Prerequisites for using audio transcription
- Cloud recording is available for Business, Education, and Enterprise licenses
- with audio transcription available
How to generate an audio transcript
Start a cloud recording if you would like to get a transcript.
The cloud recording will be available for you to access after the meeting is completed. You will receive an email after the meeting is completed. In addition to the email you receive shortly afterwards, you also receive a second email informing you that the transcription for the recording is now available. Each of these emails includes a link to view the recording and the transcription.
Read it also –
|How To Enable Or Disable Audio Transcription For Cloud Recordings In Zoom|
How to view or edit the audio transcript
In the case of audio transcripts, VTT format is used. You can open the VTT file if you download it into your computer using a text editor or a word processing tool. The transcript can also be viewed or edited on the external web portal.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- Then, click on the Recordings link in the navigation menu.
- Then, select the meeting you wish to view.
From then on, you will be able to view all the meeting recordings.
- To do this, click the play button.
During the video you will see the text of the transcript displayed on the right-hand side.
- The pencil icon appears when you hover the cursor over a phrase that you wish to edit.
- After making any changes to the text, click the checkmark to save the changes.
As soon as you play the audio or video file, the text will be updated with the latest revision.
How to display the transcript as closed captions
Embedding a transcript into an audio or video file is an automatic process, but it is hidden by default as well. Below are the steps that need to be taken to see the transcript.
- Join the Zoom web portal by logging in to your account.
- You will find the Recordings section under the navigation menu.
- Simply select the recording you wish to view.
The recording will be listed under the recording section.
- Click on the play button to view the recording.
- On the bottom right of the screen, you will find the CC icon.
You will see the CC text appear above the video, much like the closed captions.
How to search for text in audio transcripts
The audio transcripts for the recordings that you have made on your personal cloud can be used to search for text. It is also possible to search through all of the audio transcripts in your account if you are an admin.
- Log into Zoom’s web portal by entering your email address and password.
- You can search your own audio transcript by clicking Recordings in the navigation menu. You can do this by clicking Account Management, then Recording Management if you are an administrator.
- Enter a word or phrase in the text box on the right side of the audio transcript.
- You can choose to display and/or download audio transcripts from a specific Communication Content storage location (optional) by selecting a location from the drop-down menu under Storage Location.
- Click the Search button.
Your search will bring up all the text matching your search phrase.
- The transcript for the entire article can be found by clicking View Detail.
When you click View Detail, you will see the transcript displayed on the right.
- On the right, you will find the tab Audio Transcript.
The text that corresponds to the audio will be highlighted.